[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
AsbelFar wrote:

As I said before, added cold damage may be good for clear speed because you linked it to Winter orb, so Winter orb will trigger herald of ice explosions more often... but it's TERRIBLE for single target. You basically lose one link on Icestorm.

I have tested all combinations for 5L Winter Orb: WO-CWC-GMP-Controlled Destruction + one of these 3 gems:

Hypotermia
Added Cold Damage
Cold Penetration

in maps with different mods, incursions and in Delve from 300 to 600 depth and I can say that you are right!

If mobs are destroyed by 1 cast of WO, Added cold damage is better.

If mobs have bigger life and can't be 1 shoted by WO Hypotermia is better.

If map has resistance mod Cold Pen is better as 5th slot for WO.

This can be easy seen in mines where areas may vary from easy ones with no mods to very difficult ones with bad mods including increased life and elemental resistance for mobs.
"
Nephentus wrote:

And for exampe mana rf much more better build, or any molten strike, or double strike, mines and many over builds that cheaper and more effective.... and dont die and can face tank everything... Totems too but i never play for them... And this build need to many OP corrupted items... Its have problems with all maps with curses, even flask cant help with that... Or when boss moving this builds sucks... If boss stay on one spot so yes it can kill for 30 minutes))) All normal builds kill bosees for 1 -5 sec... and you dont need to runing around with build that must stand, i use even vaal rf but its too slow too...

Just look at my scion at BSC and look at gear - 2 days ago killed shaper and died just once (because I decided to test can I facetank all of fight, but double barrage + vortex explosion said me otherwise). 0 beneficial corruption, still even non-shaper vaal regalia, all es gear is crafted and costed 500c total rolls (dense+scorched+frigid, helmet is dense+frigid+prismatic, that cost because bulk trades and tried to get ms on boots), jewellery is ~40c... 700k dps on stationary targets, but even on syndicate boss my current dps was kinda enough to kill her.
Update:

I finally found some time to update the guide based on my experience in this league.

New video: Uber Elder

Finally got to him, and it went better than I expected. Deathless on the first try, and I'm not even fully geared yet. As I suspected, this version of the build can facetank everything in that fight (thanks @lilianmarius for confirming it!). But I need better gear for that, and I really didn't feel like taking any risks at lv 95.5. So I ate one barrage at the start as a test and then went with the safe tactics.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jan 10, 2019, 6:09:12 AM
Hello guys!

Thanks for the build i've really enjoyed/ing it!

I want to know your advice on what i should invest/improve, now i have 550chaos and wondering how to spend it.

A watcher's eye is probably the best to get, im right?

Thanks in advance!
"
Verofabio wrote:
Hello guys!

Thanks for the build i've really enjoyed/ing it!

I want to know your advice on what i should invest/improve, now i have 550chaos and wondering how to spend it.

A watcher's eye is probably the best to get, im right?

Thanks in advance!

Once you have semi-decent rares covering the basics (Astra; 40+ Int and whatever ES for 10-20c budget on each rare; boots with 25 ms or better; all resists maxed; two 6S staves), I would start saving up for the Watcher's Eye.
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Once you have semi-decent rares covering the basics (Astra; 40+ Int and whatever ES for 10-20c budget on each rare; boots with 25 ms or better; all resists maxed; two 6S staves), I would start saving up for the Watcher's Eye.

Thanks, like i thought so! Yeah with semidecent rare im done i think, i have also corrupted cyclopean and rings (cyclopean and one ring made by myself without spending too much)... i focus on that instead of a watcher's first beacause i never corrupted thing by myself and i wanted to try!

Guys, is GMP supporting icestorm? I wanted to try a Storm Burst version, and if that's the case the dps should increase by alot, since the proj aoe overlaps on monsters
"
Snolaz wrote:
Guys, is GMP supporting icestorm? I wanted to try a Storm Burst version, and if that's the case the dps should increase by alot, since the proj aoe overlaps on monsters

No it's not. It's supporting winter orb.

Icestorm is not a projectile spell
"
AsbelFar wrote:
"
Snolaz wrote:

Then it's very strange that poe.ninja thinks it's supporting icestorm also
"
Snolaz wrote:
"
AsbelFar wrote:
"
Snolaz wrote:

Then it's very strange that poe.ninja thinks it's supporting icestorm also

poe.ninja just sees Icestorm being linked with GMP, it has no capacity to understand why (ie to augment Winter's Orb in a clear speed setup).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info