[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

Thank you for so hard work man!! I am gonna try this build today from the scratch but I already have some currency since it will be my second character. Do you have a leveling option for people who starts not first time maybe?:)
"
Faldrath wrote:
Sorry if this has been mentioned earlier (this thread is quite long), but regarding the jewel socket near CI, wouldn't it be better to put an Intuitive Leap there for free Essence Surge and Hex Master, instead of "simply" more Intelligence? It seems to me that it would be a better defensive choice.

Not really.
Neither Hex master, nor essence surge have major implication to the build.
We have curses, but they are almost useless on the bosses, and in map clearing monsters not even cursed most of the time, cause no blasphemy. If anything, +10 int small node would be more profit than entire "hex master" node, even without mentioning that we need to waste jewel slot.
Essence surge is pretty good only for its 30 es, recharge is almost irrelevant in leech build, especially if you use it together with blood rage.
Random cheapass abyss jewel would be already better, cause it can give you up to 50 flat es, and tons of additional bonuses if you add to price, like resistances and intelligence.
So, tl;dr, normal jewel would be better even if you could get hex master and essence surge for free. But considering that you need to pay for this 2 passive points... that's not even worth consideration
Last edited by Med1umentor on Jan 23, 2019, 9:03:09 AM
Deleted
Last edited by Med1umentor on Jan 23, 2019, 9:22:09 AM
"
Tides5 wrote:
What kinda passies are people taking after lvl 92?
I went for the Potency of Will Cluster below Witch starting area, bringing Ice Storm durations up to just shy of 8 seconds iirc. Not online on the character atm so cant doublecheck the exact duration.

End game is about stacking as much Int as possible from tree (from + Int nodes and + Int from Fertile Mind/Brute Force jewels conversions nodes) since normally flat Int gets multiplied by % increased intelligence/attributes mods you should aim for to be present on end game gear resulting in even more Int.

Int give us damage increase, ES increase(so implicit higher leech cap), higher duration for IceStorm, mana increase.

"
sufferot wrote:

I just did this. Thx Alva.

I really like this build, playing it from 2.6, or even earlier. I even remember times when there were no CwC, and we were selfcast :D

That belt corruption is very nice but it's not the best for this build. Double % intelligence and even % intelligence + % Discipline aura effect are better.

Nevertheless congrats for the corruption, is not easy to get corruption like that one for Cyclopean Coil belt!
Last edited by lilianmarius on Jan 23, 2019, 11:16:48 AM
"
Tides5 wrote:
I went for the Potency of Will Cluster below Witch starting area, bringing Ice Storm durations up to just shy of 8 seconds iirc. Not online on the character atm so cant doublecheck the exact duration.

Oops, I forgot to fill in the High Level Options part of the leveling guide. Added.
"
Ladar06 wrote:
Hello.
Great build,good job Kelvynn.I currently have Icetomb Ringmail-me 64 lvl.
I'm afraid of changes on armor int/es.Psych def armor it will be low.
Ignore stat armor def this build?

Armour doesn't do much for this build, don't worry about it.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Tides5 wrote:

Oops, I forgot to fill in the High Level Options part of the leveling guide. Added.

Another possible High level option (that worked best for by build after number crunching) is Retribution. 3 points - 30 int, 14% Damage and a tiny bit of cast speed. It also has 10 Str. That was the killer for my build, since I needed it to get all my stats in order. Just another option....
Hey Kelvynn,

I've been alt slamming to try and create better armor like you suggested and came up with this:

It has two open suffixes and one prefix, so should be good for Multimod and %Inc Attributes. I know the flat ES roll isn't all that great, but do you think this is worth multi-modding?

This is my current armor:

"
SasoriOtoko wrote:
Hey Kelvynn,

I've been alt slamming to try and create better armor like you suggested and came up with this:

It has two open suffixes and one prefix, so should be good for Multimod and %Inc Attributes. I know the flat ES roll isn't all that great, but do you think this is worth multi-modding?

This is my current armor:

Keep in mind ~52 intelligence will be equal to about 4% increased attributes.

The ES is very low; ideally you want more ES and divine as necessary to 12% increased attributes with an open suffix, then hit the 6% increased.

Also, if you're going to craft, you might as well roll for 28%+ quality using Perfect fossils initially. Then with the multimod you can craft even more quality if you have open affixes.
Last edited by Graiaule on Jan 24, 2019, 2:30:45 AM
Nevermind
Last edited by Med1umentor on Jan 24, 2019, 2:56:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info