Our Five Year Anniversary

this is it, the five year mark. most startups don't make it to this point. companies that do are generally structured well enough to last. congratulations to the whole GGG team on making it, may you be around for many years to come.
I have enjoyed many hours of joy, beauty, horror and rage and I would not trade a moment of it, thanks GGG

Joined May 2013
Happy birthday! PoE the Best ForEver! Thanks GGG!
gg, thanks for a great game (give me ex drop kappa)
Skoppadoodle :D Cant wait for 4.0
Runslingan! The Power Of ~^S.W.E.D.E.N^~
I've joined in 2013 1 of Nov, and to be honest, I was firstly displeased with what I saw and experienced in this game. I doomed it as the wacky project that tries to surpass legacy of Diablo franchise (which btw end on Diablo II, Diablo 3 is a spin off that shouldn't exist) and I forgot about this game for a quite long time.

Time just passed by, and my taste in games I played didn't change at all, but oh God, this game changed, A LOT.

From the clunky, and ugly game that was so obscure and hard to understand, it grows into the beautiful game(that is still hard to understand, but that is only due to the complexity of the mechanics, not due to poor implementation of it) that switched from poor in terms of content game, into so rich in activities game, where you actually need to choose specifically on what you want to focus now, if you want to make any meaningful progress. The growth is so big, and impressive, that in my opinion, should be shown as an example for other dev teams, on how to make a good, truly free to play game, so good, that you feel bad for not contributing to developers some of your hard earned money. It's a unique type of game, especially in the F2P business model, that truly should make other dev teams rethink their philosophy of game development. In the age of constant pay 2 win elements, even in the triple-A segment of the market, constant DLC's, constant reproductive schemes without any innovation, and useless support teams that tend to ignore your tickets, a game like Path of Exile show and give hope, that we still have people who remember and understand what video games were meant to be.

Hack n Slash genre always has been a unique experience, that a lot of games tried in the past provide, but always failed in one aspect or another. The idea that some unknown and random team from the place in the world, so far away from the heart of our Civilization, would be ever able to accomplish something that was never done before even by giants of the video market was silly, even for me.

And now, after this time, I need to bow before the Grinding Gear Games and apologize for all of my doubts. You managed to provide not only, the best HnS game in the history of video games, but also THE MOST customer-friendly business model, one of the quickest and kind game support that only can be compared to the support of the pay to play segment. What's more, you provide to us each 3 months, new content, that in few first entries, was rather small and it was only the addition to end game, but now is SO BIG that you can completely forget about completing your atlas, and what is more, you don't demand a damn penny for it, where other companies would charge us ridiculous amount of money (I am looking at you, Necromancer for 15$), AND ON TOP OF THAT, without a doubt, I can give you the award of the most efficient developer team in the world. Where other games need years, months to provide an update in the size of your mid-season fixes, you manage to give us each 3 months something amazing, with one exception that is Bestiary, from which you again showed something amazing, because you analyzed all issues we raised, you understood them, and took a lesson that you passed FLAWLESSLY with your next season Incursion, what leads me to the last thing that I need to admire.

Your close contact with your community. Your interest in the feedback, and your very RARE mindset that is :
"Our players know better what they want from this game, so we listen to them, and then implement those ideas if that is possible"
This one thing makes you one of the best Developer team in the industry, and in relation to the last words of Blizzard about WoW, quote:
"You think you know what you want, but you don't" and more recent
"Its unfortunate reality and you need to get used to this new system because we cannot do anything about it"
I put you above this over-rated company, and I beg, please, never let anyone in your company structures think, that following steps of this is good idea. Don't give me reasons to regret what I've just written, and stay true to your philosophy to the very end.

So, again. Thank you Grinding Gear Games for this game. From the developing team to graphic designers to the Customer Support team and many others I can't properly call out, I pledge you the number 1, developer team of online games.
And let my profile title speak, that my words are not told in vain, but rather through my genuine admiration of the values, that GGG exhibits and I felt that no one truly gave proper tribute, so this is my poor attempt on this task.

Sorry for my poor English, I am not native and I wanted to express my thoughts as accurate as I could, and I had hard time doing it.

Hope to see you again, during 10th Anniversary :)
Please don't mute me
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<(°) FAKE TOUCANS, FAKE PRAYERS (°)>
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Please don't mute me
Congrats here's to many more years filled with Path of Exile /cheers
Gratulations and Thanks for this awesome game GGG, i love and hate you since i can't play any other game anymore while there is a new league every 3 months <3
And may the years continue to be as fruitful and glorious as they have been!

GG GGG happy anniversary!
It's been a great journey!
IGN - @SlutOhMyy (Ambush)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info