[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
Nephentus wrote:
Its canot face tank enething even hydra, i die on hydra 5 times...

I took hydra out on my first attempt with no deaths at 1600 int and 9.5k es.
"
Tides5 wrote:
I've decided to ditch Blood Rage. Was getting me killed too often to lack of stuff to hit at critical times, resulting in me engaging new packs at ~30-50% ES lvls.
I tried phase run instead for a bit, but since it negates itself while i'm channeling, it felt rather useless. So now i just added in a molten shell to that 4link, and i realy feel like i'm dying ALOT less from stupid shit.

Lately, the only thing that kills me is Lightning Mirage that i dont notice in the cascade of ice particles clustering my screen. :D

Here is when Blood Rage will save you:
Bosses (or large mobs) that hit quickly for 50-80% of your total ES
Massive Syndicate encounters with tons of very hard hitting enemies.
Any sitauation where you are attacking and many decent sized hits come in VERY quickly.

If you aren't doing things like Uber Elder, or Shaper, or speed boosted guardians, and you have a decent ES pool. Blood rage is probably not needed.

Using blood rage all the time does often require a bit of micromanaging. I remove it for some fights, and I often flash it off (remove and replace my gloves) at the end (or even in the middle) of lots of fights. If you are living well, or not doing the content where it's needed, I agree that blood rage is optional. If you aren't using it at all, don't forget to switch up your pantheon to Solaris or Lunaris for the extra mitigation.
guys, that with reflex the to do? sometimes I die...
"
Med1umentor wrote:
Just ignore him, it's the same guy that was saying that hypothermia isn't boosting his damage at all, and "added cold damage" is superior existence with its 30% effectiveness.

He was spitting bullshit since coming into this thread, shouldn't take his rumblings seriously, really.

add cold damage beeter than hypo just try it in build... and you see..build still shit even with 1800 int... Body with 12% 5% 50 int cost about 1 mirror... only body, dont see cheaper... try to craft but its waste of time and alt..

Belt with 15% 5 % cost about 20-30 ex.... rings with corrup 5% about 10-20 ex each on market...

Its 2 mirrors .... I even dont say aboy gloves helmet and boots...

But for some stupid noobs here i can write... Boots with enchant 6% cost about 5-10 ex with 150 es...
gloves viw good es and res about 3-5 ex... Helmet with -9% 50 int and curse enfeble cost abot 5-10 ex...

Watcher eye cost most cheap 3-4 ex if we want vitality with regen or 18% from clarity its much more exp from 10 ex...

Plus 21 lvl gems... from 1-2 ex

Its almost 3 mirrors... Ahh forget about astramentis i buy for 6 ex if take good yellow amulet its cost too mcuh too...

And for exampe mana rf much more better build, or any molten strike, or double strike, mines and many over builds that cheaper and more effective.... and dont die and can face tank everything... Totems too but i never play for them... And this build need to many OP corrupted items... Its have problems with all maps with curses, even flask cant help with that... Or when boss moving this builds sucks... If boss stay on one spot so yes it can kill for 30 minutes))) All normal builds kill bosees for 1 -5 sec... and you dont need to runing around with build that must stand, i use even vaal rf but its too slow too...
Youtube(билды,гайды,стримы)-https://www.youtube.com/c/Nephentus
Twitch(стримы)-https://www.twitch.tv/lnephentus
Trovo(стримы)-https://trovo.live/s/Nephentus?roomType=1
Группа в VK(оповещения,ответы на вопросы)-https://vk.com/club190999020
Discord(оповещения)-https://discord.com/invite/PHy5Bvy
Confirmed myself that this build with decent gear can tank everything including Shaper ball barrage during Uber Elder fight taken at the same time with some other dmg skills like Elder Projectiles.

Did all the fight deathless trying not to avoid anything from Shaper(Barrage, Slam, Beam) and was leeching back the ES lost with no problem almost instantly like in the old days of pre-nerfed VP - Soul of Arakaali pantheon + Watcher's Eye 2x Discipline mods (+ES gain from hits and increase ES recovery rate) does wonders here :)

Setup for this tanky fight:

Swap HoI with Purity of Ice.
Swap Bonechill with Enlighten lv 3
Link Enlighten lv 3 to Discipline and PoI
Swap Fertile Mind below scion with The Vigil for 33 seconds of Fortify - this is huge for tanking all the "shit"
Take Soul of Yugul(fully upgraded) as minor god for less cold dmg taken.

