3.4.5c Redeployment Notes

Holy crap!
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
"
Completed 35 Challengesbonemash wrote:
"
Completed 26 ChallengesVitaminbooya wrote:
blah blah Et Al.

so u think if someone spends a lot of money on the game, in say, a short period of time, and gets banned for no good reason within a reasonable time frame following those purchases, that they are not entitled to compensation? people spend MTX on the game because there is a presumption that they would get to experience the full measure of the effects of that MTX thru stuff like virtual items. A denial of that is a typical 'non delivery of products & services' and if for some stupid reason, it ever gets to the point where it becomes a legal concern, then any legal mind will rule in favor of the plaintiff.

what i think happened is that the people who got banned were just unfortunate enough to legally scam a few whales, and they themselves were either non paying customers or customers who did not invest a significant amount of money into the game. personally i find the whole debacle a bit trivial and GGG in their infinite wisdom (of lack thereof) should have been able to revert all transactions and resolve the matter without having to resort to banning 4 people. these people will probably never spend any money on the game ever again, nor play it for that matter--and they will spread the word of their negative experience to their friends.

Just ban him, GGG.
Thanks for the heads-up.
"
Completed 24 ChallengesKross0m wrote:

Just ban him, GGG.

I don't think that's how it works.

But in general, yeah, defending the people who knowingly took advantage of this situation should raise a few eyebrows.
I do think that if someone spends money very shortly before being banned that its probably proper to refund it, though if for some reason its difficult to do so, then I can understand not bothering.
I've decided based on the handling of this issue, I'm going to buy the next top-tier supporter pack as soon as it becomes available. People can screenshot this or whatever if they feel like holding me accountable.

The mishandling of the item deletion bug 3.5 years ago literally made me quit the game for a year over how frustrated I was with GGG (I didn't lose items back then, either, to be clear), but the fact that you learned from your mistakes is the biggest deal ever to me. I was already pessimistically looking forward to a mediocre resolution. But you deserve to be rewarded for this.

Edit: I got the crucible pack, for $480. Worth every penny. Thank you, GGG.
Last edited by codetaku on Dec 20, 2018, 7:20:22 PM
"
Completed 37 Challengespr13st wrote:
Only 4 out of 400? Faith in community restored.

While it was good that it was only 4, I'm skeptical to accept that those were the only bad eggs. Were other players not immediately kicked off when the proper owner logged in you can bet that number would have been higher.

"
Completed 14 ChallengesWSLaFleur wrote:
It's the associated friends that blow my mind. Can you imagine getting a message from your pal like, "hey, there's a bug, I just got logged into another user's account. Help me steal shit!" and then, instead of telling said pal to fuck off, you agree to help? What the actual fuck.

Shit likes to stick together.
Last edited by Bioness on Nov 28, 2018, 9:57:11 AM
"
you banned people for accessing other people's accounts because the game let them do that?

what a clown show, embarrassing company

This was probably answered already, but no - they banned people who accessed someones account, logged into a character, and maliciously traded their gear away.
"
you banned people for accessing other people's accounts because the game let them do that?

And here's one of the four. Where's the other three?
"
Completed 23 Challengesfiyawerx wrote:
"

This was probably answered already, but no - they banned people who accessed someones account, logged into a character, and maliciously traded their gear away.

Some people always will try to take advantage of what is given to them, that's on GGG not on the people who did it.

Though i agree that some punishment is justified, a permaban seems a bit harsh, especially if those people spend actual money on the game.
Last edited by tirrorex on Nov 28, 2018, 11:02:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info