{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

"
Jespetin wrote:
"
soulcryst wrote:
Can anyone help me with my build?
I am dying to Minotaur. Granted, the map mods were a bit extreme, Increased fire, lightning, vuln, ele weakness, and crit. I am getting one shot by those damn cave ins haha.

https://pastebin.com/FuVgH0FU

Checked your PoB and your gear seems totally fine. You should be able to kill him even with skeletons alone ( not vaal ). When you go in, just Leeroy Jenkins all the way to him and pop your skellies. Then try to stay as near as possible to him, so he doesn't do the burrow attack ( that will one shot you. ) So just kite his slams etc near him and your minions will melt him.

Ok, I'll try him again. With my gear, I should be able to kill all up to shaper right?

Thank you for replying!
I'm considering trying a variant that might work more naturally with the 'Triad Grips' gloves.

The idea is to switch the primary damage element to lightning so that I can have a B-B-B-B setup in the triad grips (which should be a more natural fit to the build generally than G-G-G-G).

The changes would be:

Hatred -> Wrath
Frost sentinels -> slave drivers
Ball lightning -> Arctic breath (still triggered via CwC and Cyclone also paired with Fortify)

Do you see any reason why this would not work?
@Hercanic thanks for the guides, while I've not followed anything specifically, having so much information available to make choices or cut corners has been a great help.

"
soulcryst wrote:
Can anyone help me with my build?
I am dying to Minotaur. Granted, the map mods were a bit extreme, Increased fire, lightning, vuln, ele weakness, and crit. I am getting one shot by those damn cave ins haha.

https://pastebin.com/FuVgH0FU

Tbh that's a very nasty set of map mods all chained together. I've only run Minotaur once this league, but he died in about 10 seconds and I just stood on him and shield bashed until loot popped out (always been my worst guardian to fight).

Your gear is better than mine in just about every slot, as the minions are just so strong I've just not felt motivated to go shopping and sort out what I need since I got a cheap corrupted 6 link for 40c in my 70s and fixed resists.

Only added thing I have is

Which does mean I take 10% less damage and I've never seen a spectre die.

Another thing to try, for pushing survivability, is to change up cyclone to cast desecrate and spirit offering. I've only just personally switched to using cyclone at all. Shaper went down fine with just shield charge and no EE, but if I want to do uber elder, I'll probably need to sort myself out and stop being a scrub.
"
thrackstar wrote:
"
Boltoflight wrote:

Whilst I have already purchased Triad Grip, I'm finding it really hard to off colour to four greens, its eating up all my chroms at the moment.

Do you know the so-called "Vorici method" for getting off colors? Basically you want to start with just 2 sockets, should be not too hard to get 2 greens. Then you use the crafting bench to switch between 2-3 sockets until you get a green on the 3rd socket. Once you get a green on the third socket, switch between 3-4 sockets until you get green on the fourth. Costs jewelers instead of chromes and is faster and easier to get off color.

Thank you, that's a big help! I'm currently up to three green sockets on the Triad Grips trying for the fourth when possible.

I also managed to pick up Unending Hunger for 20c too.

Next step Merc Lab and maps!
Last edited by Boltoflight on Sep 27, 2019, 8:53:36 AM
"

The changes would be:

Hatred -> Wrath
Ball lightning -> Arctic breath (still triggered via CwC and Cyclone also paired with Fortify)

The only issue is that wrath doesn't work anywhere near as well as hatred since it adds flat damage only. It would work though just not anywhere near as efficient, simple thing to try out for sure.

