3.4.5c Redeployment Notes

Really glad you're trying to clean this up. Good luck.
Ty for the transparency!
Keep up the good work!
Thank you for addressing the issue.
update user_table set password = '1' #where userid='113'
People that use databases might relate to this.

or

delete from user_stash #where userid = '420'

good thing there are backups being made on a daily basis
One's demise is always one's own making.
HOLLY FUCK
thank you for the fast resolve, had some panic, if it would have happened to my characters, but all is in place and I believe that you fixed it.
Cannot understand people messing around with others players characters, because if it would have happened to them, big crying.
We all play same game, no need to steal, just ask friendly and there is a lot of help in the community. Okay noone will give me a free HH, but to steal one by accident is cheap and lame.
"
fritz_dreck wrote:
As always: transparent and well measured... and kudos for admitting the f**k up.

"
bonemash wrote:
you banned people for accessing other people's accounts because the game let them do that?

what a clown show, embarrassing company

.... err... no. They banned pepole not for accessing (would have been 417 iirc) but for abusing this situation.

I mean: Should someone go unpunished after vandalising your flat just because you forgot to lock?

He is the kind of guy when someone slap his face, he give his other cheek to be slapped.
ITEM RESTORATION

I FORGIVE GGG FOR EVERYTHING

(I didn't lose anything btw but I'm so ridiculously fucking happy with this response)
It was a lot worse than 1 out of 100 being scummy enough to try something and stupid enough to not realize that logs would bust them after the fact.

"
417 players had their accounts accessed by another user. Of those, only 150 actually tried to log into a character. Most of these either logged out within a few seconds or were kicked off as the owner logged in again immediately.

Most of the people who were logged into an incorrect account either realized the problem and disconnected themselves, or were booted out almost immediately by the correct owner making another login attempt. Although GGG only explicitly stated this for people who logged into a specific character, a double login boots the first connection out at the character selection screen too. (You can test this yourself with either 2 PCs, or by logging in via the stand alone and steam clients.)

That means it's probably 4 scumbags out of a few dozen players; and that's really depressing.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info