[3.8] [SC] TheEmperorSlayer's Autobomber - Pushing Boundaries

glacier build confirmed dont try higher
"
glacier build confirmed dont try higher

Agree to disagree, ive been running herald bombers for several leagues, and this league is no stranger to my addiction when i heard that theyre changing so that mobs could shatter in the mechanic, so far i've comfortably cleared up to t15 whilst reshaping my atlas or just fucking around.

While its sad to see Cospri's go, the 3.7 changes along with The Rippling Thoughts granted us a very respectable increase to single target damage, making most bosses trivial, unless they're multi phased.

The biggest hit the build took recently if you ask me is the increase in cost to shield charge, making for some fucky flat mana cost to skill enchants mandatory if youre looking to bring your shield charge down to a flat 0.
First, I want to thank you for this guide, I've had a lot of fun playing it so far.

Sadly, I've been dying a lot lately and leveling has slowed to a grinding halt.

If it's not too much effort, could you take a look at my character TooPoorForDamage and see if there's anything I could make a major improvement on with 5 ex+~270 chaos? Sadly, I can't afford that Headhunter which looks incredibly fun in your video.

And a different question, how did you move so smoothly through the sewers? Whenever I shield charge anywhere with this character, he seems to freeze in place for a split second after landing or he just stands there throwing out Storm Cascades from The Rippling thoughts instead of dashing.
"
Mathametic wrote:

If it's not too much effort, could you take a look at my character TooPoorForDamage and see if there's anything I could make a major improvement on with 5 ex+~270 chaos? Sadly, I can't afford that Headhunter which looks incredibly fun in your video.

And a different question, how did you move so smoothly through the sewers? Whenever I shield charge anywhere with this character, he seems to freeze in place for a split second after landing or he just stands there throwing out Storm Cascades from The Rippling thoughts instead of dashing.

I have the same issues. Spent about 25ex on this build on my guy Bobombb, and I can't kill any t4 bosses before they kill me, or as soon as I run over desecration or get burned, I'm toast. I know i need a few more resists but it feels like this is wayyy too squishy to be viable without anything but the very very best gear, and even then I feel like it would die a lot. I also have the issues with dashing not being smooth, getting stuck in one place or not moving at all, or lag meaning I dash in to a pack and it kills me before the next dash gets off. I want to love this build but at this rate I dont think I can make it beyond level 80.
"
Mathametic wrote:
First, I want to thank you for this guide, I've had a lot of fun playing it so far.

Hello, your character looks OK overall, the worst rare item you're wearing is without a doubt your ring, but everything else is usable at this point in the league.

I recommend you drop your Bismuth Flask for a The Wise Oak, grab a +30 Dexterity node and replace your rare jewel with a real jewel, small improvements amount to big differences.

Shield Charge can be cancelled with inputs from other skills, or simply the "Move only" command. I always keep "Move only" pressed (M1), to combine both and make movement smooth.

"
aoism wrote:
I have the same issues. Spent about 25ex on this build on my guy Bobombb, and I can't kill any t4 bosses before they kill me, or as soon as I run over desecration or get burned, I'm toast. I know i need a few more resists but it feels like this is wayyy too squishy to be viable without anything but the very very best gear, and even then I feel like it would die a lot. I also have the issues with dashing not being smooth, getting stuck in one place or not moving at all, or lag meaning I dash in to a pack and it kills me before the next dash gets off. I want to love this build but at this rate I dont think I can make it beyond level 80.
A quick look to your profile reveals that your rares have a grand total of 77 life combined. I personally have master-crafted life on all my rares and it still amounts to 291, and I do not consider master-crafted life to be the very very best gear. You're also missing 216 life from levels, I hope you see where I'm going with this (don't get me started on uncapped resists). Your most immediate improvement would be getting a Watcher's Eye to guarantee you always land critical strikes, then focus on life, you'll easily have enough damage for T4 map bosses.
Im currently using the Build to do T5 maps (burial chamber) and im fine with the boss usualy. sometimes a general causes problems though. but it has pretty good clearspeed.
Thanks for your tips, I´ve gotten a ring which I think is better and with some fiddling, allowed me to at least balance my Lightning and Cold resists to work with The Wise Oak. Got a new jewel and had this one laying around as well.

And this is the one I bought after looking at your character profile, the first one seems to give me more damage but I'm not sure which is actually better :thinking:
"
Mathametic wrote:
Thanks for your tips, I´ve gotten a ring which I think is better and with some fiddling, allowed me to at least balance my Lightning and Cold resists to work with The Wise Oak. Got a new jewel and had this one laying around as well.

And this is the one I bought after looking at your character profile, the first one seems to give me more damage but I'm not sure which is actually better :thinking:
Hello, I personally like to use the rare jewel to squeeze in some extra attack speed, which is criminally important to make the build feel as fluid and enjoyable as possible. My advice would be to swap to the second one when your damage feels good enough.
Last edited by b0moodc on Jun 30, 2019, 7:01:32 AM
"
b0moodc wrote:
"
Mathametic wrote:

Hello, I personally like to use the rare jewel to squeeze in some extra attack speed, which is criminally important to make the build feel as fluid and enjoyable as possible. My advice would be to swap to the second one when your damage feels good enough.

Alright, thank you again for the help, I really appreciate it.
Have meant to give this build a try for a while, finally got round to it this league.

Not for me though. This would be amazing if it weren't for shield charge...it's horrendous. Half the maps are filled with invisible clutter that stub your toe, makes you want to put your fist through the screen.

Doesn't help that the few maps it really shines, toxic sewer etc. is pretty terrible for the league mechanic.

If they ever sort out movement skills i'll give it another go,

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info