Trading is the worst experience I have in this game

It's really horrible especially when you are looking for specific maps for atlas. A lot of times I spent half hour spamming other people whispers just to get a map I need which is annoying. Either it should be automated where you can directly buy from other person stash or there should be some sort of automated trade system because trading is one of aspects that is the most annoying in late game.
"
Lampskärm wrote:
I love trading, it's one of the things that sets poe apart from other games, and also it's the only interaction with other people for me since i don't have any friends that play this game. Now it has it's downsides:

- pricefixers, even though they are easy to spot out because of experience, but for newer players they are a big problem.

- people that lists their items for silly prices and don't bargain, however that's their right so nothing to do about that. It's quite annoying though, i imagine they end up with a bunch of tabs full of items that didn't sell each league.

- People taking to long to meet up in the hideout after invite, feels so disrespectfull to waste other peoples time. If you are in a long delve or in a Zana i can understand, but just running a map then it's quick to tp out do the trade and then continue with the map.

These are rare occasions though, usually trading goes smooth. Also feels good when you sell something.

"Hi, I'd like to buy X item for Y currency."
*Repeat multiple times until you actually find an active seller*
*Seller invites buyer to party*
*Buyer joins and goes to seller's hideout*
*Both people do the trade*
"thx"
*Buyer or seller leaves the party*

Much socializing, very interaction, wow. This is the majority of my experience when it comes to trading.

There would be no difference if we swapped to something automated, except the mountain of people who don't respond to trade offers would be gone instantly.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
It's not just sellers, I have bots messaging me to buy and then cancel party invite in 0.01 seconds.

I'd love to be able to buy stuff for price seller has listed. This would instantly eliminate price fixers.

"
Pizzarugi wrote:

Much socializing, very interaction, wow. This is the majority of my experience when it comes to trading.

There would be no difference if we swapped to something automated, except the mountain of people who don't respond to trade offers would be gone instantly.

Because it has nothing to do with “players interaction”. The main goal is to keep the player playing as long as possible. And only this is the reason for all these artificial obstacles such as "death penalty" or a nightmare slowdown of reaching lvl 100. Or all inconveniences with “labyrinth”, sulpshit, azushit and countless other annoying obstacles. But they have to somehow justify it, so they came up with a nonsense argument about "players interaction". Of course immediately fanboys and fanatics appeared, who have "bought" it and will defend this and every other stupidity to death :)
This is very true. The more you play the higher the chance you buy some overpriced MTX. If the game was pay to play it wouldn't have been this bad.
"
RastahMan wrote:
...A lot of times I spent half hour spamming other people whispers just to...

Fully agreed. Which is why I suggested that POE should run special trade bots for that purpose. These would always answer, always trade. See thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2238905

(Shameless plug, I know, but I believe this would really solve your problem.)
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
The more you play the higher the chance you buy some overpriced MTX.
I wish GGG understood that this is not true for everybody.

I supported back when the Vaal skills were added because I had so much more fun than before that time. I did not get any characters past the 40s level wise so I am fairly certain I didn't put that much time into it.

I came back a while later and played around during Perandus league. I got at least 5 characters up to mapping, and one or two of them up to 80 or so. At that time I donated $0. Yeah, I spent more time... but I had a lot less fun.

Some people value quality over quantity.
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"Hi, I'd like to buy X item for Y currency."
*Repeat multiple times until you actually find an active seller*
*Seller invites buyer to party*
*Buyer joins and goes to seller's hideout*
*Both people do the trade*
"thx"
*Buyer or seller leaves the party*

Yep, the 'player interaction' reasoning is risible. POE is an excellent game hampered by an utterly primitive view of player convenience, and I don't just mean trade. The game experience for a new player is decidedly unwelcoming; the only reason the game really got up and running is because players saw the potential and provided resources to patch GGG's shortfalls.

GGG is no longer a tiny independent startup; it really has no excuse left for such shortfalls.

"
SisterBlister wrote:
"
RastahMan wrote:
...A lot of times I spent half hour spamming other people whispers just to...

Fully agreed. Which is why I suggested that POE should run special trade bots for that purpose. These would always answer, always trade. See thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2238905

(Shameless plug, I know, but I believe this would really solve your problem.)

As a contrast to this, the suggestion I and multiple others have made is probably even simpler - turn the 'whisper' function on the GGG trade site into a 'purchase' button, with the item being delivered to your stash and the currency subtracted with no need for chasing people. I don't care if they implement this with heavy restrictions - limited uses per time / a cooldown between uses as one example, or currency only for another - simply removing the totally random human element is all that is necessary.
"
Holmiester wrote:
As a contrast to this, the suggestion I and multiple others have made is probably even simpler - turn the 'whisper' function on the GGG trade site into a 'purchase' button...

Yeah, this has been suggested a lot, but it seems GGG does not want to make trading that easy.

My suggestion changes nothing regarding finding the stuff you need or losing portals to trade or anything. It also allows user to see the seller's MTX in the hope of animating them to buy some.
It simply adds traders which will always answer asap and will sell at the advertised price. I think this "band aid" would already alleviate a huge part of the complaints about trade.

And it should not need much programming, just what is needed to get a bot up and running. These are available and I'm sure GGG experiments with them already to better know how to stomp on them...
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
SisterBlister wrote:

Yeah, this has been suggested a lot, but it seems GGG does not want to make trading that easy.

My guess is the reason for this is because if trading didn't require human interaction then the GGG concern is that the RMT bot folks would destroy the economy. What would happen would be exactly what destroyed the economy in Diablo 3 and forced Blizzard to disable all trading in D3.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info