Pots used :
2x Saphire with increased duration and 90%+ armour increased
1x Basalt
1x Quicksilver with 30% increased movement speed
1x The Wise Oak for better DPS due to cold resist being highest
ES: 14.081
INT: 2355
Shaper Average Hit ~ 26.500 (with Enfeeble)

I will try to record the fight (even if my pc is kinda shitty one) with tanking all those crazy balls and stuff in the next runs i'll do because i am confident now that can tank everything and not die at this level of gearing constantly.

Never thought at the beginning of the league that this build will be able to tank all stuff from Shaper and Elder together in the Uber Elder fight but it seems that is possible after all with some investments in levels and gear

Last edited by lilianmarius on Jan 9, 2019, 12:24:24 AM
"
Nephentus wrote:
"
Med1umentor wrote:
Just ignore him, it's the same guy that was saying that hypothermia isn't boosting his damage at all, and "added cold damage" is superior existence with its 30% effectiveness.

He was spitting bullshit since coming into this thread, shouldn't take his rumblings seriously, really.

add cold damage beeter than hypo just try it in build... and you see..build still shit even with 1800 int... Body with 12% 5% 50 int cost about 1 mirror... only body, dont see cheaper... try to craft but its waste of time and alt..

Belt with 15% 5 % cost about 20-30 ex.... rings with corrup 5% about 10-20 ex each on market...

Its 2 mirrors .... I even dont say aboy gloves helmet and boots...

But for some stupid noobs here i can write... Boots with enchant 6% cost about 5-10 ex with 150 es...
gloves viw good es and res about 3-5 ex... Helmet with -9% 50 int and curse enfeble cost abot 5-10 ex...

Watcher eye cost most cheap 3-4 ex if we want vitality with regen or 18% from clarity its much more exp from 10 ex...

Its almost 3 mirrors... Ahh forget about astramentis i buy for 6 ex if take good yellow amulet its cost too mcuh too...

And for exampe mana rf much more better build, or any molten strike, or double strike, mines and many over builds that cheaper and more effective.... and dont die and can face tank everything... Totems too but i never play for them... And this build need to many OP corrupted items... Its have problems with all maps with curses, even flask cant help with that... Or when boss moving this builds sucks... If boss stay on one spot so yes it can kill for 30 minutes))) All normal builds kill bosees for 1 -5 sec... and you dont need to runing around with build that must stand, i use even vaal rf but its too slow too...

Did google translate also add stupid to your post?
"
Nephentus wrote:
Body with 12% 5% 50 int cost about 1 mirror... only body, dont see cheaper... try to craft but its waste of time and alt..

Not worth that imo... for .5% of the pricetag you can get 80% of that chest usefulness.

Before we get into anything about your character.. Lets look at what you said.
Will try to help you but it's time for a wake up call.

"
Nephentus wrote:

ex.... ex each on market...
mirrors ....
ex with 150 es...
ex...
mirrors ....
ex with 150 es...
ex...
mirrors ....
ex with 150 es...
ex...
And this build need to many OP corrupted items...

Some people dont know how to price and they think pre delve and incursion or are simply new to crafting and think that crafting a mirror gear imply making 400% profit on each trash they craft. Crafting never work like that and this is why I never seen so many 'always online, never sold in 15-30 days'

They price things and the item just dont sell. Some even see a confused man with his 3 useful mod filled with 3 other crap ring and think its worth 5 ex even if you cant add a 4th useful mod via craft.

It's just like when Doctor was 7.2 and some weirdo try to sell Nurse cards for 1ex. 8 ex for a 7.2 ex card ? wth right... Use Live Search...

Some people also do not know how to buy...

The items that DO sell arnt there for long. Items you see without live search are the ones that DONT SELL!
There are enough people making that build that I can tell you right now that I won some pm war vs some here and lost some to the SAME PPL!! I dont need to know if its true. It is a fact. Ppl that get right priced gears simply use Live Search.

Spoiler
Live Search.Live Search.Live Search.Live Search.Live Search.Live Search.Live Search.Live Search.Live Search.Live Search.Live Search.Live Search.Live Search.Live Search.Live Search.Live Search.Live Search.Live Search.Live Search.Live Search.Live Search.Live Search.Live Search.Live Search.Live Search.Live Search.Live Search.Live Search.Live Search.Live Search.Live Search.Live Search.Live Search.Live Search.Live Search.Live
For The Win

proof

50c

12c

60c

3.5 ex

20c

46c

Free(Self found)

15c

1 alch

I have 10.7k es

Wait... My whole suit is about the same price as my watcher. Nice! Didnt know I had the mirror gears!

