{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

tldr; unsummon your AG in acid caverns, just incase.

Before answering some questions, I would like to warn everyone about a certain boss in acid caverns. There's a warband type of encounter there, and one of the warbands that sometimes appear deal significant chaos damage which erases minions. Beware if you're using an expsensive (kingmaker) animated guardian and unsummon it as if you were doing HotGM.

I've done that map 2-3 times trying to complete the elder questline and never realised this, since that warband never apperared before. Then suddenly during the boss fight BOOM, half of my zombies are gone (they never ever die, even to the most rippy mods) and my animated guardian (which lucliky had only 10c of items equipped, no kingmaker yet) died aswell. I did a quick search and found some other people complaining about this on reddit. The fight was over in a second or two, like the rest of boss fights but they did take half my army =/ So beware

Ok now to the questions.

"
IFollowYou wrote:
"
Xenobite wrote:

I got this item not long ago in my Atzoatl:

Do you have any interesting ideas how it can be effectively utilised? It's unlikely it can reach the cold version DPS given we have EE, Chillbots and Hatred-Gen and the game is lacking chaos scaling mechanics. Also elemental specters are a no go for it, so we'll need physical ones if we want to go full chaos. The good side: we wont be affected by "All Green" Rule.

I thought about doing this for a while and decided it just wasn't worth it. Best bet is probably to link zombies with withering touch support and run a despair curse. Withering step would also help. The main issue is there are no decent physical projectile spectres (vaal risen advocates are meh) to take advantage of the chaos conversion.

If you can meet the str criteria without gloves, a baron build could use this more effectively. Your spectres would need to be melee though, to better utilise the added str along with physical damage. Ranged/caster physical spectres (kitava herald/knitted horror, evangelist etc.) are far too average to compete with solar/slave/sentinel trio that a melee spectre such as colossal bonestalker would surpass them in such a build.

"
Aquiline_Fury wrote:

Firstly, how important are the skitterbots + bonechill? My DPS is already more than adequate, and in their place I've been using Flesh and Stone (blind aura) and Dread Banner for the skellies and zombies.

Skitterbots is 20% more damage for every single build just with the shock. If you go full cold and add bonechill, thats another 15% damage taken, so a total of 35% more overall damage. Not bad for an aura which reserves only 42% mana.

Dread banner would be unnecessary since there won't be any physical damage to scale the impale. Flesh&Stone is purely defensive, so deciding that would be your call.

"
Secondly, the skeleton links. I'm seeing some people using Elemental Damage with Attacks in place of stuff like Main, Ruthless, etc. Is this a flat-out better gem to take when going full conversion? PoB doesn't have Triad Grips in yet, so I'm not sure how I can find out otherwise unless there are smarter people lurking around in here.

At 20 Gem level, Elemental damage with attacks gives 54% more damage if all of your damage comes from attacks and is elemental damage. In comparison, melee damage support and minion damage support give 49%. Thats why people with full ele conversion choose ele damage with attacks. Ruthless comes after these 3, maim is just 30% more (since there is no physical damage to scale maim, only the base effect).

If you have spirit offering always active, then melee damage and minion damage supports would outperform ele damage with attacks, since they also increase the base physical to chaos conversion damage. Best bet? Use them all. Multistrike and ruthless are just cheaper alternatives.

As for PoB triad calculations, spec into Necromantic Aegis and edit your shield with the line " 100% of Physical Damage Converted to Cold Damage " (without the asterisks ofc). Problem solved. Don't forget to check "enemies damaged by fire/lightning" etc. to have your EE taken into account.

"
Thirdly, Spectre links. For clear, I'm currently using Spectre - GMP - Minion Damage - Elemental Army - Faster Projectiles - Pierce. My single target I replace GMP and Pierce with Slower Projectiles and Cold Penetration. Is this optimal? Will phantasms provide a much bigger benefit to DPS with their physical spells being converted to cold, or am I currently okay to leave them as-is? I mostly just want them to freeze everything but I don't really know the mechanics to the ailments in this game and whether freezes only occur on crits or higher damage = higher freeze chance, etc.

"
Singrave wrote:
i'm still not sure what to use in spectre setup.
Phantasms or Spell Echo?
Saw some spectre videos where the Spell Echo is mandatory for DPS.
Controlled Destruction or Elemental Focus with Frost Sentinels?

Use both spell echo and phantams, they work really well together.

Dont use 3 green links with spectres, use either 1 or 2. GMP is best for clear, switch it out for hypothermia or cold penetration for bossing.

After hercanic's post, I learned that phantasms use a projectile "spell" rather than an attack (this is plainly written in the gem description in game, so no obscure knowledge that lies deep within PoB calculations either) and it pierces. Since sentinel frostbolts also pierce (or do they? I think they do), I dropped the second green link and replaced it with echo. So my setup is (or will be, after I 6-link my chest) :

- Spectre
- Minion Damage
- GMP
- Phantasm
- Echo
- Ele Army

Echo is best damage, but it does give your minions some delay before moving due to the second cast. I haven't found it affecting my clearspeed, so I went for the higher damage. In a full conversion build, ele army would give a lot of dps for your other minions aswell, so it takes the last slot.

