[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
Nephentus wrote:
"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
Nephentus wrote:
Play a while with this build and i can say that it sucks... Its canot face tank enething even hydra, i die on hydra 5 times... its dont have dps with 1700 int its dont have tank ability even with watcher eye... You just lie about this build... too slow for farming, too low dps even with 1700 int, and iam sure 2400 int dont make a big difference... You cant run any mods with maps like curses, or elements somthing, too many problems with this builds, make good armor wint int % cost a billion dollars, and for what to die on t 16 maps?... Why you lie what it face tank everything its a bullshit... Any over build farm more quickly more dps more tank, and dont have so much problems... I dont recomended to some one make this build in any versiona scion or fire o cold, its just waste of time... It can kill somthin only on 2500 int, and it will cost you about 2-3 mirrors...And for what? for slow farming?

Why i believe that it can face tank somthing i dont know... Fat minus to creator ot the build, never will make his builds...

I cant agree with you at all! This build can face tank almost everything in the game starting with Shaper Slam + Beam + ball barrage (with this Occultist version), T15 Elder Rising slam, Minotaur Burrow and Slam, Phoenix Firebomb, Uber Atziri Flameblast, etc. just to name some of the most deadly attacks in the game from end game bosses.

Hydra is one of the easiest guardians with this cold occultist version imune to chill land freeze, i'll show you a screen from one of the countless deadly Hydras i have done with no issue at all by face tank her.
- max resists together with other bad mods and i am not using PoI or any Sapphire flasks :)

Also there are several clips on Youtube posted by creator of this build (Kelvynn - just check his Youtube channel please) in which he face tank and face roll almost all deadly map combos and end game bosses(bad mods Shaper Guardians, Shaper, Uber Elder, Uber Atziri , 500+ depth Aul etc.) with several iterations of this build starting from 2.2 if i remember correctly. Just check those than come and say this build is shit.

Maybe you are just doing something really wrong with gearing and skill tree (yes, 1700 int is kinda on the lower side especially for Ascendant version but even with that "low" intelligence you should have almost no problem with killing T16 guardians) or maybe this build play style is not for you but saying that this build is shit is kinda lame.

Related to other things this is how you get ~15K sulphite from 1x T16 map(you can see also the mods, lately in order to farm sulphite efficiently i only do "rippy" T16 maps with 110+ quantity and i enjoy it):

I see that this build is peace of shit cause in 1700 int its dont have dps and it can die with one shoot form hydra... I dont need this build to have one shoots from t 16... Where its good build? In what place? with 2400 int for 3 miroros? No ty i make build for a few ex that can kill everything and dont die at all... Its too expensive build and dont have a future to make more dps, sad that i see it only now, cause few days ago i think its hve potential...

Lol, when I started with this build, I tried mino and phoenix just for fun, didn't even have uber lab done and I was lvl 75, still able to facetank both. No idea what you are yelling about.

" I only pay few exalts that can kill everything and don't die at all "

Then go back to playing your arc totems or traps.
This kid is trolling ... pay the child no mind.
Just ignore him, it's the same guy that was saying that hypothermia isn't boosting his damage at all, and "added cold damage" is superior existence with its 30% effectiveness.

He was spitting bullshit since coming into this thread, shouldn't take his rumblings seriously, really.
Is anyone using the crafted mod " % increased damage while leeching" on their gloves? I added it to try it but I can't say I notice a difference. Wondering if anyone has tested it and has seen it working and if it's worthwhile.

Also, opinions on using Saqawal's Nest body armor instead of a pure energy shield armor?

Thanks!
"
Drumheller wrote:
Is anyone using the crafted mod " % increased damage while leeching" on their gloves? I added it to try it but I can't say I notice a difference. Wondering if anyone has tested it and has seen it working and if it's worthwhile.

That mod only really works for Slayer / Slayer Ascendant - Blood Rage degen isn't enough damage taken to maintain high uptime on "while leeching", only overleech can really do that.

