[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
Med1umentor wrote:

In that case i would probably suggest vortex for additional "chilling ground" in case you will get hit before you start casting, or just plain "increase duration" for IC.
Also, i was about to advice you to link that vortex with bonechill for additional damage, and then i noticed that you are using fire-conversion version...
Well, then i want to advice another point - get rid of GMP in ball lightning setup, and put "combustion" there. It's additional 19% "pseudo" fire penetration, way more usefull than GMP, ball lightning will get everything curse even without it, and ES gained by hit already absurdly high too.
On the other note, why do you using corruscanting elixir with CI? :)

I use it just because I like how it looks and cause I like to farm phoenix :D
Any use in using this over the 5l or should i sell it? hit that in just a handful of fuses looking to make a 5l

with icestorm not so important in clearing can i buff Winter Orb furter?

It's actually pretty nice but i still have a mana flask for bleed (it always has charges and has slow regen)
Last edited by teknik1200 on Jan 27, 2019, 7:19:42 PM
If you can manage your mana, i don't see why you wouldn't go 6link. I'm using a 4link that got a 29% area of effect corruption, quite happy with that.
Few quick questions.

1. Why nobody upgrades Immortal Call? I made it already so high but I don't understand why it seems I am the only one...
2. Where exactly to use this Vigilant strike-Ancestrall call? Why do I need to attack melee someone? I thought we are a distance build.
3. How do you normally corrupt items? Simple vaal orb or in the Temple? What is better?
"
Mighty_fist wrote:
Few quick questions.

1. Why nobody upgrades Immortal Call? I made it already so high but I don't understand why it seems I am the only one...
2. Where exactly to use this Vigilant strike-Ancestrall call? Why do I need to attack melee someone? I thought we are a distance build.
3. How do you normally corrupt items? Simple vaal orb or in the Temple? What is better?

1) Upgrade of IC depends on the level of CWDT gem, and people prefer that gem to be levelled as low as possible, so most multi-hitting physical damage triggers it. That is one of the most dangerous things to us (for example: physical spine shooters in Poorjoy's Asylum)

2) Against guardians, against shaper/elder, against rooms full of mobs, against breach monsters, against betrayal bosses, you will want to have fortify up as it effectively gives you +20% ehp :P

For me, a fortify hit lasts for 7-8 sec. That is a huge amount of time spent with reduced damage taken.
"
Mighty_fist wrote:
Few quick questions.

1. No actuall benefits in leveling it, unless you have the way to generate end charges - base duration is the same
2. It's needed to get Fortify buff in some bossfights. You are in reall close range most of the times, so hitten them with VS is not a big problem.
3. Better to corrupt in Temple for a chance to get 12% int on belt and rings, or attribs on Astra. Other things are much better being not corrupted.
"
sufferot wrote:
"
Mighty_fist wrote:
Few quick questions.

1. No actuall benefits in leveling it, unless you have the way to generate end charges - base duration is the same
2. It's needed to get Fortify buff in some bossfights. You are in reall close range most of the times, so hitten them with VS is not a big problem.
3. Better to corrupt in Temple for a chance to get 12% int on belt and rings, or attribs on Astra. Other things are much better being not corrupted.

1. Well thanks. But in the guide since he says to level CWDT to 20 to trigger golem as well that is why I also level IC. Am I doing it wrong then?
2. Where do you normally put this buttom for the strike? Left mouse button? I rarely use this skill at all to be honest....
3. What about those jewels for dex/str converting to INt? I have all of them but non is corrupted.
Last edited by Mighty_fist on Jan 28, 2019, 4:24:54 AM
Also a question. Is it a big thing to have wise oak ONLY when your resitances are all the same? Is it ok if I have two resistances the same and another one is a bit lower?

I will explain my situation. I did all res exactly the same 79% but I did not reach this note with a jewel near scion where you have to get 2 points for more resistances. Once I get them I have as follow:

Fire: 79%, Cold and Lightning: 97%.

So if it is that critical I have 3 options:

1. I can change my gear completely again to get everything settled again (complex for me though)
2. I can go to this socket by going right instead of left (so not taking the resitances but taking projectile damages)
3. I can take fire note as well there on the top so that all resistances will become 97%.

Please advise!
"
Mighty_fist wrote:

1. Well thanks. But in the guide since he says to level CWDT to 20 to trigger golem as well that is why I also level IC. Am I doing it wrong then?
2. Where do you normally put this buttom for the strike? Left mouse button? I rarely use this skill at all to be honest....
3. What about those jewels for dex/str converting to INt? I have all of them but non is corrupted.

1. It just doesn't matter, really :D
2. I have mine binded to E, and left click I use for forced moving without any attacks
3. You can vaal the, but you should have them 23-24 int before corrupting. Aim for corrupring blood immunity, silence immunity and damage (stats are IMO)

"
Mighty_fist wrote:

Also a question. Is it a big thing to have wise oak ONLY when your resitances are all the same? Is it ok if I have two resistances the same and another one is a bit lower?

I will explain my situation. I did all res exactly the same 79% but I did not reach this note with a jewel near scion where you have to get 2 points for more resistances. Once I get them I have as follow:

Fire: 79%, Cold and Lightning: 97%.

So if it is that critical I have 3 options:

1. I can change my gear completely again to get everything settled again (complex for me though)
2. I can go to this socket by going right instead of left (so not taking the resitances but taking projectile damages)
3. I can take fire note as well there on the top so that all resistances will become 97%.

Please advise!

You can run Oak as long, as your cold (fire for fire conv version) res is highest/same as highest. Having all of them the same just gives you much more damage mitigation. I would suggest you to make all resistances the same by taking fire res node.
"
Mighty_fist wrote:
"
sufferot wrote:
"
Mighty_fist wrote:
Few quick questions.

I can answer to your questions:

IC is a red gem so that means it requires a decent amount of STR at high levels. When we are using end game amulet(Shaper Amulet with % damage per INT & % increased attributes instead of Astramentis amulet) our STR and DEX values are kinda low.
IC is the gem in our setup that require the highest STR out of all red gems we use. To get it to level 20 it means you need a lot of STR compared to normal value you can reach with a Shaper amulet for example so that's why we try to keep it as low as our STR allows it (i have mine at level 12 for example)

Vigilant Strike is important in end game boss fights(Uber Elder, Delve bosses , Shaper, Red Elder, Guardians, high depth Delve, Syndicate encounters and so on) when we hit a target with it we get Fortify buff that reduce the damage we take with 20% for some seconds - normally is 10-12 seconds. But if we use The Vigil jewel in one socket in our skill tree we will get Fortify buff for 34-35 seconds when we hit a target with Vigilant Strike which is kinda insane defensive buff for a very long period.

I use my Vigilant Strike on W key but some people use it on Q key, others use it on mouse scroll and i know some that use it on left mouse button instead of walk.

Regarding corrupted Fertile Mind/Brute Force there are some implicit corrupt that are good for us like: Corruption Blood not affecting you or 3-5% increased damage or %increased effect of elemental ailments (freeze and chill in our case).

Regarding Wise Oak flask (if we use it in our setup) most important thing for us is to have Cold resistance highest to benefit from %cold penetration buff granted by flask.

Ideally is to have all 3 types of resistances equal so we can also fully benefit from % reduced damage for each type of element for which our resistance is lowest but to balance all your 3 resistances to be equal is not an easy task (even though i managed to do it :)).

I think what you should try is to have cold resistance highest (to get the cold penetration buff) and if you can and don't struggle too much, to have fire and lightning resistances equal so you get the %reduced fire and lightning damage taken.

Last edited by lilianmarius on Jan 28, 2019, 5:27:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info