Trading is the worst experience I have in this game

I love trading, it's one of the things that sets poe apart from other games, and also it's the only interaction with other people for me since i don't have any friends that play this game. Now it has it's downsides:

- pricefixers, even though they are easy to spot out because of experience, but for newer players they are a big problem.

- people that lists their items for silly prices and don't bargain, however that's their right so nothing to do about that. It's quite annoying though, i imagine they end up with a bunch of tabs full of items that didn't sell each league.

- People taking to long to meet up in the hideout after invite, feels so disrespectfull to waste other peoples time. If you are in a long delve or in a Zana i can understand, but just running a map then it's quick to tp out do the trade and then continue with the map.

These are rare occasions though, usually trading goes smooth. Also feels good when you sell something.

"
Lampskärm wrote:
I love trading, it's one of the things that sets poe apart from other games, and also it's the only interaction with other people for me since i don't have any friends that play this game. Now it has it's downsides:

- pricefixers, even though they are easy to spot out because of experience, but for newer players they are a big problem.

- people that lists their items for silly prices and don't bargain, however that's their right so nothing to do about that. It's quite annoying though, i imagine they end up with a bunch of tabs full of items that didn't sell each league.

- People taking to long to meet up in the hideout after invite, feels so disrespectfull to waste other peoples time. If you are in a long delve or in a Zana i can understand, but just running a map then it's quick to tp out do the trade and then continue with the map.

These are rare occasions though, usually trading goes smooth. Also feels good when you sell something.

This guy said interaction really?

LOL
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
There is some interaction, like putting people who offer you 50c for your 2ex item on ignore.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
There is some interaction, like putting people who offer you 50c for your 2ex item on ignore.

I often invite them, and let them wait for nothing on my hideout :)
There will be no auction house in this game ever. Deal with it. So if you want to buy something you have to find more efficient ways to do it, op. No one has to answer you or sell you anything. Deal with it also.
Getting flashbacks from all the people who said "deal with it" about desync.
No discussion on "why no auction house" please. It's been hashed and rehashed to death in other threads and GGG is steadfast and will NEVER have an AH in PoE. Enough said.

Now the OP is most definitely correct that what GGG has in PoE, trade chat, and whispering WTB (oh the whispers... they haunt me so) is so far and away the crudest, most last century programming and is terrible for a 2018 arpg to ever have. It's not old school arpg, it's no school and GGG should be so embarrassed by this method of trading that they would have fixed it by now. But GGG hasn't changed it and it's totally baffling why they haven't done so with their focus on PoE being trade-centric (hence the 99.99% garbage drops) such that farming currency to buy the item you need for your current build is exactly "working as intended" by GGG logic (if they have any about trading).

There's not much that can be done about the scammers, every game with trade will always have scammers. But as for the all too frequent silence to our WTB whispers the answer is right in front of GGG and they should have been eager to be on the cutting edge of arpg trading. All GGG needs to do is code a smart phone app for selling items so all sellers can be instant messaged of a WTB and not miss them because we can't be logged in 24/7. Frankly I think it's the height of stupidity on GGG to expect us to be logged in just to sell. Only the no-lifers and streamers benefit from this, everyone else with real lives is screwed on selling much. The flip side of an instant messaging sellers app is that the buyer won't eat static on the WTB whispers as much (where the fuck is the seller!). And for the sellers that are making a lab run or are otherwise in a higher tier map and don't want stop just now they could conduct the trade from their cell phone and stay in the map (just find a safe space to stop for a couple of minutes to conduct the sale from their phone app) and then resume playing. Very simple and elegant solution.

So GGG, what's your excuse for keeping trading in the stone age forever?
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Getting flashbacks from all the people who said "deal with it" about desync.

The difference with desync is that everyone wanted it changed/fixed, including GGG. The separation in the community came with the how to fix it. The impatient crowd knew the easy fix was to have a lot more of the game processed/stored locally so that there was little to no synchronization issues with a remote server.

GGG stubbornly refused to push the most critical functions of the game to the client, and eventually had their cake and ate it too with the implementation of lockstep.

One lesson you could take from that is things may get resolved over time. Another thing to take from that is GGG didn't budge on their core design principle about what is done on the servers. The latter point is more relevant to this discussion.
Last edited by Nubatron on Oct 17, 2018, 11:03:48 AM
Aaaah but in the end when it comes to money they can budge.
"
Espada86 wrote:
"
nicky2tymes wrote:
I understand people being busy, but a simple "sorry in lab, can you wait a sec?" isn't too hard. I've had that happen a few times.

BUT, repeat offenders that consistently don't answer (price fixing I guess) need to be subject to some penalty. Something like if x amount of different people report them for non-response, they get a marker on their name for price fixing. This would be removable through successful trades in succession. I know it's likely not happening, but I'd sure like a way to see who is bullshitting.

it's not busy people. If I can answer back with literally one click they can do it also. They are just price fixers that fills pages and pages of items at the trading shops. Thats what I am saying.

Yes, that's totally it. Because people are so very eager to get alleyways for an alch.

But even if I could get 2c per alleyway, 2c isn't motivating enough for me to interrupt whatever I'm doing unless I was already in the HO sorting.

I mean if you're already mid delve, and someone asks for a 1 alch item, they're very unlikely to wait and its clearly not worth stopping everything for that one trade. So, the natural answer is to ignore it, since you would if you weren't afk to respond anyway and most people simply aren't courteous and only concerned with themselves.

But on a serious note, the easiest way to speed up your map trading process is buy in bulk, even if you only really need one for the atlas completion.
Yep, totally over league play.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info