[3.5] Geti's Thunderous Applause (Static Strike Smite Mjolner Minions)

"
OzUnOo wrote:
Why Punishment instead of Hatred? PoB says it gives the bois more dmg. Also I was curious, how do you proc Arakaali? Theres no blood rage/IC combo, you just expect to get dots on you often?

Hatred is 50% mana, Punishment is 35%.

Arakaali is just for Shaper / Elder stuff, after you step off a degen or out of the beam it's good recovery, and the DoT resist is greatly appreciated.
can you get the 90% minion dammage on the scepter with alterations?
If not how do you get it?
Last edited by peponaros on Dec 16, 2018, 8:46:48 PM
"
peponaros wrote:
can you get the 90% minion dammage on the scepter with alterations?
If not how do you get it?

"
Geti wrote:
Though it has a hefty cooldown of 4 seconds, it can be used to have nearly 100% uptime on Stone Golem, Holy Relic, Molten Shell, or whatever other utility skill you could feasibly desire. With incursion affixes back in (specifically the 90~% minion damage affix (Citaqualotl's)) you can get a very nice competitor to The Scourge with relative ease.

Incursion, either as an Omnitect rare or a T3 minion room magic item.

Save yourself the trouble and buy one honestly.
I highly recommend the Grip of the Council gloves for this build, adds a nice boost to dmg. It makes sockets a bit tricky though, and I was hoping for some advice.

What should I put in the white socket on my glove? (see my profile):

1. Summon Stone Golem (lvl16): triggered by CWDT, gives me +107 life regen;

2. Molten Shell (lvl16): triggered by CWDT, gives me +6% phys. dmg reduction and a bit of aoe dmg;

3. Vaal Summon Skeletons (lvl20): Gives me ~480k dmg against bosses.

I'm not lacking in dmg, and more survival is always good, so i'm leaning more towards options 1 or 2. I'm eventually picking a Loreweave to fight Uber Elder so phys. reduction will become more valuable. What do you think?

"
OzUnOo wrote:
I highly recommend the Grip of the Council gloves for this build, adds a nice boost to dmg. It makes sockets a bit tricky though, and I was hoping for some advice.

What should I put in the white socket on my glove? (see my profile):

1. Summon Stone Golem (lvl16): triggered by CWDT, gives me +107 life regen;

2. Molten Shell (lvl16): triggered by CWDT, gives me +6% phys. dmg reduction and a bit of aoe dmg;

3. Vaal Summon Skeletons (lvl20): Gives me ~480k dmg against bosses.

I'm not lacking in dmg, and more survival is always good, so i'm leaning more towards options 1 or 2. I'm eventually picking a Loreweave to fight Uber Elder so phys. reduction will become more valuable. What do you think?

Definitely definitely DEFINITELY Stone Golem before anything else IMO. Armor is worthless against bosses and Molten Shell is literal garbage for damage, VSS is nice but if you were to use it you should be supporting it with.... stuff.

I agree Grip is nice, I personally prefer rare gloves because I like being a Thicc Guardian Boi.

I picked these up on a budget for my leap slam, feels nice, but it's definitely my next point for an upgrade.
Last edited by Geti on Dec 19, 2018, 3:38:46 PM
Just killed shaper deathless! Never done it on a 4-link, feelsgoodman \o/.

Overall I think the build got a bit more expensive (still cheap af since you dont even need a 5-link) but much, much stronger. Thx man!

Gonna try UElder next, not sure if I should wait to get a Loreweave, it might take a while.

"
OzUnOo wrote:
Just killed shaper deathless! Never done it on a 4-link, feelsgoodman \o/.

Overall I think the build got a bit more expensive (still cheap af since you dont even need a 5-link) but much, much stronger. Thx man!

Gonna try UElder next, not sure if I should wait to get a Loreweave, it might take a while.

Can drop something for a levelled Purity of Ice if you wanna attempt it early, pair it with a Kaltensoul or Aegis Aurora and you end up tankier than with Loreweave at the cost of damage and utility from the stat stick.

Congrats on your kill! I'm working on the same thing as you atm, red Elder is being illusive for me and making it difficult to complete my Zana quest, but I finally got him spawned recently.
I'm pretty new to this but for some reason after hitting level 70 I can't use Whirling Blades or Smite. I am using the same setup as you have listed in your gear section but they are both greyed out any Ideas? If I take off the claw I can use Smite and if I take off Mjolner I can use whirling. Help Please!
I can't check pob but I think you took oak from bandits. I ended up on your build after starting with something else an took the 2 skill points. Do you think I should repsec to oak or it is not that big of a deal?
Thanks
"
peponaros wrote:
I can't check pob but I think you took oak from bandits. I ended up on your build after starting with something else an took the 2 skill points. Do you think I should repsec to oak or it is not that big of a deal?
Thanks

It pretty much doesn't matter bud, I did take Oak but if you can get by while missing the regen and phys reduction then you'll be just fine, maybe if you hit a wall on a boss later you'll go back and take it.
Last edited by Geti on Dec 21, 2018, 1:27:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info