3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

"
Skippsy wrote:
"
Ravennnnnn wrote:
In the item section, you write:
"

Body Armour:

Look for a rare body armour with some life and resistances for the start and later change to a shaper chest with the shaped suffix "Spells have +#% to Critical Strike Chance" (the higher the better). The mods "#% of Damage is taken from Mana before Life" and "Recover #% of Maximum Mana on Kill" are also good for the build.

But you never kill anything, your totems kill. Recovering mana on kill will do literally nothing at all, unless I totally misunderstand how that mod works.

Things got reworked in 3.4, if your totems or traps kill things or "attack" it counts. Only thing that this doesn't work with are things that ARENT attacks, like chaos auras, righteous fire, scorching ray, and anything that is similar that isn't a raw attack. This also means using a shimmeron with totems or traps also hurts you but with this build, 1 shimmeron is fine, 2 shimmeron is OP damage but also puts you at super high risk of dying.

Essentially your totems and traps are now a direct extension of you so their attacks are your attacks

The Shimmeron change is mentioned in the patch notes, but it says:
"
Unique Item Balance
Shimmeron now deals 200 Lightning damage per second per Power charge (down from 400). Using a Divine Orb on an existing copy of this item will update that item to new these values. Shimmeron will also deal that damage to you if your skills have dealt a critical strike recently, rather than just you. That means you will take the damage if any skill (including a trap, totem, or mine) deals a critical strike.

That sounds like they just changed how this one item works, to me. And I can't find anything in the patch notes about that totem change. Are you sure it's a thing?
Curious how deep people have taken this build in Delves? I tried RAT Toxic Rain and while it melted maps and bosses, it couldn't delve well at all (mainly tied to the delay in placing totems and them attacking, etc.). Wondering if Arc totems does any better? It seems totem builds need some serious defensive abilities in order to survive "fairly deep" delves...
All that and a bag of chips!
Last edited by Mooginator on Oct 15, 2018, 2:02:40 AM
"
Mooginator wrote:
Curious how deep people have taken this build in Delves? I tried RAT Toxic Rain and while it melted maps and bosses, it couldn't delve well at all (mainly tied to the delay in placing totems and them attacking, etc.). Wondering if Arc totems does any better? It seems totem builds need some serious defensive abilities in order to survive "fairly deep" delves...

In my opinion arc is one of 10 best delve builds
You have to place totems ahead of the crawler, and curse into the darkness, then wait for the arc to fly ahead of you.

I'm at 300 with not much trouble. You definitely have to spam buttons though....you need to keep Wise Oak, Lucky Crit and Mana regen flasks up 100% essentially as you run through the hall all the while laying 2 (not 4...the ones behind will arc forward or will still be cleaning up what you ran past) totems every half screen and cursing while also phasing and quicksilver or you will be toast.....everything hits like a truck, and this build can't take really any hits at all....the only defense in delve is frying everything as quickly as you can.

This build is AMAZING at clearing out side areas though. Arc shoots up into the darkness and everything that is immune comes running to its death in the light where the totems are.
Last edited by jaredh on Oct 15, 2018, 11:01:32 AM
I wonder if anyone has taken it to 600+?
All that and a bag of chips!
I am at 290 so i cant tell u, not doing much delve. But its strong build and easy to update for high tier
Hi, thank you for the build guide. I am following this and am having big mana issues. I am lvl 76, have MoM, 3.5k HP and 1.5k Mana. The regen is too low. Spawning 4 totems almost drains me out.
The totems also get frozen and stunned very easily. I was having Mana issues and totem deaths in a t6 breach. Any idea what to do?
■► It's a business. You won't get the full experience.
■► Yes, this is an addiction. This is a Slot Machine. I am addicted.
■► You won't be rewarded. There is no reward.
"
DoveAhKin wrote:
Hi, thank you for the build guide. I am following this and am having big mana issues. I am lvl 76, have MoM, 3.5k HP and 1.5k Mana. The regen is too low. Spawning 4 totems almost drains me out.
The totems also get frozen and stunned very easily. I was having Mana issues and totem deaths in a t6 breach. Any idea what to do?

Link your eq
"
ILYILY wrote:
"
DoveAhKin wrote:

Link your eq

Sry I deleted the character :'(
■► It's a business. You won't get the full experience.
■► Yes, this is an addiction. This is a Slot Machine. I am addicted.
■► You won't be rewarded. There is no reward.
I'm sitting at 3.5k hp, 2.2k mana, 620% crit multiplier, shimmerons + trolltimber spire, 5link 6 socket loreweave... i 1 hit ko uber izaro but i'm only delve depth 250ish, main problem i encounter is getting stunlocked but thats where vaal grace and phase run help in sticky situations. Damage isn't an issue, its not getting 1 shot thats the issue :D just keep them endurance charges up

I also feel the damage is already ridiculous so I'm using laviangas spirit over wise oak for slightly better survivablity
Last edited by Skippsy on Oct 18, 2018, 9:28:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info