Zero players from top 100 betrayal are melee.

"
Bearbarion wrote:

Too bad block is useless against degens like in U-Elder fight.

those degens are there as a time gate not as a real mechanic lol its not like capped block ruins a build for uber elder you can make loads of mistakes with 75% block.
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
"
Bearbarion wrote:

Too bad block is useless against degens like in U-Elder fight.

those degens are there as a time gate not as a real mechanic lol its not like capped block ruins a build for uber elder you can make loads of mistakes with 75% block.

Well that`s true but if you`re melee with maxblock it`s a very effective time gate as you do zero damage and will eventually die to said timegate. Source, have done this myself...of course it went ok with a mirrored dagger but you cant really say anything is viable if it needs a mirrored dagger to do it.

Please prove me wrong and show me a maxblock melee build in delve doing U-elder though :)
Max block im using for leveling. For elder im using berseker with 2m+ damage. Glass canyon. I want to go to lv. 100 and max block is perfect for it.
sad to say, range is king for a while now. both of my lvl 100 in std league are range...whowoulddvethunk
"
Molochmane wrote:
sad to say, range is king for a while now. both of my lvl 100 in std league are range...whowoulddvethunk

Yeah it's getting pretty boring with ranged being bis for so long. Really wish ggg buffs melee next patch, not very likely though.
"
EzBreesy wrote:
Or very close to zero, playing myself cyclone It's the first time I really feel like the game really shit on melee.

Earthquake, ice crash... are outdated with too low aoe, no benifit from playing melee, fortify is useless.

Fortify need to reduce damage up to 80% based on the damage you do with your melee skill, so you won't be able to link it in movement skill.

Two days into the league and really thinking to stop it, melee sucks so hard. No damage, no clear speed, no survability...

The first champion player is playing tornado shot.

ALLO GGG ??

Sounds like user error, Im playing acrobatics Cyclone HOAG and my life per hit is keeping me alive just fine.

User error OP?
Ranged has had an advantage over melee in literally every RPG ever since the dawn of time, because it can deal (some or all of Melee's) Damage at a distance, making melee monsters nullified almost entirely. how do people not understand that? It's innate in RPG's
"
Xerise wrote:
"
EzBreesy wrote:
Or very close to zero, playing myself cyclone It's the first time I really feel like the game really shit on melee.

Earthquake, ice crash... are outdated with too low aoe, no benifit from playing melee, fortify is useless.

Fortify need to reduce damage up to 80% based on the damage you do with your melee skill, so you won't be able to link it in movement skill.

Two days into the league and really thinking to stop it, melee sucks so hard. No damage, no clear speed, no survability...

The first champion player is playing tornado shot.

ALLO GGG ??

Sounds like user error, Im playing acrobatics Cyclone HOAG and my life per hit is keeping me alive just fine.

User error OP?

It's just too bad you are not the top 100. Or the stuff out of your mouth might mean something.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Xerise wrote:
Ranged has had an advantage over melee in literally every RPG ever since the dawn of time, because it can deal (some or all of Melee's) Damage at a distance, making melee monsters nullified almost entirely. how do people not understand that? It's innate in RPG's

The usual solution is to give melee more tankiness and more dps, to compensate for the obvious drawbacks of lower reach and AoE coverage.

And poe used to have that.

Back in the day you pretty much had to sacrifice links in your main spell if you wanted leech. No blasphemy, no curse on hit warlords mark, use the freaking life leech gem.
You didn't even get 5 more damage multipliers to begin with.

Melee on the other hand was quite easy to set up.

Over time, this changed. More and more options, more and more power, less and less reason to go melee.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Melee sucked in the past then they been nerfing it just recently lulz

like cyclone, sunder, dual wield, molten strike, etc nerfed last 1-2 patches... bascially anything decent they nerfed
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Dec 11, 2018, 2:36:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info