Trading is the worst experience I have in this game

"
nicky2tymes wrote:
I understand people being busy, but a simple "sorry in lab, can you wait a sec?" isn't too hard. I've had that happen a few times.

BUT, repeat offenders that consistently don't answer (price fixing I guess) need to be subject to some penalty. Something like if x amount of different people report them for non-response, they get a marker on their name for price fixing. This would be removable through successful trades in succession. I know it's likely not happening, but I'd sure like a way to see who is bullshitting.

it's not busy people. If I can answer back with literally one click they can do it also. They are just price fixers that fills pages and pages of items at the trading shops. Thats what I am saying.
"
Espada86 wrote:

Ok there is another issue here, it seems that the community do not undestand that it is not people that do not want to leave a map to sell an item. Those people are just price fixers that fill pages with their fake sells and actually make trading a bad experience because they want to get a map a little bit more cheap.

As long as you justify and/or deny the issue there will be no solution.

Come on, be realistic. What pricefixers? On crappy "Bazaar" map? Who would bother about setting prices on such a commodity? To gain... what? 1 alch per map? It is simply ridiculous. Yes, there are pricefixers, but in the case of very popular items whose prices start at 20c. Like some divination cards or rare prophecies (trash to treasure). But Bazaar? OMG.
This is one thing that I do not understand about trading. If a 1 alch or a 1 chaos item is not worth the time to leave a map, then why put these items up for sale in the first place???

I only put 5c or more items up for sale or anything I think would be worth the time.
"
GreyHawkRoy wrote:
This is one thing that I do not understand about trading. If a 1 alch or a 1 chaos item is not worth the time to leave a map, then why put these items up for sale in the first place???

I only put 5c or more items up for sale or anything I think would be worth the time.

Reason is simple. Seller wants to sell in bulk, like I do with some maps or prophecies. Most of buyers knows about that, so they ask for a specific amount, as they can see, I got plenty. Personally I always asking "how many?" and if it is solely "2c" transaction, then answer is "bulk only". But somebody doesn't want to bother.
I had this kind of problem, even for buying 3-4 ex weapon. I was asking myself if people answer less while delving?!

In fact, the only good reason to keep this old system is too keep stuff as long as possible in stash... And thus sell more storage space MTX.
Hello,

I feel your frustration. It happened a bit to me yesterday, while nobody out of the first ~10 people I whispered for a Caldera map would respond. Mind you, the price was from 8 scours to 3.5 chaos, probably worth going back to the hideout for.

I guess you can do 3 things about it, depending on your ambition:
1. Be persistent, whisper many many people one after another, accept the first invite, don't care about the rest (in case the item is sold at the same price, i.e. a map or currency)
2. Find alternatives, as in ask the in-game trade, or the trade forum (I've never done that), or even your global chat (you might get mocked).
3. Do something else, maybe a Delve, to forget your frustration, try later.

After these people refused to take my currency, I went to play Starcraft 2 with a buddy. Oh well. I guess I would like to see an in-game version of this shop sometime, but then maybe I'd regret buying premium stash tabs, even though they've been serving well.

Have fun in the end, it's just a game~
One's demise is always one's own making.
Last edited by azgabast on Oct 17, 2018, 9:13:34 AM
"
Espada86 wrote:
"
nicky2tymes wrote:
I understand people being busy, but a simple "sorry in lab, can you wait a sec?" isn't too hard. I've had that happen a few times.

BUT, repeat offenders that consistently don't answer (price fixing I guess) need to be subject to some penalty. Something like if x amount of different people report them for non-response, they get a marker on their name for price fixing. This would be removable through successful trades in succession. I know it's likely not happening, but I'd sure like a way to see who is bullshitting.

it's not busy people. If I can answer back with literally one click they can do it also. They are just price fixers that fills pages and pages of items at the trading shops. Thats what I am saying.

Yes I'm aware of that, hence the second paragraph.
No one in their right mind can justify the trading system Path of Exile currently has. It's terrible. So defending the system just puts you in a bad spot right away.

Sure, there are workarounds. Yes, a lot of people "are doing it wrong" and have a lot to learn about the system. That does not mean that the system is great and doesn't need improvements.

The only reason why GGG haven't implemented something better, is that the balance between game difficulty, economy and loot is almost impossible to find. You need a trading system that doesn't make items you find even more useless than they are today. You also need a system that preserves the economy. And lastly, you need a system that doesn't force them to lower drop rates because of how easy it becomes to acquire gear.

It's like that famous Winston Churchill quote:

"
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time

The trading system we have today is crap. But the alternatives also have a LOT of dark sides.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Thats why we have revolutions.
"
Espada86 wrote:
But seriously, the fact that I have to use like 3 different programs and have to stay constantly checking different websites to check all this stuff... it simply means that there are some serious issues with trading in this game.

Which programs? Are you talking about something like Path of Building or specific trade programs?

But seriously, I made the switch to pathofexile.com/trade pretty much as soon as it was available. It's pretty nice.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info