[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
Mighty_fist wrote:
And also when I opened your character I realised I have some questions. Why do you have different gems not mentioned in your build? Such as Increased duration for example? Also you are saying everywhere that we don't need to link auras to anything but in your boot set up there is arctir armour and more stuff linked while you are saying to link armour only to bonechill? The reason I am asking is that it is hard to get two 2-links on items rather than just 4links if you know what I mean.

I'm experimenting with different ideas. When I'm using Solaris instead of Arakaali/Blood Rage, I put ID into the socket instead of BR for now. There are probably other gems that could be useful in that CWDT link, such as Vortex.

Another idea I'm trying is AA - Bonechill - Discipline - Enlighten. This lets me swap Herald of Ice for Purity of Ice for Uber Elder or Hydra without taking out Bonechill (normally, you can't afford both Bonechill and Purity because then you have 0 mana unreserved).
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Jagaimo wrote:
Is the increased Area corruption on staffs bad for this build? Not sure how the Icestorm damage works. Was corrupting WI's earlier and hit that.

AoE decreases your single target DPS. Don't corrupt the staff, all possible corruptions are worse than 18% block. It's mentioned in the guide.

Ye I remembered something like that from how Firestorm worked. Will just use that staff for mapping and use another one on weapon swap for bosses then.
"
Jagaimo wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Jagaimo wrote:
Is the increased Area corruption on staffs bad for this build? Not sure how the Icestorm damage works. Was corrupting WI's earlier and hit that.

AoE decreases your single target DPS. Don't corrupt the staff, all possible corruptions are worse than 18% block. It's mentioned in the guide.

Ye I remembered something like that from how Firestorm worked. Will just use that staff for mapping and use another one on weapon swap for bosses then.

It's pretty much not good for mapping too :)
So if you have a choice, 18% block would still be much better.
At level 80 and after the first couple of map tiers, this build hasn't let me down yet. As an inexperienced POE player I enjoy that this build is easy to play (few self casted skills) and the build guide is easy to follow. During leveling, I had mana issues at first, then during the first trials the missing life regen was a problem. But with the final build layout in place, everything went to smooth sailing.

While icestorm is at full blast, you can hardly see the map around you or the minimap overlay, but there are worse things out there. In delve on the other hand, this is sometimes helpful when exploring dark side areas, since you can see the room boundaries through the darkness even.

I am not a fan of blood rage though. Right now except for some 1 hit deaths, blood rage is the only thing that comes close to killing me if I am not careful. Also frost bomb could be quicker in my opinion, either the mobs are dead anyway by the time it activates, or they have moved out of it's range.

Thumbs up for being easy to play, league start friendly and the excellent build guide. Thx!
Nice play...only chaos golem dies quickly :)
After playing for a while I finnaly understood, that I'm taking away BR for most bosses and generally feel uncomfortable with it. Any ideas about switching it out for something? Was thinking about EK or baldefall for maximum hits per cast to trigger a lot of recovery from watcher's
Last edited by sufferot on Jan 27, 2019, 4:09:12 AM
"
sufferot wrote:
After playing for a while I finnaly understood, that I'm taking away BR for most bosses and generally feel uncomfortable with it. Any ideas about switching it out for something? Was thinking about EK or baldefall for maximum hits per cast to trigger a lot of recovery from watcher's

Why do you feel that you need "switch" it with something, instead of just removing?
It's not like anything is "comparable" to blood rage, cause it's only the way to activate arakaali pantheon. You either have it, or not, there is no adequate substitution.

Bladefall and ek is completely unnecessary too, CWDT ball lightning already do anything that can be accomplished with cwdt. Bladefall and EK will not change anything that much.
You better just rerestructure your gems to add support gems that actual matters. That build is quite "gemslot-starving", so adding EK or bladefall for couple of additional hits for watcher's eye is pure madness.
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
sufferot wrote:

Why do you feel that you need "switch" it with something, instead of just removing?
It's not like anything is "comparable" to blood rage, cause it's only the way to activate arakaali pantheon. You either have it, or not, there is no adequate substitution.

Bladefall and ek is completely unnecessary too, CWDT ball lightning already do anything that can be accomplished with cwdt. Bladefall and EK will not change anything that much.
You better just rerestructure your gems to add support gems that actual matters. That build is quite "gemslot-starving", so adding EK or bladefall for couple of additional hits for watcher's eye is pure madness.

I mean, I already did anything I could to optimise sockets :D thats why I'm asking. I still will have 1 "free" socket in high level cwdt setup, wich right now is occuped by BR.
"
sufferot wrote:
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
sufferot wrote:

I mean, I already did anything I could to optimise sockets :D thats why I'm asking. I still will have 1 "free" socket in high level cwdt setup, wich right now is occuped by BR.

In that case i would probably suggest vortex for additional "chilling ground" in case you will get hit before you start casting, or just plain "increase duration" for IC.
Also, i was about to advice you to link that vortex with bonechill for additional damage, and then i noticed that you are using fire-conversion version...
Well, then i want to advice another point - get rid of GMP in ball lightning setup, and put "combustion" there. It's additional 19% "pseudo" fire penetration, way more usefull than GMP, ball lightning will get everything curse even without it, and ES gained by hit already absurdly high too.
On the other note, why do you using corruscanting elixir with CI? :)
Last edited by Med1umentor on Jan 27, 2019, 11:24:25 AM
Welp, we're about to see if I can take on uber elder with this build. wish me luck. I have a tiny bit more es than Kelvynn did in his vid and 2140 int so I'm up a bit there. On paper I should be able to. What I lack is knowledge, this is my first attempt at the fight.

I've put 1200 more alts into a different regalia and no dice. That % int is few and far between and I was never able to get it with two good mods to attempt rolling on it another way.

sorted my reses out so now I'm really starting to wonder if I should go ahead and mulit-mod this one

edit uber elder went poorly, i probably need to work on moving more. One would attack when I had opportunity to leach on the other it seemed. I couldn't leach fast enough when attacks did come and my shield just melted away.
Last edited by teknik1200 on Jan 27, 2019, 1:48:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info