{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

"
PattyWin wrote:
2 Noob Questions:

How can i get Frost Sentinels?

Frost Sentinels. Lunaris Temple Act 8
"
PattyWin wrote:
2 Noob Questions:

On which gems should i first put quality on? (i only have a small amount of currency and i want to improve my gems now)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2242389/page/217 this post lists quality priority (page 217).

I have been making a favourite of all the good bits of info :)

"
PattyWin wrote:

I get them from my Luxurious Hideout
I'm having some issues with the Cast when damage taken setup.

1) I'm confused which setup i should opt for now in 3.8 as the guide is showing both:

a) CWDT - Desecrate - Spirit Offering - Purifying flame

b) CWDT - Unearth - Greater multiple projectiles - Spirit Offering

I tried them both but for some reason option a) didn't proc both desecrate and spirit offering in same proc. Only desecrate and purifying flame activated, am i doing something wrong here?

option b) worked more reliably by proccing both the unearth and the spirit offering, however this option doesn't allow the purifying flame which is a nice addition.

Any help?
"
I'm having some issues with the Cast when damage taken setup.

1) I'm confused which setup i should opt for now in 3.8 as the guide is showing both:

a) CWDT - Desecrate - Spirit Offering - Purifying flame

b) CWDT - Unearth - Greater multiple projectiles - Spirit Offering

I tried them both but for some reason option a) didn't proc both desecrate and spirit offering in same proc. Only desecrate and purifying flame activated, am i doing something wrong here?

option b) worked more reliably by proccing both the unearth and the spirit offering, however this option doesn't allow the purifying flame which is a nice addition.

Any help?

CWDT - Desecrate - Spirit Offering - Purifying Flame is what is actually suggested by the guide, the Unearth setup was just used for testing purposes in 3.7 I think

Also if both of them aren't proccing, have you made sure that Desecrate is before Spirit Offering and Purifying Flame in the setup? If it isn't, Desecrate will proc after those skills and it won't work

EDIT: My mistake, the Unearth + GMP setup was replaced with Desecrate when it had its cooldown removed, since Desecrate summons 5 corpses it frees up a socket
Last edited by Morthevin on Sep 28, 2019, 9:02:17 AM
check level gem setup, if CWT is level 1 only work with leve 6-7 gems(max level 37 requeriment) srry for my bad english lol XD
"
Also if both of them aren't proccing, have you made sure that Desecrate is before Spirit Offering and Purifying Flame in the setup? If it isn't, Desecrate will proc after those skills and it won't work

I think i may have something wrong in setting them up right then.

So i need 2 blue, 1 green and 1 red socket. Does it matter how those are spread out? And how do i define the order of the skills?

is it: top left - top right - bottom right - bottom left
or: top left - top right - bottom left - bottom right

or is the order defined by the order i place them into the sockets?
Last edited by maguel on Sep 28, 2019, 9:05:12 AM
@ Morthevin:
Full Post
"
Morthevin wrote:
"
maguel wrote:
I think i may have something wrong in setting them up right then.

So i need 2 blue, 1 green and 1 red socket. Does it matter how those are spread out? And how do i define the order of the skills?

is it: top left - top right - bottom right - bottom left
or: top left - top right - bottom left - bottom right

or is the order defined by the order i place them into the sockets?
"
how do i define the order of the skills?

Gems are triggered starting from the top left and follow the links from there.
@ haitike:
"
haitike wrote:
I have a noob question about the watchers eye with "+(20-30) Energy Shield gained for each Enemy Hit while affected by Discipline". This is applied only with Ball lightning or it is applied too when our minions attack?

Watcher's Eyes do not affect minions because they do not modify auras at all. They give you conditional buffs while you are affected by a specific aura, which can come from anywhere, be it yourself, a party member, totem, or some other ally.

@ vincentk:
Full Post
"
vincentk wrote:
Greater DPS for my character. Currently using 4 Frost Sentinels.

