Trading is the worst experience I have in this game

"
Turtledove wrote:
"
SisterBlister wrote:

Yeah, this has been suggested a lot, but it seems GGG does not want to make trading that easy.

My guess is the reason for this is because if trading didn't require human interaction then the GGG concern is that the RMT bot folks would destroy the economy. What would happen would be exactly what destroyed the economy in Diablo 3 and forced Blizzard to disable all trading in D3.

Which is why I also suggested restrictions.
"
Holmiester wrote:

Which is why I also suggested restrictions.

Don't get me wrong, I would love for there to be a more convenient interface myself.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:

My guess is the reason for this is because if trading didn't require human interaction then the GGG concern is that the RMT bot folks would destroy the economy. What would happen would be exactly what destroyed the economy in Diablo 3 and forced Blizzard to disable all trading in D3.

D3 "economy" was destroyed because there was no currency sinks, all classes/builds required exactly the same stats on gear, and "duping" abuses.
With or without AH, after a cartain point (after you uprade all your gems to acceptable level) gold in D3 became just useless. "Crafting" consumes so much time, that it's better to farm monsters directly (not even considering that you also gain resources instead of wasting them, and can get a great legendary item too + XP).
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Oct 19, 2018, 4:41:33 AM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
D3 "economy" was destroyed because there was no currency sinks, all classes/builds required exactly the same stats on gear, and "duping" abuses.
With or without AH, after a cartain point (after you uprade all your gems to acceptable level) gold in D3 became just useless. "Crafting" consumes so much time, that it's better to farm monsters directly (not even considering that you also gain resources instead of wasting them, and can get a great legendary item too + XP).

The big difference here is that D3 had a fiat currency - valueless in itself. POE's functional currency skips this economical problem, but the anti-trade-automation zealots never acknowledge this.
I always thought you should be able to bring harken into your hideout, and put buyout items on him. just give him only one tab, and have him keep a percentage for running the store.
Reminds me of a game called Phantasy star universe. See they put this store in their hideout and people would just search so in my memory here

9,999,999 Mesta which is 1 mirror for a Crea double
BAM SOLD

Get dat money

God I would love that system holy fucking shit SIGN ME UP Mom give me 100 grand to fund that for GGG.

Chris: Nope would make the game too EZ

:_;
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
This post needs to stay at the top until GGG implements a decent auction house and mail system. Keeping it the way it is has obvious SERIOUS drawbacks, with price fixing, no selling while not online, and people just flat out not responding being a few of the most annoying ones.

What are you waiting for exactly? Is your game too "old news" now to consider it? Just really sucks that you make a game that is superior in almost every way to the competition, but then completely screw it all up when it comes to trading.
"
Espada86 wrote:
It's just that simple. An absolute waste of time trying to get a map I need and findind lots of scammers, pricefixers, bots, afks, incredibly slow people etc etc. This is by far the worst experience for me in this game. I want to PLAY this game and trading is a huge wall for that.

working as intended. trade heavily competes with finding the item in the game yourself and shouldn't be piss easy compared to other means.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Pizzarugi wrote:

There would be no difference if we swapped to something automated, except the mountain of people who don't respond to trade offers would be gone instantly.

try buying some thousand key maps now or with an auction house or other automated trade to raise their price.

you will feel the difference.

when ggg said they wanted "player interaction" they meant the positive side effect it has when people wanted to mass buy certain items to manipulate the market. not you meeting other players and doing conversation.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
Pizzarugi wrote:

There would be no difference if we swapped to something automated, except the mountain of people who don't respond to trade offers would be gone instantly.

try buying some thousand key maps now or with an auction house or other automated trade to raise their price.

you will feel the difference.

when ggg said they wanted "player interaction" they meant the positive side effect it has when people wanted to mass buy certain items to manipulate the market. not you meeting other players and doing conversation.

But the current system actually helps those price fixers. It permits them to place an item for a deliberately low price, causing noobs and impatient people to list their own items at that price for a quick sale. And guess who snaps them up? The price fixer. And their lowball item is only left there snaring people because they can ignore the purchase whispers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info