Our Five Year Anniversary

God bless developers!
Project, Pastime, Community, Future.. etc.. all that's great and all, but you forgot the dangerously addictive part.
generally dangerous
Enhorabuena muchas felicitaciones G.G:G:Lo estais haciendo genial y abriendo un camino para nuevos juegos en el futuro, seguir asi ,Felicidades xd
HB !
"
KDBW_ger wrote:
Hi GGG,

I was with you since open beta and played a game that I actually quite enjoyed, years ago. This game had so many possibilities to actually succeed on many levels and failed hard.

Disclaimer: Your game is very successful, I know that... I can read, 100MTencentmoneyzzzz. But I care for the soul, not for the looks.

I ignored the balancing issues, I ignored the technical issues, I ignored the shady stuff going on in the background and so on.

But the thing is, I don't care for this anymore, five years is enough, I'm not gonna put up with your decisions again, I will maybe come back from time to time, to check on you, but the love is gone.

Then you sold out to Tencent, great stuff, can I now get my money back for all the freakishly overpriced cosmetics? Nah? Thought so. I was supporting YOU not Tencent. If I want to support Tencent, I buy stock options from Tencent, not MTX from you/Tencent. Btw. I kinda have the urge to address my suspicion, that your whole business operation has shifted from making a game to making MTX.

The thing is, the development is obvious, you are going for the Chinese market, that's why your game has become a boring, mind-numbing, clickfest, with absurd layers of RNG to even touch the endgame content. We once called these games asia-grinders. You remmmembaar? I doooo!

In my five years, I have never actually played the true endgame content, man ... I get it, it has to be hard, but this? Perhaps I'm just a bad player, yeah.

I mean, every league I played, I really tried hard to motivate myself to at least kill the Shaper (hardest boss at that time, stuff), but I couldn't deal with the grind, man, this fucking grind is the most depressing, time-wasting and mindless bullshit, I have ever encountered in any game. I am 34 years old and got some experience in that stuff.

Through all the leagues I always hoped, that this game will turn out to be good in the end, but it's only gotten worse.

I played Garbinger - the trash currency league, I played Abyss - the backtracking league, I played Bestiary/Beastiary/Beastyarry... nothing to say about that, I played Incursion league - bonus level league, I played Delve league - the ... nothing to say about that.

The game gets more chaotic and annoying every damn league, so much freaking micromanagement.

Whatever, except for DAVE (Hi Dave, you can now edit my post, I know it's your job. No hard feelings!) no one from your staff will actually read this, because you're way to busy crafting silly MTX for the kids.

All in all, it was nice from time to time, but man, I can't fucking play this anymore. I wanna play something fun, not something that frustrates me and makes me angry.

Have a nice ... *sigh*

You need to change game genre my dude. The HnS was always a one big RNG fest and micromanagement. This game was never made for the people who can't dedicate themselves into it. You say, that you never achived end game (and what is it, killing uber elder ? Or doing whole Atlas ? Or all of it together ? Or achieving lvl 100 ? Explain) and that is just too hard for you to do. Lemme tell you kid, you need to be completely unaware, how freaking EASY is this game compared to the old good PoE where you had 4 acts that you had to do 3x TIMES !

And your ignorance about the Tencent company is something I will just ignore becuase I don't want to insult you. I will just give you an example of the game that Tencet OWNS in 100%, on both markets, not only Chinese (and that is the case of PoE) and that one game, that is till the same good game, is League of Legends. LoL is free to play, that is full of shitty things in cash shop on Asia market, but not in our market, because Tencent understand markets and peoople there. We don't like P2W, and they know it, so only stupid fuk like Activision will implement P2W that will kill the game in the long run. Tencent is the GIANT, biggest company in game industry, and they achived this with clever strategy, and this strategy is not forcing devs to implement P2W elements that ALWAYS leads to death of the game in western markets.

HnS IS GRIND, without GRIND there is no HnS. Without micro management and hard mechanics, game became boring and dull. If you want to play mock up of the HnS, have end game fast and reach high power, go play Diablo 3. And stop rising your personal issues to the table because there are other things that should be fixed than your dull desire of easy acomplishment.

If you will take grind away, your Shaper kll become as worthy and amazing, as Wisdom Scrolls.

Consider that
Please don't mute me
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<(°) FAKE TOUCANS, FAKE PRAYERS (°)>
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Please don't mute me
Happy B-Day <3
Nice, happy birthday GGG! The game is amazing. Keep it up!
Thanks for the past years and hopefully many more will follow. :)
<3
Happy, Happy, Happy Anniversary!

Been following/playing PoE since 2011 beta days, it's crazy how far this game has come since then and I'm excited to see what's still to come.

Big thanks to everyone at GGG for years of entertainment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info