[3.5] Geti's Thunderous Applause (Static Strike Smite Mjolner Minions)

"
Karthalin wrote:
Any updates? I almost have the same gear setup here, slightly different. Wanting to know if you've found improvements before I start spending some large chunks of Chaos.

Also, you mentioned Loreweave as a good "expensive" piece of gear. Any others you can recommend? I picked up a

and

They seem to be working well together. Looking for any help with this build, its a TON of fun. I dont have faster attack speed on my Leap Slam so not the fastest clearing at the moment, but a flask helps with that.

That belt is out dated garbage brah. No idea why you would use it.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jan 31, 2019, 1:33:22 AM
"
Xetian wrote:
Hey guys, I've been having a lot of fun with the build, but I feel like the melee range is getting me popped more than I'm used to on my ranged builds. I have a high level immortal call on the sceptre cast, but large chaos degens and elemental piercing effects are obliterating me. Tree in current state can't really path to any of the avoidance nodes and I have 3 end or immortal call up constantly.

Are you guys also feeling squishy? I don't want to facetank endgame bosses but it would be nice if I could clear T16 shaper guardians without being fully clenched the whole time.

Sorry for late reply, err, no you shouldn't be feeling very squishy, did you underprioritize regeneration and life nodes?

"
Karthalin wrote:
Any updates? I almost have the same gear setup here, slightly different. Wanting to know if you've found improvements before I start spending some large chunks of Chaos.

Also, you mentioned Loreweave as a good "expensive" piece of gear. Any others you can recommend? I picked up a

and

They seem to be working well together. Looking for any help with this build, its a TON of fun. I dont have faster attack speed on my Leap Slam so not the fastest clearing at the moment, but a flask helps with that.

You really need to drop those, focus on rares with life before anything else, seriously. Other than that err, no, not really any updates, i'll revise the build again once the new league starts, I've been finished with betrayal for about a month sadly haha.
Last edited by Geti on Jan 31, 2019, 12:01:13 PM
So i'm trying this build in the new league, What's your feeling on the new unique ring that can buff Herald and the sentinel damage ? now im not even sure if i want to go for a minion damage helmet or the baron :S
"
Aduine wrote:
So i'm trying this build in the new league, What's your feeling on the new unique ring that can buff Herald and the sentinel damage ? now im not even sure if i want to go for a minion damage helmet or the baron :S

Not sure how the new Herald ring interacts with it, though I was under the impression that it only affected the buff that it applies to you, making it semi-worthless to us. (If I'm wrong can you link me a version of the ring that helps sentinels? Sounds like it could be neat.)

The Baron is definitely just what you wanna use this league, barring any silly synthesized items or uniques discovered/added halfway through.

The main problem the build has this league is that arc got hit REAAAALLY hard, that doesn't really change how we fight bosses, but it does change how we map. You may opt for using a different spell like wave of conviction, but that just sounds worse.

Personally, I'm skipping the build this league, and likely won't update it for 3.6, but I can still answer questions.

On a side note, if you want to go for stats REALLY hard you can try out the new chest that grants Divinity, but that sounds like money.

I guess the bigger elephant in the room is why this isn't just ES/mana guardian at this point, the top end is certainly better and they have some fancier access to recovery mechanics (spell es leech) but it mainly just comes down to mana guardian is for rich people and the average Mjolner-joe just isn't stacking that kind of paper.
Last edited by Geti on Mar 12, 2019, 4:30:32 AM
"
Geti wrote:
"
Aduine wrote:

Not sure how the new Herald ring interacts with it, though I was under the impression that it only affected the buff that it applies to you, making it semi-worthless to us. (If I'm wrong can you link me a version of the ring that helps sentinels? Sounds like it could be neat.)

The Baron is definitely just what you wanna use this league, barring any silly synthesized items or uniques discovered/added halfway through.

The main problem the build has this league is that arc got hit REAAAALLY hard, that doesn't really change how we fight bosses, but it does change how we map. You may opt for using a different spell like wave of conviction, but that just sounds worse.

Personally, I'm skipping the build this league, and likely won't update it for 3.6, but I can still answer questions.

On a side note, if you want to go for stats REALLY hard you can try out the new chest that grants Divinity, but that sounds like money.

I guess the bigger elephant in the room is why this isn't just ES/mana guardian at this point, the top end is certainly better and they have some fancier access to recovery mechanics (spell es leech) but it mainly just comes down to mana guardian is for rich people and the average Mjolner-joe just isn't stacking that kind of paper.

Yo, asking here so i can keep a record while i'm at work:

Now what i was wondering if it could be worth it to switch to The coming Calamity to get a 6L herald of purity and maybe keeping baron for the damage inc, and this way i could run another aura and save 4 point for aura node on the talent tree. I've seen not many people try this build so im kinda confuse on where to go now to get the best upgrade/ end game gear possible. Right now lvl 73 only reg lab done, im blazing through mob and boss like i've never done it before, once you equip the mjolner the build just make so much sens. Every shot of Arc is so powerful, i can't believe i couldn't try this build in his prime.

So yeah. If you could try to tell me a list of like super duper endgame gear to wish for. would help cause right now it's a bit easy and my static strike is on a 2L lol. not even funny.
"
Aduine wrote:
"
Geti wrote:
"
Aduine wrote:

Yo, asking here so i can keep a record while i'm at work:

Now what i was wondering if it could be worth it to switch to The coming Calamity to get a 6L herald of purity and maybe keeping baron for the damage inc, and this way i could run another aura and save 4 point for aura node on the talent tree. I've seen not many people try this build so im kinda confuse on where to go now to get the best upgrade/ end game gear possible. Right now lvl 73 only reg lab done, im blazing through mob and boss like i've never done it before, once you equip the mjolner the build just make so much sens. Every shot of Arc is so powerful, i can't believe i couldn't try this build in his prime.

So yeah. If you could try to tell me a list of like super duper endgame gear to wish for. would help cause right now it's a bit easy and my static strike is on a 2L lol. not even funny.

it's mostly just jewellery that makes things better?
Level 21 gems... that kinda thing.

You can drop the shield for another sceptre crafted for minion damage one way or another (essence crafting, fossils (i think), incursion rares, etc) like the one i have here

Elder belts with life recovery are also good:

I wouldn't really bother with The Coming Calamity, you lose a LOT defensively if you use it, and it isn't required at all.

Kaom's Roots is kinda non-negotiable for endgame bossing, try and get this enchant too:

A 5L for Static Strike is good, you want SS - Faster Attacks - Culling Strike - Fortify - Ancestral Call.
Sup my man! im now 90, love the build so far, it seem to lack some dps on my side cause i can't clear correctly alva temple during incursion. but im buying new gear super soon. here's what i got so far, and realized that i could run herald of ice on top of that if i use the new ring. here's what i bought so far.

So now im gonna need 1 ring and 1 glove with the missing resist life and Str. Cheer!
"
Aduine wrote:
Sup my man! im now 90, love the build so far, it seem to lack some dps on my side cause i can't clear correctly alva temple during incursion. but im buying new gear super soon. here's what i got so far, and realized that i could run herald of ice on top of that if i use the new ring. here's what i bought so far.

So now im gonna need 1 ring and 1 glove with the missing resist life and Str. Cheer!

Sorry to hear that it feels like you're lacking damage, you should invest in a +2 duration gems corrupted Baron and level 21 Herald of Purity if you have trouble killing architects and rares, or a level 21 Arc if it's trash mobs you're having issues with! Seems like you did a pretty great job acquiring items otherwise, here's hoping things improve.
Last edited by Geti on Mar 30, 2019, 6:44:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info