Balance Changes in Path of Exile: Betrayal

"
morigol wrote:
"
Skoobz_AUS wrote:
Good to see the PoE community is just as toxic as any other.

Wait for the bloody patch notes before you get your panties all in a knot.

>Calls a normal discussion and a exchange of ideas "toxic".

Go back to Reddit.

an* exchange.

If these rage posts based on limited information are normal discussion to you, I’d suggest some English comprehension to go with your English grammar studies.
"
I don't really understand you people who play the same builds over and over. The glory of PoE is build diversity yet the people mad at this announcement are upset that their favourite build is temporarily weakened.

The are a litany of builds and a great many new ones are created every league. I'm not going to say that people are playing the game wrong, each to their own. But if playing the same build league after league is your goal, you're going to be upset at every change that affects that singular build over and over.
edit: I just looked at this guy's characters, you play Sunder with a Prismatic Eclipse.. that's your cause to be distressed about this change? I hope GGG doesn't listen to people like you, to be frank.

If anyone wants to be annoyed at something, this isn't it. Be annoyed at the 3 new ailments when the ailment system's current implementation is so poor and underpowered.

You don't have to understand "you people".

Games are for enjoyment. You find enjoyment with one play style... I find it in another. I see you've been playing since 2015... I've been playing since the day after open Beta release.

Yes, go a head laugh at me, my go to league starter is sunder jugg with Prismatic Elcipse in the off-hand. For an old slow guy like myself, this the only inexpensive endgame viable set-up I've found that reliable allows me to farm to be able to buy gear for the ridiculous expensive set-ups that are meta end-game viable for leagues. So take away my ability to make currency enough to try the Meta build de jour, takes away my enjoyment of the game. A fact of life.

GGG has already gotten two to three thousand of dollars my household over the 5 (almost 6) years I and my wife have played but that doesn't make the future of GGG... its younger folks. There's younger folks playing sunder jugg who put my build to shame. IF you want to pick on me for that too, so be it. GGG thinks this is the right move, it's all good.... it means I've probably been playing this game too long.

GGG does a great job at providing new content... some good, some bad. I've been a defender of GGG for that reason. While I'm not particularly keene on this release and been losing interest in this game because red tier map drop rates have not been sustainable for me, does not give you right to call me "you people" or to laugh at my build.

Do I think for moment that GGG is going to listen to the likes of me, you're wrong. As Chris has said, GGG does what it thinks PoE needs now. If that no longer includes really old guy like me, that's fine. In fact, it's all good. I play because I enjoy it. It's fun to mindless kill things after I've worked all day. And it's also fun to theory craft builds.... I'm still trying to make viable witch physical wander.

When the enjoyment is gone, it's time to move on.... which was the intent of my original post... I think, it's time for me to move and after almost 6 years of playing, I didn't want to with out saying a word first. /rant
"
Ziiyo wrote:
Nah - tomorrow you will see that all the salt will be wasted.

Tomorrow we will see physical spells and casters somehow not able to utalise stat sticks like melee.

GGG would not fuck up stat sticks for melee and then leave it wide open for casters, they are not that stupid.

I am sure they will change the tags on stuff like BV or GC to make it fall inline with the current nerf to stat sticks.

- watch this space!

that would be so funny, but it would also be a huge oversight on their part, I mean if that happen... seriously... lmao

every time there's a new league and changes are made for "balance" I can't wait to read the posts and see which players are totally losing their shit. yes, a lot of my builds have been nerfed over the years and I'm not always happy, but I mean....well, shit......there's always a new build to try out and there's still a lot in the game that's worthwhile & keeps me interested. I may not be laughing tomorrow when the patch notes come out and I see the actual details of all the nerfs & buffs, but I'll survive and I guess so will you. so lighten up folks and let's see what shakes out tomorrow. My guess is that, come what may, there's gonna be a good time had by all in Betrayal. except for a few missteps, the devs have been doing a pretty damn good job. or would you care to play some more of Blizz-Vision's shit??
Ok I think this is really stupid ass idea to break stat sticks like that their is Two unique's in the game you literally just broke Rigwald's savagery and Rigwald's command those two together are a set, and now since you have to duel wield the same type of weapons together you broke both of those unique's you all better change the stats of those unique's b/c this is really a super dumb decision.
"
Badfox14 wrote:
every time there's a new league and changes are made for "balance" I can't wait to read the posts and see which players are totally losing their shit. yes, a lot of my builds have been nerfed over the years and I'm not always happy, but I mean....well, shit......there's always a new build to try out and there's still a lot in the game that's worthwhile & keeps me interested. I may not be laughing tomorrow when the patch notes come out and I see the actual details of all the nerfs & buffs, but I'll survive and I guess so will you. so lighten up folks and let's see what shakes out tomorrow. My guess is that, come what may, there's gonna be a good time had by all in Betrayal. except for a few missteps, the devs have been doing a pretty damn good job. or would you care to play some more of Blizz-Vision's shit??

When Beastiary came out, the forums was covered in posts of "disappointment".

I thought they were excessive and overblown, but not without truth.

Betrayal was the first league I was actually eager to see, but the patch notes killed that notion fast. It's not that I can't adapt. It's the long term effects that a lot of the changes had - particularly with nerfs that affect all items.

I understand the constant need for minor nerfs, but as there are already plenty of uniques that aren't worth selling, its never pleasing to see more be relegated to that status.
Yep, totally over league play.
Its just about Balance.

Delve was really fun and great League.
The next one should and must be different.
So...

Not surprised xD
Previously when I was still on hype I were constantly sharing stuff about PoE on my Facebook wall, and write stuff about it on the RPG forums.
This thing have passed. The ugly reality is that this game lack stability for the peoples which play STANDARD/HARDCORE. This is the thing which is eating it from inside.
Anyway - I am 100% hype free nowdays from anything. Thanks PoE.
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
Fossil and Resonator Stash tab pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Ugly change for stats stick ....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info