Freeze and chill take place when your damage (not dps, a single hit) exceeds certain thresholds. The wiki explain them better :

"
Base freeze duration is 60 milliseconds (0.06 seconds) for every 1% of the target's maximum life (before party scaling) dealt by cold damage, up to a maximum of 50% (3 seconds). Freezes with a duration smaller than 0.3 seconds are discarded, effectively requiring a hit of 5% enemy life. As an example, The Shaper has approximately 20 000 000 life. Minimally freezing The Shaper requires a single hit of 1 000 000 cold damage.

Chills inflicted by hits last for 2 seconds. The magnitude of the slow is directly proportional to the damage relative to the target's maximum life, equal to 30% slow at 10% of the target's maximum life dealt by Cold damage, scaling down to 0% at no damage. Hits below the minimum threshold of 1% effect are discarded, effectively requiring a hit of 0.33% enemy maximum life to chill that enemy. As an example, The Shaper has approximately 20 000 000 life. Minimally chilling The Shaper requires a single hit of 66 000 cold damage.

I don't use elemental focus since our minions can chill and freeze adds and regular map minions. For strict boss gains, you could use it if there are no alternatives but I wouldn't bother. Same goes for controlled desturction since I have necro aegis and constantly get power charges from spectre kills in mapping/adds.

"
sengson3rd wrote:

@hercanic

Got an idea. Can we replace cyclone with spectral shield throw on the triad grip? This also make stormbrand obsolete
Spectral shield throw - faster attack - chain/fork - smoke mine
or
Spectral shield throw - GMP - volley - faster projectiles

replace the unset stormbrand with a frostbite ring.

I am at office. yet to test this

The point of cyclone is not only to have a channeling skill to proc spells and effects, but to also to be on the move always and avoid boss mechanics. My first deathless uber was last league with cyclone, because I was able to kill things without standing still. The advantage we have here is to proc things without standing still. But do try ofcourse, and report your findings =)
Hello

Thank you for this great build. This is my first time playing a league and the build is really good.

I was wondering if anyone could have a look at my build and give advice on where to go from here?

This is my POB:
https://pastebin.com/1r9Y7CLb

Thank u in advance
"
Neuro_Wolf wrote:
Hello

Thank you for this great build. This is my first time playing a league and the build is really good.

I was wondering if anyone could have a look at my build and give advice on where to go from here?

This is my POB:
https://pastebin.com/1r9Y7CLb

Thank u in advance

Looking at your gear, you could find a better amulet with life/es/dex/resistances. After putting some dex into your gear, you can drop the +30 dex nodes and put points into life instead. Not sure what else. Gear looks good and you can min-max things if you want.
Thank you. I will start looking for another amulet right away.

On min-maxing the build what would you recommend?
"
Hercanic wrote:
@ everyone:
Stumbled across this video of someone playing our build, though disappointingly they never mention it by name or link to it. =o\

fixed it. Justin Case.
:)
"
Aquiline_Fury wrote:
"
Hey there!

What gear is ideal for a Kingmaker Animated Guardian?

Planning to follow the tips given above and use it on a Hungry Loop ring with "Minion Life, Fortify, Melee Splash and Meat Shield."

I tried looking up some gear myself, and thus far aside from Kingmaker, Leer Cast for the head and Oskarm Gloves (assassin's mark / power charges) seem like a nice bet.

Asenath's gentle touch gloves seem like a big dps boost as well, but they're quite expensive.

No idea what else to use for the chest and boots, or even if the gear above is ideal for the socketed gems being used.

I'd really appreciate some suggestions! Thanks ^^

At the moment, on mine, I'm using:
Weapon - Kingmaker
Helm - Enemies take 9% increased physical damage fossil-crafted rare.
Chest - Gruthkul's Pelt. % regen is great for AG.
Boots - Victario's Flight for more MS
Gloves - Southbound with a Curse on Hit corruption. Mine is Temp Chains but Elemental Weakness would be preferred, I just haven't hit it yet.

I'm using Fortify, Minion Life, Meat Shield and Elemental Army in the Hungry Loop and numerous Shapers haven't even dented his life. Unkillable.

Thanks a lot! Your build does sound quite good. I'll give it a shot!
Why can't I see the gear when I click gear? Thanks
Hello . Im trying your build and got question . When going for Boots - cyclone , cwc,fortify,ball light.. How i activate this cyclone ? I do not see any channeling skill here . Please advise
"
Casq wrote:
Hello . Im trying your build and got question . When going for Boots - cyclone , cwc,fortify,ball light.. How i activate this cyclone ? I do not see any channeling skill here . Please advise

Cyclone itself is a channeled skill. When you cast cyclone, ball lightning gets cast too. And just in case it's not clear yet, channeled skills are cast by holding, not just tapping an assigned key.
Hello,

firstly i would like to thank OP for this build i'm really enjoying it (cleared to uber elder and more),
i'm actually testing Animate guardian in
and i would like to give him the Crown of the Tyrant so my question is if the crown has one or 3 white sockets changes something (i'm seeing a lot of 1socket so it was a bit suspicious) ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info