Hatred + Generosity

or

Summon Skitterbots + Bonechill + 1 more support gem for skitterbots?

Unfortunately, I can't run both and run Discipline. I'm using discipline because I have a watcher's eye that has the + to energy shield for each enemy hit while being affected by Discipline which is a nice layer of extra defense.
"
Hatred or Skitterbots?

Hatred.

@ Singrave:
"
Singrave wrote:
Dunno if it would be good to change Bone Barrier ascendancy to Commander of Darkness?

Bone Barrier gives a free Steelskin with bonus Bleed immunity, 10% phys reduction, 30% more life/es regen, 30% ele res, and 20% more minion life. All of these are highly useful and difficult to find elsewhere.

Commander of Darkness gives 10% less ele res, 30% increased damage we can get anywhere, and 3% attack/cast speed per aura when we have ~2 auras. CoD really requires stacking auras and aura effect to be great. This is a garbage node for us.
Last edited by Hercanic on Sep 28, 2019, 7:36:36 PM
The front page of the build is outdated. A lot of work originally went into making it deeply informative and shiny. This has the downside of being extra difficult to update when big changes happen, like when summoners received a major overhaul in 3.8.

Due to my limited time these past few leagues, I resorted to a band-aide solution of linked update posts:

3.4 Build Archive
3.8 Build Update
3.9 Build Update
3.10 Build Update (also below)
NEW! 3.10 Cluster Build

This started to become hard to follow. I would hit the 50k character limit and have nowhere but a new post to expand. These multiple scattered posts would end up interlinked like a rabbit hole.

In light of these issues, I reserved this entire page for future updates and in-progress construction. I have archived the original build at the very bottom. When I'm able, I will update the front page with the latest build. There's a lot of old content that needs to be rewritten or dropped, so this will take some time.

Here's an sneak peek at the 3.9 build!

PoB link: https://pastebin.com/KCm171Na

I still have more to do, such as tinkering with the items and adding the leveling trees.

3.10 BUILD UPDATE
This will be a rough outline just to get you on track.

With the gutting of Spirit Offering, we're back to our original recovery method that uses Life on Spell Hit rings and the rapid hits of Ball Lightning.

PASSIVE TREE - Same 3.9 tree, though we'll want the northern outer jewel socket for a set of Cluster Jewels. We can recover the points from Warrior's Blood to fund our cluster excursion. If you don't want to use your anointment on Ravenous Horde, you can use a medium-range Thread of Hope jewel to take Ravenous Horde, opening up your anointment to be something else (like Cleansed Thoughts).

ASCENDANCY
1. Mindless Aggression
2. Unnatural Strength
3. Bone Barrier (we keep this to stack phys reduction)
4. Plaguebringer (will need Desecrate to spawn corpses on a boss)
-> Mistress of Sacrifice (if you want to use Bone Offering)
-> Commander of Darkness (if you don't want to deal with anything extra)
-> Essence Glutton (if you pair it with the new Kitava keystone and make sure to generate corpses)

CLUSTER JEWELS - Read here for my verdict on our ideal notables.

BANDITS - 2 points. Cluster jewels put even greater value on this than ever before. Sorry bandits, you all have to die for our sake.

PANTHEON - Solaris/Arakaali & Shakari. Chaos Damage has steadily become much more common, and it's the bane of our primary defensive layer of ES. Shakari gives Poison Immunity. Solaris gives protection from AOE damage and crits, while Arakaali gives us Chaos Resistance.

LEVELING - Check out the old 3.8 build guide. The original leveling guide also has lots of useful links and info. Just ignore the outdated build-specific stuff.