For the rationale for why it's worse, look at the auras and see what they do. Hatred adds percent physical as cold and a multiplier for cold. Wrath adds flat lightning. All of our minions have lots of flat damage so that doesn't scale nearly as well as if you used storm brand or orb of storms etc that doesn't have a ton of flat. Basically, it would remove a serious chunk of damage from added as cold and then cold multiplier and replace it with something we aren't scaling all that much (elemental damage on the minions) and don't multiply after it's converted.
hello many thanks for the build , il really enjoy it!! my first starter build xD

any suggestion about my gear what i should upgraded next ?? , and for body armour thats really hard to find belly of the beast with 4 blue sockets >.<

soo to improvise im using any 6 link armor with high armour but there is no +health , any suggestion for unique armor beside belly of the beast??

many" thanks xD
KEHEBATAN MEMANG HEBAT!!!
"
dkandhika wrote:
hello many thanks for the build , il really enjoy it!! my first starter build xD

any suggestion about my gear what i should upgraded next ?? , and for body armour thats really hard to find belly of the beast with 4 blue sockets >.<

soo to improvise im using any 6 link armor with high armour but there is no +health , any suggestion for unique armor beside belly of the beast??

many" thanks xD

Sounds like you are trying to build the old version of the build. Go to page 1 and check the first line written there and it will direct you to the new guide for 3.8. But yes, there is better chests than belly of the beast if you want armor + life, that would be astralis plate, but they are very expensive bases.

Also I think you have hidden your character tab, so can't take a peek at your gear.
Last edited by Jespetin on Sep 27, 2019, 10:54:39 AM
Guys, is it worth it defense-wise for me to substitute my current Amulet

for this jinxed JUJU:

Rarity: Unique
The Jinxed Juju
Citrine Amulet
--------
Requirements:
Level: 48
--------
Item Level: 85
--------
Discipline has 17% increased Aura Effect
--------
+31 to Intelligence
+28% to Chaos Resistance
13% increased Effect of your Curses
15% increased effect of Non-Curse Auras from your Skills
10% of Damage from Hits is taken from your Spectres' Life before you
--------
Burned rhoa's eye and goatman's beard do demand:
Leave behind those lazy bones;
Dance, ye dead, at my command!
--------
Corrupted
--------
Note: ~b/o 20 chaos

Not worried about resistances, they are all capped, just feels bad losing so much life and ES for the 10% dmg reduction. Should I exchange?
"
Koshling wrote:
I'm considering trying a variant that might work more naturally with the 'Triad Grips' gloves.

The idea is to switch the primary damage element to lightning so that I can have a B-B-B-B setup in the triad grips (which should be a more natural fit to the build generally than G-G-G-G).

The changes would be:

Hatred -> Wrath

I've tried it, and it works. But as other people have mentioned it's less damage overall. Wrath gives a flat lightning damage bonus which is really low compared to the base physical damage of our minions, while hatred scales with their base physical damage and then some. On top of that, if you link skitterbots with bonechill, you have another 15% increased damage taken (thats 12.5% MORE damage on top of 20% shock) due to constant chill from the bots.

Then I thought about going 50% cold 50% lightning and that worked too. Still less damage than pure cold though. Finally I gave up and went full cold. Yeah I have some unused links in my gear, but the extra links were never going to provide enough utility/suvival to compensate the dps loss.
"
gabolaman wrote:
Guys, is it worth it defense-wise for me to substitute my current Amulet

for this jinxed JUJU:

Spoiler
Rarity: Unique
The Jinxed Juju
Citrine Amulet
--------
Requirements:
Level: 48
--------
Item Level: 85
--------
Discipline has 17% increased Aura Effect
--------
+31 to Intelligence
+28% to Chaos Resistance
13% increased Effect of your Curses
15% increased effect of Non-Curse Auras from your Skills
10% of Damage from Hits is taken from your Spectres' Life before you
--------
Burned rhoa's eye and goatman's beard do demand:
Leave behind those lazy bones;
Dance, ye dead, at my command!
--------
Corrupted
--------
Note: ~b/o 20 chaos

Not worried about resistances, they are all capped, just feels bad losing so much life and ES for the 10% dmg reduction. Should I exchange?

I'm using a non-corrupted juju, and with your corrupted and the int you're probably not losing any ES, and as long as you don't lose 10% of your life, your eHP is effectively higher if you're taking 10% less damage (from hits).

Your neck does have an open prefix craft though, so you could get more life or %max ES, or mana cost reduction for no regen maps etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info