Zero players from top 100 betrayal are melee.

"
Kastmar wrote:
I'm plying frost blades. I'm level 96 right now. Everything is dead till multistrike finish. No bosses of course, but clearing speed is awesome. I have also mirrored dagger for it and build is extremely expensive. They suppose to do something with melee. I understand pain of regular melee.

But its not really melee, like saying new steel skills are melee.

Biggest prob for melee is surviving not dealing damage. Now with the super strong syndicate, melee is even more gimped as before.

Ranged spells/bows they kill everything offscreen without majority of mobs even noticing you.
"
kittywoofmeow wrote:
"
Kastmar wrote:
I'm plying frost blades. I'm level 96 right now. Everything is dead till multistrike finish. No bosses of course, but clearing speed is awesome. I have also mirrored dagger for it and build is extremely expensive. They suppose to do something with melee. I understand pain of regular melee.

Biggest prob for melee is surviving not dealing damage. Now with the super strong syndicate, melee is even more gimped as before.

Ranged spells/bows they kill everything offscreen without majority of mobs even noticing you.

Yeah problem with melee is that there`s absolutely no upside anymore, with statsticks we at least had some dps but now that those are gone as well we are left with no dps and no survivability...wonder why there are no melee players in top 100...

Well GGG finally made me take a long needed break from the game, so that`s nice :D
Last edited by Bearbarion on Dec 10, 2018, 1:39:08 PM
Is melee even viable this league?

I'm all for the cluster of hardness this league brings but I'd probably be one shot every syndicate I run into if I played melee.

"
Bearbarion wrote:

Yeah problem with melee is that there`s absolutely no upside anymore, with statsticks we at least had some dps but now that those are gone as well we are left with no dps and no survivability...wonder why there are no melee players in top 100...

Well GGG finally made me take a long needed break from the game, so that`s nice :D

People were melee long before stat sticks were around, without statsticks. It's the DW patch notes that fucked with melee because now you can't offhand something that isn't as powerful as main-hand like Death's Hand.

Duel Wielding fucked more with the game than the statsticks, I'm glad to see those things leave the game, they ruined item diversity, because nothing is better than a statstick.
Last edited by opeth on Dec 10, 2018, 1:46:24 PM
np reddit will still suck their dick
top kek
So question to the more experienced players out there. So is there really no benefit to DW over sword and board anymore? Like the slight DPS advantage wouldn't be enough to out weigh the survivablity you get with a shield?
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Melee.

In PoE.

LOL.

You want melee, go play Dark Souls. Or Soul Calibur. Monster Hunter World. Dragon's Crown. Dragon's Dogma.

Monster Hunter World is a hell of a good game!
"
opeth wrote:
Is melee even viable this league?

I'm all for the cluster of hardness this league brings but I'd probably be one shot every syndicate I run into if I played melee.

"
Bearbarion wrote:

People were melee long before stat sticks were around, without statsticks. It's the DW patch notes that fucked with melee because now you can't offhand something that isn't as powerful as main-hand like Death's Hand.

Duel Wielding fucked more with the game than the statsticks, I'm glad to see those things leave the game, they ruined item diversity, because nothing is better than a statstick.

yeah I am talking about both the dualwield change and shaper-offhands, deaths hand was a statstick same as prismatic eclipse was a statstick etc.

If they nerfed everything down to the current state of 2h/dualwield then bravo, the game would be balanced. Issue now is that melee i nerfed to the ground to the point of being erased from the enitre scoreboard, while spells/projectiles reign supreme. Where is the justice in that dear Chris(t)?
"
kittywoofmeow wrote:
"
Kastmar wrote:

I have not that problem forgot to mention that I have 82% cance to block booth atack and spells and 70% physical damage reduction on top of it.
"
Kastmar wrote:
"
kittywoofmeow wrote:
"
Kastmar wrote:

I have not that problem forgot to mention that I have 82% cance to block booth atack and spells and 70% physical damage reduction on top of it.

Too bad block is useless against degens like in U-Elder fight.
Could be but I'm in standard. ;-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info