[3.8] [SC] TheEmperorSlayer's Autobomber - Pushing Boundaries

"
Ultraxite wrote:
Hey, decided to come back to this build after a while, and i gotta say it is refreshing having such high clearspeed after playing much more fair builds for a while.

That said, I'm finding it really hard to survive with this build at lvl 90, with a fully geared character. I have ~3.9k life and 1.2k ES, capped resists with wise oak, as well as using atziri's promise and kiara's determination for defences. Im using the traditional shield charge setup and changed to the rippling thoughts to maintain high clearspeed. I ended up even being able to get a headhunter from a different character that i was using a while ago, and it definitely makes maps crazier when i get double beyond and not too rippy mods. However, sometimes it just isnt enough. even in maps with very mediocre mods, and oftentimes double beyond scenarios, I just die to random shit all the time. something will often just instantly drain my health, or a rare/unique beyond monster will just one shot me and I cant do enough damage even with HH stacks and heralds and shield charging into him. even in maps as low as t10 I can die to basically anything even with stacks up, and t16s are a 50/50 gamble on whether ill die or not. I have somewhere close to 100 deaths so far and cant get past lvl 90 due to exp loss.

I have all the recommended gear, and followed your skill tree exactly where possible. yet, i still feel like i dont have enough damage and i just die too often. if i get HH stacks going early, and get 8k+ ES and tonnes of extra damage, i can just insta-nuke the map and it feels amazing, yet this is by far not the majority of maps. I just dont know what to do, and its really killing my enthusiasm for the game.

I was really looking forward to coming back and playing a super high clearspeed build and grinding t16s for lvl 100, and made a flicker strike char which never ended up working well (since they fucked flicker strike so it basically doesnt hit 1/3 of the time) and decided to come back to this. Yet this build feels even weaker than when i last played it in 3.5 without a HH, primarily running elder toxic sewers. Now i feel weak as hell and demotivated.

any advice would be great.

POB: https://pastebin.com/VHuZZAWm

Hey, that's a great write-up. I meant to post a reply for everyone to see but as you probably noticed I just ended up whispering you ingame. Let me know how it goes.
How this build do without HH ? waste of time ?
"
EzBreesy wrote:

I am currently playing this without a Headhunter. But with two Inspired Learnings. Loving it so far.

The Monolith clear is a bit slow after freeing the mobs, because they can not be shattered and this takes out a lot of our damage. I use Esh's Mirror to have better clear of those bigger mobs. Running tier 4 and tier 5 maps only currently. For higher maps I use another character.

Does anyone have some hints of how to clear monoliths faster?

Loving the feeling of the build!
"
EzBreesy wrote:
It feels way worse, but in reality it's about the same playstyle, just not as fast and you actually need to watch out for danger.

Pre 3.7 video
Last edited by b0moodc on Jun 19, 2019, 1:34:43 PM
With Rippling Thoughts not needing to hit to cast the cascade, I'm trying out a quality Culling Strike instead of accuracy for increased shield-charging speed. It still hits often enough that I don't seem to have any issue keeping Fortify up.

What do you folks think of this swap? Now that we're not using Cospri, is there any reason to keep the accuracy support?
So smooth with the shatters since the patch 3.7.2!
"
Toraeus wrote:
With Rippling Thoughts not needing to hit to cast the cascade, I'm trying out a quality Culling Strike instead of accuracy for increased shield-charging speed. It still hits often enough that I don't seem to have any issue keeping Fortify up.

What do you folks think of this swap? Now that we're not using Cospri, is there any reason to keep the accuracy support?
I personally enjoy the high chance to hit. Since the rework, Shield Charge deals over 200000 damage per second on its own. However, if you'd like to drop some damage and consistency in favour of speed, consider Enhance: up to +24% (+32% with vaaled gloves) movement speed.
Last edited by b0moodc on Jun 20, 2019, 8:29:15 AM
"
Legion Monsters can now be Frozen and their corpses can be destroyed after being broken out from their crystals.

Patch 3.7.2

We have been freed
"
lipin25 wrote:
"
Legion Monsters can now be Frozen and their corpses can be destroyed after being broken out from their crystals.

Patch 3.7.2

We have been freed
Thanks for the notice! Edited main post.
An chance of videos for 3.7 with the new patch out?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info