[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

I know more or less what I will do, I have only one question. How important are the options from Watcher's Eye. A bonus from Clarity with this amount of mana seems amazing but considering the number of hits we have how important is ES on hit from Watcher's Eye? Two options at the same time are colossal costs, certainly not for the beginning, a question that should be looked for first, which has a higher priority?
ES on hit is the most important mod
This league went so good for me so i finally managed to hit also level 100 for the third time (made 70% from it with Pure Chayula and Pure Uul Netol runs though).

Getting the last skill point from the tree opened some new tree reconfiguration and after i changed my Three Rat talisman with a OP Shaper Amulet with Aspect of The Spider, changed my helm, exalted my gloves with cold resistance :), enchanted my boots with cold damage if you have been hit recently and divined the chest a bit i managed to get here:

Also why is Aspect of the Spider very good? It slow the mobs for 30% (mini Temporal Chains) and gives almost instant 15% more damage with 3 stacks of webs. So i managed to make free spot for it in my aura setup with an Enlighten 4 and Sovereignity cluster.

Also dropped the CWDT (lv 20) gem, useless, since i don't use anymore Chaos Golem and now i have in my helm the following setup:

Vigilant Strike - Blood Rage lv 1 - Clarity - Vaal Righthouse Fire

For Uber Elder i only switch Blood Rage with Faster Attack to enhance Vigilant Strike and i am not using anymore Purity of Ice because with my ES value and more important due to high damage output, Uber Elder dies in 2 - 2.30 minutes some phases being almost inst-phased if both boss are near each other.

Also the damage is so big (raw damage combined with 8.7 seconds of IceStorm duration) that i can always skip Chimera fog phase with some precasts in center of the room before he re-appears after killing the mobs phase. And on top of it Phoenix most of the time only cast 1 x whirlwind skill, he is dead before he even cast his first explosion skill :)

Video of the Chimera insta-phasing:

Avoiding smoke phase in T16 Pit of The Chimera

Regarding legion clearing, i can kill now almost all the time all boxes and symbols mobs in bad mods T16s, sometimes i can even clear the entire encounter if mobs are not spread on a large area.To this a big contribution it brings Blood Rage which i only use for those 3x Frenzy Charges (12% cast speed/12% attack speed/12% MORE damage)+ increased global attack speed from quality. The degen of BloodRage is easy annulled by ES regen and since i don't do No regen maps (no mana leech enchant on boots) i have no issues with its physical degen.

And the cherry on the cake, PoB shows the highest value i have ever seen for Average Shaper hit (single target setup) : 75.600 (no frenzy Charges, no Vaal RighthouseFire , no flasks taken in consideration)

Now if you ask me if i ever thought of getting this huge damage without sacrificing defenses i would say you were crazy back in time :)

PoB Pastebin link for those interested to see the setup :

https://pastebin.com/P80XNeUN

So in the end, as i said at the start of the league Kelvynn's Whispering Ice build is just an example of such a great build, it wont "die" unless they remove the staff from the game, even with all the indirect nerfs that hit it, build still rocks and clear the entire content as Kelvynn's always stated in his build description, you just need to adapt it a bit to the realities of current times.

Last edited by lilianmarius on Jul 19, 2019, 9:28:43 AM
lilianmarius & NoImagination, are you folks not following the method provided in the first/second post to make the body armour ( 6% and 12% one ) because you folks are not using the multi crafted mods....so which method you are following to create those Armour?
Last edited by gruumine on Jul 19, 2019, 5:00:19 PM
"
gruumine wrote:
lilianmarius & NoImagination, are you folks not following the method provided in the first/second post to make the body armour ( 6% and 12% one ) because you folks are not using the multi crafted mods....so which method you are following to create those Armour?

The guide to craft the armor is ok, i was just lucky and found mine for few exalts(4 or 5 if i remember right) back in time on trade with hybrid quality/int suffix instead of the %attributes, i removed that and crafted % attributes.

SO why bother trying to craft one with alt spamming/regal/annul/multimod when i could get a better one for such low price!
Last edited by lilianmarius on Jul 19, 2019, 7:52:46 PM
Yup. I burnt hundreds of alts trying to even get the rolls. I gave up and just bought armor already at 10% and used a beast to divine it to 12%.

At least I 6L'd mine with 5 fusings -- kind of made up for the failed alts. Was also my first ever crafted 6L in the two years I've played POE.

It also only cost 1ex, so that's a win.

Last edited by Graiaule on Jul 19, 2019, 8:18:33 PM
"
gruumine wrote:

I made one:

"
NoImagination wrote:

This took 2200 alts, I haven't done the maths but I think this is closer to the EV than the 800 Kelvynn talked about.

But then I found a better one on the market a week or two later, exalted to hit the fire resist, and corrupted it to 30% quality.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jul 20, 2019, 2:00:48 AM
Feels bad when (sometimes) 2.5k int, 10k ES is not enough to not get 1 shot by legion monsters (non boss staff)....
How can you not love Aul one of the most challennging and rewarding boss fights in Path of Exile ?

Depth 515 Aul - Wrath amulet (20 ex)

Depth 433 Aul- Grace amulet (sold for 8 ex)

Money raining from Dvelve like no other :)

Last edited by lilianmarius on Jul 22, 2019, 6:09:31 PM
"
gruumine wrote:
Feels bad when (sometimes) 2.5k int, 10k ES is not enough to not get 1 shot by legion monsters (non boss staff)....

Yeah. I've noticed that happens most often when I'm not moving around and nearly all of the other Legion mobs are dead (thus I'm not getting +ES on hit.)

Cyclone forever!
Last edited by Graiaule on Jul 23, 2019, 12:59:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info