"
Nephentus wrote:

Its have problems with all maps with curses, even flask cant help with that...

Excuse me ?

"
Nephentus wrote:

Wait what ??? vitality regen on a vaal pact build ?
18% of mana as ES on a build that doesnt have that much mana ?
I think you are confused about what you are playing and that is your downfall.

21 gems ? Well, why is your swap staff empty ? Level extras! I sure hope you get some 21 or at least 23. Maybe even sell some 20/20 corrupted for cheap.. Help you pay for those 21/20 gems...

Now, for your build. Sorry if it feel slow but it's kinda terrible what you did.

Flasks:
1. No quicksilver
2. No Sulphur
3. Poison flask ??? You Are Chaos Immune
'Poison is an ailment that deals chaos damage over time to the affected' target.

Gems: Have you looked at them ?
You self cast golems from unset rings instead of CWDT setup. You are missing ton of cast time/dodging time to keep them up.

Where is blind ?

Phase run ?No quicksilver? Sure.. It end as soon as you do something making you slow again.

No flame dash ?

Tree:
You used a Scion tree and then slapped a Occultist part on it or something ??

you dont get snowforged which give you cold dmg and crit, but use those points on Storm Reaver.

You have a brute force solution with 'incease AoE'. Thats bad. It make hit box bigger and generate less hits when it matter.

I could go on with the tree but will end that part with this:
By slapping a occultist tree on a Scion and making some weird changes. You effectivly negated the fact that Scion Does Not Get 250 Flat ES from Ascendency.

7.8k ES ? Yeah, I have 10.7k. Start asking yourself questions. You saw my gears too..

At this point I cant help but wonder... Do you try to kill bosses using spell cascade???

Last edited by petitcrabe1 on Jan 9, 2019, 1:09:06 AM
"
lilianmarius wrote:
(+ES gain from hits and increase ES recovery rate) does wonders here :)

This makes me almost wish I would have held onto mine for this fight. Pretty happy with the extra damage gem from the Vitality watchers eye that I landed on. Even if it means I need to dodge sometimes.. *sigh*

Gratz on the Uber Elder tank kill! Fun stuff, I just spawned an Uber Elder and I'll see if I can't replicate this (sans 30% increased recovery rate gem)
"
Breken wrote:
"
lilianmarius wrote:
(+ES gain from hits and increase ES recovery rate) does wonders here :)

This makes me almost wish I would have held onto mine for this fight. Pretty happy with the extra damage gem from the Vitality watchers eye that I landed on. Even if it means I need to dodge sometimes.. *sigh*

Gratz on the Uber Elder tank kill! Fun stuff, I just spawned an Uber Elder and I'll see if I can't replicate this (sans 30% increased recovery rate gem)

I was also using leech from Vitality previous 2 leagues for the Ascendant fire version and the Damage values went sky high. I had Average Shaper hit last league around 52k with leech from Vitality which is double the value of actual Shaper Average hit without Vitality leech.

Is ok but for Uber Elder and Aul for example to make your life way easyer you need PoI and this can't be inserted in a setup with Vitality even with Enlighten 4 maybe only if you drop AA then can be socketed.

In both Uber Elder and Aul fights (prolly hardest fights in this game) there is a lot of cold damage and physical damage dealt by bosses.

PoI + The Vigil jewel (for 33 seconds Fortify) + AA + Watcher's Eye with those 2 mods (ES gain on hit + ES recovery rate increased) + Soul of Yugul + 2-3 Sapphire flasks + Soul of Arakaali will allow you to tank everything in the Uber Elder fight this obviously with high ES pool and decent damage to sustain the leech.

For everything else, yes, Vitality leech that allows you another DPS gem in bosses stuff instead of LL is probably the best option but for extreme damage mitigation setup it is not.

Best in slot Watcher's Eye in my opinion is the one with those 2 Discipline modes above + Maximum ES gained as % from mana while using Clarity but this one prolly costs 1 or 2 kidneys!

Can get to 16k-16.5K ES with it but prolly will never be able to afford one unless I drop it myself!
Last edited by lilianmarius on Jan 9, 2019, 2:01:32 AM
"
Nephentus wrote:
"
Med1umentor wrote:

add cold damage beeter than hypo just try it in build...

As I said before, added cold damage may be good for clear speed because you linked it to Winter orb, so Winter orb will trigger herald of ice explosions more often... but it's TERRIBLE for single target. You basically lose one link on Icestorm.
Last edited by AsbelFar on Jan 9, 2019, 5:06:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info