[3.6] Immortal Blade Flurry Assassin - Face-tank All Content - [CAN BE DONE ON BUDGET!] - 1 MIL+ DPS

Hi, first time playing this game and I follow your build.

Here is my character: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/aka2411/characters

Can you give me some advise on how to setup the auras if I have no enlighten gems or have the amulet for free haste? I do feel the lack of dps and sometime get 1 shotted ;(
Thanks
"
SquishyNewt wrote:
I can't afford the enlightened setup, and it'll take forever to level, however i find that an alternative is to grab 12% less mana reserved from the tree (charisma) at the cost of 4 skill points. Thoughts on that? Lets me add wrath with a single level 2 enlighten.

This build can be easily customized to your own liking. I am really just providing the main shell. Whatever fancies you or what you might currently need can be totally changed to your liking. Everyone's starting points and situation is different from using this build whether you league start with it or build it sometime down the road. Do what suits you and drop any questions and I will help you with them if you need.

As for your suggestion, that is completely fine. You can respec the points when you do end up getting a higher level Enlighten gem. If you find it is still too difficult to use all of the auras, just remember, they are really just there to boost your DPS and not required, technically. Do what works for your budget and build your way up.

Good luck, exile!
*Want to try out some fun hipster builds? Check out my thread below!*
[Build/Stream Thread]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2246315
"
aka2411 wrote:
Hi, first time playing this game and I follow your build.

Here is my character: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/aka2411/characters

Can you give me some advise on how to setup the auras if I have no enlighten gems or have the amulet for free haste? I do feel the lack of dps and sometime get 1 shotted ;(
Thanks

Sure, I can give you some help. There's definitely some things we can change to make the build run smoother. First things first, if you do not have the amulet (which is totally not required), you just need to run a Vaal Haste version instead. A Vaal version of a gem uses souls to activate so essentially, you are never going to be using the actual "Haste" part of the gem. This is only assuming that you do not have the Aul's Uprising with the free Haste reservation mod. You build souls by killing enemies. You should have enough souls to pop Vaal Haste by the end of your map on the boss.

If you do not have any Enlighten gems, you can just use Wrath > Blasphemy > Punishment. This should reserve only 85% mana without an Enlighten setup. You are going to have to drop Herald of Purity but at least you still have some pretty good damage cause we still have two auras running.

For the survival portion, looking at your tree first, you can unspec out of Unwavering Stance. If your build is not optimized or at least not tanky enough to out-leech enemies, then you need to unspec out of Unwavering Stance. Unwavering Stance is more so for end-game content. The current gear I had for the build allowed me to be tanky enough to handle end-game content so I grabbed the node at level 70. Unwavering Stance gives you stun immunity which is one of the main things that hurts this build and keeps us from face-tanking. The other weakness our build would have is getting chilled/frozen but that is taken care of with Dream Fragments if you use the ring.

I would not suggest grabbing Unwavering Stance until you are tanky enough, or when you can grab Iron Reflexes so all of your evasion is at least put to use. Try this and I think you will notice a huge change.

Now onto the gear portion. Along with the Unwavering Stance, another huge reason why you are getting one-shot is because you do not have enough life on your gear. I would suggest dropping your amulet, Carnage Heart and grabbing a rare amulet with life+crit multi. Obviously if you need resistances and other attributes, then prioritize those after life before the crit multi. Your rings, boots, and belt barely have any life on them as well.

You need to prioritize on life+resists before anything. If you do that and the unspec Unwavering Stance, you are going to see total change in survival. Not prioritizing life+resists is a common mistake and reason why people get one-shot and die so much. Even more so for this kind of build where everything needs to be fine tuned together to work well. Also, try to get life+crit multi on your jewels. If you cannot get crit multi on them yet, then prioritize in a increased maximum life roll on them (7% is the highest you can get on a regular jewel). You can find them for like an 1 chaos or cheaper. Usually even cheaper than 1 chaos so you can find them easily.

Hopefully these tips help. Let me know if you have any other questions or need help.

