[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

Thanks a lot everyone! I will stop levelling my IC then..... if it doesn't matter anyway.

But regarding the oak and resistances then the opinions separeted. Shall I keep all of them equal or it is okay then cold and lightning are 97% both (highest)? And no need to make fire (79%) also equal to 97%?

P.S. Also if somebody can suggest me regading my build - what is the next step to take? Is my gear good or something needs to be replaced? Shall I buy Might of the Meek or I need to do it only when I am 91? In that case why I should be 91 and not earlier?
If you can balance your resistances of course go for it, it's just hard to do for many people. Your choice, really.
Oh and BTW if you choose to map VS to anything except LMB, don't forget to tick "attack in place".
"
zecoratul wrote:
If you can balance your resistances of course go for it, it's just hard to do for many people. Your choice, really.
Oh and BTW if you choose to map VS to anything except LMB, don't forget to tick "attack in place".

One more time for noobies?
"
Mighty_fist wrote:
"
zecoratul wrote:

One more time for noobies?

"VS" - vigilant strike
"Map to anything except LMB" - when you put it into skill panel (left mouse click is exception)
"attack in place" - is an option, looks like additional button above available skills when you click on square of the skill panel.
If you click on that button, it makes you use that skill without moving regardless of how far your mouse is pointing (for example, if you use melee skill and pointed on far enemy, your character will first run closer to that enemy, and then attack. With activated feature, character will attack without moving, regardless of the fact if there is enemy or not)
It's usefull for movement skills, melee etc and especially usefull if vigilant strike linked with ancestral call, cause in that case it have much more range, and don't need to be exactly targeted.

is mapping space to hold you in place and holding it essentially the same as the "attack in place" option?

For those of you who are using two WI staves with the 5 link for trash clearing, how are you mana sustaining? I tried it as a test but even with my -3 cost craft on one of my rings it still wasn't enough and I ran out of mana fast. Looks I'll have to wait until I unlock a higher one which can go up as high as -9.

Btw, congrats on Lv 98 Kelvynn!
"
teknik1200 wrote:
is mapping space to hold you in place and holding it essentially the same as the "attack in place" option?

No, "Attack in place" tick, is the same as holding shift, while pressing your buttons. It makes sure your character stands in place and does the action the button does, no matter the range. It's quite pleasant for Whispering Ice, Frost Bomb, Flame Dash, Vigilant Strike. Makes sure your character aint running around like a schmuck :D
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:
For those of you who are using two WI staves with the 5 link for trash clearing, how are you mana sustaining? I tried it as a test but even with my -3 cost craft on one of my rings it still wasn't enough and I ran out of mana fast. Looks I'll have to wait until I unlock a higher one which can go up as high as -9.

Had the same issue, and did not want to put a -8/9 mana cost on ring, so just went with a 4-link. Seems to kill whites fairly frequently and it feels like a good spot for mana. I only ever run out or go close to running out during like Beachhead Encounter, and the likes, where i'm standing still channeling for like 3 minutes without breaks :)
"
Tides5 wrote:
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:

Had the same issue, and did not want to put a -8/9 mana cost on ring, so just went with a 4-link. Seems to kill whites fairly frequently and it feels like a good spot for mana. I only ever run out or go close to running out during like Beachhead Encounter, and the likes, where i'm standing still channeling for like 3 minutes without breaks :)

I have a 5-link lvl21 winter orb, and barely need a mana flask while channeling (I have one for quality of life but can also do without). But I also have about +100% mana regen rate from items (not that I was looking for this, just happens to have it on my gear right now). I don't have the veil mod -X mana cost at all, looks like Elreon doesn't want to give me jewelry.
"
Tides5 wrote:

Use the lab boots enchant for 0.6% life and mana leech if you have killed recently and you won't need any -mana cost craft on rings for a 5 link Winter Orb setup (this is what i am currently doing).
For single target you don't need 5 link WO anyways so going on a 2 link (WO-CWC) will make you not having issues with mana when killing bosses and not benefit from the enchant.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info