HELM - Same +3 Minion Damage helm.
1. Vaal Skeletons
2. Melee Phys
3. Minion Speed -> Deathmark swap (non-mobile endgame bosses)
4. Melee Splash -> EleDmg w/ Attacks swap (endgame bosses with no dangerous adds)

BODY ARMOUR - Same ES chest w/ 10% Life as Extra ES craft.
1. Spectres (Frost Sentinel -> look into new Spectres)
2. Phantasms (if Frost Sentinels)
3. Minion Damage -> Spell Echo (if you want more chances to freeze) -> Elemental Proliferation (if you want to freeze everything)
4. GMP
5. Elemental Army
6. Faster Projectiles

GLOVES - Same 1R3G Triad Grip.
1. Dash -> Smoke Mine (if you prefer utility in exchange for clunk)
2. Second Wind -> Phase Run (if you prefer running over movement skills)
3. Hatred
4. Generosity

WEAPON - Same Shaper/Elder 1H melee weapon with multiple support mods.
1. Zombies
2. Feeding Frenzy
3. Minion Damage -> Empower (if your weapon has +1 to gems and can craft +2 to supports)

SHIELD - Same Victario's Charity. We don't need to take Necromantic Aegis if we're hitting with Ball Lightning. This means no Power Charges while clearing, however, so less freezes vs. block/life/resistances for self.
1. Holy Relic (regen)
2. Chaos Golem (phys reduction stacking) or Carrion Golem (phantasm damage)
3. Desecrate (for bosses if using Plaguebringer) -> Feeding Frenzy (use Melee Phys on Zombies) -> manual curse (EleWeak/Frostbite) -> change to a CWDT setup -> movement skill of choice

BOOTS - Same rare Fortify boots.
1. Cyclone
2. Cast While Channeling
3. Ball Lightning
4. GMP -> Slower Projectiles (for bosses) -> Fortify (if no boots) -> Infused Channeling (if you want more phys protection)

RING 1 - Same rare Unset with Life on Spell Hit, DEX, Life, and resists. ES if you can swing it.
1. Discipline (if you have 30 ES on Hit Watcher's Eye) -> Skitterbots (or move to shield and drop Holy Relic/Golem/Desecrate to make room for Bonechill)

RING 2 - Curse on hit ring (EleWeak/Frostbite), another Life on Spell Hit ring, or Hungry Loop for an AG
1. Animated Guardian (Gear: Kingmaker, Mask of the Stitched Demon, ES chest with 10% Life as Extra ES craft, Hunter-influenced gloves with Intimidate on Hit and curse on hit corruption, Victario's Flight)
2. Meatshield
3. Minion Life
4. Empower
5. Melee Splash -> Fortify (if AG does not have Intimidate and Curse on Hit)

AMULET - Jinxed Juju; or rare with high Life and ES. Anoint with Ravenous Horde, or use a medium-range Thread of Hope jewel to get it instead. Then anoint with Cleansed Thoughts to cap Chaos Resistance if you can get to ~39% Chaos Resistance first; or Soul of Steel if you can afford two Golden Oils.

BELT - Same Stygian Vise.

JEWELS - Same ES/Life Ghastly Eyes with minion attack speed stacking, and one source of Blind and Taunt.

Use a Glorious Vanity jewel (Doryani variant) for the Corrupted Soul keystone (use socket under Pain Attunement and drop the Mending cluster) for another ~2k ES. Remember that, with this keystone, any ES above your Life will generally not be of much use, so prioritize Life. Be sure to pair this with the ES-on-Hit Watcher's Eye and Life-on-Spell-Hit rings so you can recover both simultaneously when you hit with Ball Lightning.

PERSONAL UPDATE (26 FEB 2020)
I've recently started work on a game, so I will not have time to respond to most questions until further notice. I'll still be around, and may answer the odd question, but I will not be able to give the same level of detailed support.

I would like to finish updating the main guide, but I honestly cannot make any guarantees.

Thank you to everyone who has played Speaker for the Dead! It's been a crazy year and a half, that's for sure! I wish you all favorable probabilities in the many loot rolls to come!
Last edited by Hercanic on Apr 8, 2020, 9:36:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info