Good luck! Cheers!
[Build/Stream Thread]
Last edited by Bakuhakubasugasu on Dec 17, 2018, 11:22:48 AM
Does vanish off hand mtx turn off shield?
I successfully bought 2 lvl 3 enlighten and got one to lvl 4, petty amazing. But now with herald of purity socketed with a lvl3 enlighten and the rest with the level 4, I only got 19 mana, 12 is needed for blade flurry. Is this enough or will it limit my attackspeed? thanks!
"
vayha wrote:
Does vanish off hand mtx turn off shield?

I don't have that MTX, but I don't think it does.

I would probably research around. Not too sure, to be honest.
[Build/Stream Thread]
"
stxfreak wrote:
I successfully bought 2 lvl 3 enlighten and got one to lvl 4, petty amazing. But now with herald of purity socketed with a lvl3 enlighten and the rest with the level 4, I only got 19 mana, 12 is needed for blade flurry. Is this enough or will it limit my attackspeed? thanks!

Yeah, you will have enough mana. It might not seem that way, but trust me, it's enough to get you by. You will leech it right back up and your natural mana regeneration on top of that will keep you up and running. You just got to make sure you are hitting enemies and not attacking at air.

If you even see my mana on my video, it is basically only at like 3-4% left and I'm always attacking. If you do find that you are having mana problems, then I would suggest getting some flat mana somewhere just to off-balance the mana reservation a little.

You should be okay though.
[Build/Stream Thread]
So I'm a complete garbage noob in this game drawn to this guide because I love assassins and face tanking.

Two questions remain though. That pastebin link gives me a bunch of weird characters and I'm clueless what to do with that.
Also is there an item filter attached to this build? I will most likely just pick up the weirdest most useless stuff in the process and miss out on items that could actually help me in return.
Hi

It's the first time I play a melee character

I love this build, because it's simple to understand
your hit always hit
your hit always crit

I just find that lose 24%evade chance to 12% physical reduction (+stun immune) don't worth it
Perhaps you're right, and it's worth it, but to manage this you spent a lot's lot's passive points and.... I don't know, I think we can do better

So my question is, why don't be dualwielding
perhaps with kaom root and grelwood to keep IR/US
Lose lycosidea need to spent point to accuracy, but there are always with %melee and lycosidea don't have much life/resist/armor
and the tree is not "just go to IR and US"

Heart of Oak is not sufficient ?
Armor is better than eva (if 1=1) ?

thx for your time

"
jer1993 wrote:
So I'm a complete garbage noob in this game drawn to this guide because I love assassins and face tanking.

Two questions remain though. That pastebin link gives me a bunch of weird characters and I'm clueless what to do with that.
Also is there an item filter attached to this build? I will most likely just pick up the weirdest most useless stuff in the process and miss out on items that could actually help me in return.

That pastebin/Path of Building link is used to show my character build on the program Path of Building. Path of Building is used to create/test builds to see your stats, damage and etc... You need to go download Path of Building to upload my character to the program so you can see his stats, items and everything else.

Once you download Path of Building, you can use that link posted on this guide to import the character.

So on Path of Building, if you click on the Import/Export Build button on the top left, you will see two boxes. One of the boxes says 'Character import' and the other one says 'Build sharing'. On the 'Build sharing' box, there is a 'Import from Pastebin...' button. You click on that and paste the Pastebin/Path of Building link included into the guide. Once you do, you click on 'Import'.

You should see that long list of random characters into the field next to the button you just clicked. Once you see that, you just click 'Import' and my whole character build will pop up on the program. You can check my actual gear I use, the skill links I use and all of that other useful information.

I do not have my item filter attached to this build. And to be honest, you said that you are a bit new so you would not want to use my loot filter. My loot filter is for end-game so you would not see anything but the specific items and loot that I am specifically looking for. I would suggest you just use the default loot filters that come from Filterblade (https://www.filterblade.xyz/). If you do not want to or don't know what to customize yet, there are different strict levels of the loot filter.

In general, just getting as much life+resists in general will get you through the game pretty well at least for the survival side of things.

Hopefully this helps. Let me know if you need anything else! Good luck on your journey!
[Build/Stream Thread]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info