[3.5] Geti's Thunderous Applause (Static Strike Smite Mjolner Minions)

Thanks for the build incredibly helpful.
Last edited by ZekeAsakura on Sep 19, 2018, 2:22:27 PM
"
kewkie wrote:
Herald of Purity doesnt do much at low levels I guess?

Its basically that smite and static strike carries you to mapping, HoP shines with passive tree and ascendancy I assume.

They shine against bosses as always, if you want see them pull double time grab an early +minions helm and chuck minion damage/speed on them, but for general clearing you'll find that Static Strike and Smite are more than sufficient yes.

If you're gonna give priority to one passive point on the tree, make it Spiritual Aid so you're gaining the benefits of minion damage along with your sentinels.
So I took this build and changed it into discharge and so far its working out like a semi autobomber with the new static strike. To look at it just check my profile and character. I know I have loads of room for improvements but just incase it helps you think of something else.
Last edited by ZekeAsakura on Sep 20, 2018, 1:09:45 AM
"
ZekeAsakura wrote:
So I took this build and changed it into discharge and so far its working out like a semi autobomber with the new static strike. To look at it just check my profile and character. I know I have loads of room for improvements but just incase it helps you think of something else.

Checked your character, don't forget to use smite, as I saw that it wasn't present in your links currently.

Also, your Herald of Purity should be in its own 4 link in your helmet, and supported by Minion Speed + Damage and Melee Physical Damage, otherwise you're gimping yourself WAY hard for single target.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the build, it's the first one I'm getting to use this league due to school and it's been very fun. It feels very odd playing a build that crosses melee, spell and minion at once.

What would you socket for a sixth link? Added phys?

"
Thanks for the build, it's the first one I'm getting to use this league due to school and it's been very fun. It feels very odd playing a build that crosses melee, spell and minion at once.

What would you socket for a sixth link? Added phys?

I'll share my link setup currently

Static Srike > Fortify > Ancestral Call > Faster Attacks > Culling Strike

Following the pattern, I'd probably just select another utility link, though I'm not sure what, I've considered increased AoE but we already get a hefty 40% from guardian so it wouldn't be too crazy effective, maybe chain?

At the end of the day a 6link for me would be actively detrimental even, as if you'd check my character I am VERY socket starved, and rearranging my jewellery to get a +2/3 unset ring for my wrath is unappealing, though is an option.

I originally had a Curse on Hit Conductivity setup, but it didn't really matter because SS and Arc are just for clearing and they already do that, and the curse doesn't help much against beefier stuff.

Feel free to message me ingame @Brapp_Zannigan with any questions as well!
Last edited by Geti on Sep 20, 2018, 5:57:32 PM
"
Geti wrote:

I'll share my link setup currently

Static Srike > Fortify > Ancestral Call > Faster Attacks > Culling Strike

Following the pattern, I'd probably just select another utility link, though I'm not sure what, I've considered increased AoE but we already get a hefty 40% from guardian so it wouldn't be too crazy effective, maybe chain?

At the end of the day a 6link for me would be actively detrimental even, as if you'd check my character I am VERY socket starved, and rearranging my jewellery to get a +2/3 unset ring for my wrath is unappealing, though is an option.

I originally had a Curse on Hit Conductivity setup, but it didn't really matter because SS and Arc are just for clearing and they already do that, and the curse doesn't help much against beefier stuff.

Feel free to message me ingame @Brapp_Zannigan with any questions as well!

This whole time I was thinking about SS all wrong! Thanks for the info - in that case, I may sit down and run the math on chain vs. increased duration support as a matter of QoL

Have you considered dropping the boots for the Brine King pantheon?
"
This whole time I was thinking about SS all wrong! Thanks for the info - in that case, I may sit down and run the math on chain vs. increased duration support as a matter of QoL

Have you considered dropping the boots for the Brine King pantheon?

Hell. No. I dropped Brine King FOR the boots. This also allowed me to get the extra recovery and DoT resistance from Arakaali.

See, my goal was downing Uber Elder, and being stunned literally at all often confirms death. You are of course free to use whatever bootsies suit your appetite, goals differ, needs change.

That all said, whirling blades is a great alternative to having... movement speed.
Last edited by Geti on Sep 20, 2018, 11:38:44 PM
I'm having a great time with this build. Started out as Dominating Blow but got hard to scale damage into red maps but this is fun and more interesting.

My only question is what flasks do you recommend? Right now I have a life flask, Rotgut (a must) and 3 utility flasks (sulphur, silver, basalt). Is that a good setup or would there be a better option? Would vessel be a good choice? (never used it before) Thanks for the build, having a great time with it
"
Redman2112 wrote:
I'm having a great time with this build. Started out as Dominating Blow but got hard to scale damage into red maps but this is fun and more interesting.

My only question is what flasks do you recommend? Right now I have a life flask, Rotgut (a must) and 3 utility flasks (sulphur, silver, basalt). Is that a good setup or would there be a better option? Would vessel be a good choice? (never used it before) Thanks for the build, having a great time with it

Make sure your sulphur is set up for curse immunity and duration, personally I'm using a second life flask over a basalt flask, but I think both setups work just fine.

Edit: Noticed you asked about Vessel, taking 50% increased damage is not what I'm all about.
Last edited by Geti on Sep 21, 2018, 8:07:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info