"
Drumheller wrote:
Also, opinions on using Saqawal's Nest body armor instead of a pure energy shield armor?

My chest isn't nearly on the level of a lot of folks in this thread, and dropping a perfectly rolled Saqawal's into PoB: -2224 ES, -1.2% damage per hit, -3% Icestorm duration.
Averaging out Aspect of the Avian, 50% uptime, 10% chance to deal double damage, net +5% DPS.

Net effect: -2224 ES, no significant change in DPS.

And a perfect +attributes roll on a Saqawal's is about the same price as a decent ES chest... doesn't seem like it's worth it to me.

EDIT: Forgot to make the +ES on Saqawal's perfect too... 2224 ES lost, not 2300 ;)
Last edited by vector84 on Jan 7, 2019, 10:08:32 PM
Thank you!

I noticed a big drop in DPS going to my ES chest piece from Saqawal's but I also don't have much currency to spend so that wasn't a great piece I bought.

Your input, vector84, was very helpful!
"
Drumheller wrote:
I noticed a big drop in DPS going to my ES chest piece from Saqawal's but I also don't have much currency to spend so that wasn't a great piece I bought.

So I can't see your chest, unfortunately, but a tip for working on a budget... look for something with a decent Int roll, as well as an open suffix to craft 6% increased attributes... even like 400 ES base would be plenty to significantly out-perform Saqawal's, and you should be able to get something like that for around 1-2 chaos (or something 500ish ES for around 10 chaos, still under the cost of a Saqawal's).
Last edited by vector84 on Jan 8, 2019, 3:38:36 AM
Hello again,
after i finished lvl 100 i started the "yolo" phase, so i updated my grear for more lulz n shiet
Spoiler

as i said i like moar deeps so i went for 6l vortex(lul) and throw away blind and moved cwdt with frostbite/enfeeble into boots, since everything die so fast i didnt noticed any change :) even on depth 500 where i currently progress challenge to floor 600.
Important thing is, its all based on 2 watcher's eye rows - #ES gain for each enemy hit and most imporantly 1.4% leech while affected by vitality, so all my spells leech, W Orb, icestorm, vortex and with procced bloodrage my ES wont drop for even a bit i can facetank shapur beam and ice spears together on uber, only shapur balls can hurt me cuz its meny big burst.
Con is i lost socket space sooo i have flame dash in ring

ofc it cost me potential corruption with moar %int but w/e
i dont use vigilant strike at all cuz ...you know everything melts, even uber oldar or aul, so i just dont need it.
In main weapon for mapping i use GCP + cascade and for bosses switch for obvious conc effect + cold pene.
However biggest suprise for me are the gloves, "# % increased damgur with hits againts chilled enemies" even tho i lost spell dmg implicit and some int, my damgur went up more than i expected. I might do some videos from endgame, but i managed to down uber oldar around 3 min mark, Shaper is switched instantly when i precast my 9sec icestorm in his animation, same goes for guardinas etc.
Last edited by Horroren1 on Jan 8, 2019, 5:27:57 AM
"
Med1umentor wrote:
Just ignore him, it's the same guy that was saying that hypothermia isn't boosting his damage at all, and "added cold damage" is superior existence with its 30% effectiveness.

He was spitting bullshit since coming into this thread, shouldn't take his rumblings seriously, really.

Ye - even I while playing cold asc version w/o watcher eye and with ~1600 int hadnt problem with facetanking minus some easy dodgeable stuff.
I've decided to ditch Blood Rage. Was getting me killed too often to lack of stuff to hit at critical times, resulting in me engaging new packs at ~30-50% ES lvls.
I tried phase run instead for a bit, but since it negates itself while i'm channeling, it felt rather useless. So now i just added in a molten shell to that 4link, and i realy feel like i'm dying ALOT less from stupid shit.

Lately, the only thing that kills me is Lightning Mirage that i dont notice in the cascade of ice particles clustering my screen. :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info