[3.5] Geti's Thunderous Applause (Static Strike Smite Mjolner Minions)

"
kewkie wrote:
How does it perform in mines? I am not planning to go super deep, but maybe in the middle range, something like.. 500? 600?

Works like a dream, hit a thing, smite a thing, sprint for 6~ seconds while everything dies, repeat until done.
Heya, trying out your build and I'm melting out red maps. Have you considered Inpulsa's over Loreweave? Also I'm not sure I'm doing single target right because my ST dps is pretty low on bosses. I've been maintaining 3 stack SS and using Smite for DPS while my HoP minions wail on the boss. Anything wrong in that rotation?

Thanks in advance
"
Deshy wrote:
Heya, trying out your build and I'm melting out red maps. Have you considered Inpulsa's over Loreweave? Also I'm not sure I'm doing single target right because my ST dps is pretty low on bosses. I've been maintaining 3 stack SS and using Smite for DPS while my HoP minions wail on the boss. Anything wrong in that rotation?

Thanks in advance

Just make sure your HoP boys are 4linked in a +minions helm and they should more than adequately do the job, make sure your Herald of Purity gem level is high too, 21 preferably.

I had considered Inpulsas yes, and it allows you to also abuse the Vessel of Vinktar, however for what my goal for the build was, (all content, sans HoGM) I really valued the max res increase of Loreweave much higher than basically anything else. That, coupled with the fact that I already didn't have trouble clearing, led me to skip out on the Inpulsas.

It should be noted that for bossing, about 90% of your damage is the sentinels, keeping them healthy with static strike refreshes and powerful with smite auras is the important part, even if you aren't doing much damage yourself.

Another damage option is a 6 linked Coming Calamity, but I imagine obtaining all the desired off colors for that would be extraordinarily rough.
Last edited by Geti on Sep 18, 2018, 4:15:39 PM
Whats your opinion on the elementalist way, like the guy from reddit suggested (LINK HERE).

I assume it would deal more damage, but is it better?

Might going to level this build later but I dont know if I should go guardian or elementalist.
Last edited by kewkie on Sep 18, 2018, 11:40:18 PM
"
kewkie wrote:
Whats your opinion on the elementalist way, like the guy from reddit suggested (LINK HERE).

I assume it would deal more damage, but is it better?

Might going to level this build later but I dont know if I should go guardian or elementalist.

Completely different build, and more expensive too, the point of this one is that we get away with having just enough arc damage and such to cream trash mobs while the Herald minions smash bosses. If you want your MAIN thing to be Mjolner and you have currency to burn then Elementalist would be fine, but I prefer my set up since it works from the word go.

Worth noting that at least defensively, Elementalist is going to suffer VERY hard without some serious investment.

TL;DR Elementalist can be considered the clearspeed version, and this can be considered the content clearer (not that this doesn't have clear speed, because it does in spades.)
Last edited by Geti on Sep 19, 2018, 12:36:03 AM
The two attacks are really necessary? Its viable to use just Smite or the loss of Static Strike will weaken the build too much?
"
Jaegersaur wrote:
The two attacks are really necessary? Its viable to use just Smite or the loss of Static Strike will weaken the build too much?

I mean, smite is the bare minimum, but static strike REALLY helps keep HoP sents alive in rougher boss fights, and also makes clearing a breeze, so yeah I really wouldn't drop either for any reason.
How to Level this ? arc ? Could you just Write some tips. im lvl 34 ish. Got the basic levling gear but its going a bit slow
"
mortenaa wrote:
How to Level this ? arc ? Could you just Write some tips. im lvl 34 ish. Got the basic levling gear but its going a bit slow

1. Get Smite and Static Strike

2. Get the highest upfront damage weapon you can (attack speed is always good, but not required for static strike) ((Think like, levelling 2 handed uniques, Edge of Madness is a decent choice until around level 50))

3. Pick up Wrath and Herald of Purity.

4. Use Smite

5. Use Static Strike

6. Walk around while both are up

7. After 4 seconds return to step 4

Follow that step by step and you'll be walking straight to maps.

It should be noted that for ease of use, ancestral call really needs to be used on both skills, besides that, phys to lightning > lightning pen > ele damage with attacks > whatever else honestly it doesn't really matter.
Last edited by Geti on Sep 19, 2018, 7:12:17 AM
Herald of Purity doesnt do much at low levels I guess?

Its basically that smite and static strike carries you to mapping, HoP shines with passive tree and ascendancy I assume.
Last edited by kewkie on Sep 19, 2018, 9:51:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info