3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

I'm using this build and I just killed Shaper for the first time ever, relatively easily to be honest.

I use Trolltimber Spire as someone said above, and Shimmeron for my main wand. The regen from Ritual of Awakening is enough to offset the Shimmeron degen, with 5 power charges. The leech from Trolltimber is more than enough to also supplement the Shimmeron drain. You'll gain life pretty quickly without a flask, even through Shimmeron degen. If regen/leech is what you're looking for, drop Shimmeron for a rare wand or a Void Battery if you can afford one, but I HIGHLY recommend Trolltimber Spire for this build.

I wouldn't describe this as a tanky build, even with a 79% Loreweave and a very good implicit roll on my shield, as well as a Rumi's flask. I've balanced for a wise oak but haven't tried it yet. If I can get a good rare wand to replace Shimmeron, I may be able to lose the health flask completely and run the Wise Oak.

I recommend running Lavianga's Spirit mana flask to be able to place totems after taking large hits, since we are Mind over Matter. Without totems down, bosses will be more inclined to attack you repetitively after draining your mana. A decoy totem for panic situations may be useful, haven't tried it.

The part that is lacking tankiness is the physical reduction rather than elemental. Minotaur and Chimera were quite difficult due to the lacking phys reduction.

Anyone have any good ideas on how to boost physical damage mitigation in this build? Can we do anything better with our Ring, Amulet, Glove or Boots slot to assist?
Last edited by Phr00t on Sep 24, 2018, 9:54:06 PM
Also to note, Path of Building shows that for our build, Shimmeron is more dps than Void Battery. Considering we can offset the negative of the wand pretty easily, and how cheaply you can acquire a Shimmeron instead of a Void Battery, it seems like a good choice.

I have yet to find any wand or 1hander that PoB reports having higher dps than Shimmeron when used with a shield. Consider that when you're planning your uniques to buy.
"
Phr00t wrote:
Also to note, Path of Building shows that for our build, Shimmeron is more dps than Void Battery. Considering we can offset the negative of the wand pretty easily, and how cheaply you can acquire a Shimmeron instead of a Void Battery, it seems like a good choice.

I have yet to find any wand or 1hander that PoB reports having higher dps than Shimmeron when used with a shield. Consider that when you're planning your uniques to buy.

You're looking at crap rares then. A nice wand in the 7-10ex range is far superior to both shimmeron and void battery.
"
The part that is lacking tankiness is the physical reduction rather than elemental. Minotaur and Chimera were quite difficult due to the lacking phys reduction.

Anyone have any good ideas on how to boost physical damage mitigation in this build? Can we do anything better with our Ring, Amulet, Glove or Boots slot to assist

Probably physical to elemental damage taken conversion and swapping out a wand for a tanky shield. This will cost some DPS of course.
"
mrleak wrote:
"
Phr00t wrote:

You're looking at crap rares then. A nice wand in the 7-10ex range is far superior to both shimmeron and void battery.

The absolute BEST rare I can find on poe.trade is a 13k (~8%) dps loss per totem instead of Shimmeron, against Shaper

Probably of benefit to find "Gain #XX% elemental damage as extra Chaos damage" for a DPS boost
NM
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
Last edited by Rippster on Sep 25, 2018, 8:00:04 PM
Hey mate, nice build, have hit low 70's with it easily, just mows through every map i throw at it. I'm using a 6l soul mantle, with 2 shimmerons a sanctified mana pot is up for 14 seconds thanks to the lit degen so curses arent an issue. Question is, in a +1 soul mantle would faster casting or a l4 empower be better? A 21/x arc in soul mantle with +1 and empower becomes a 26 arc with 9 chains and more than 300 flat lit base damage better
I notice we're just 1 node away from the Purity of Flesh cluster, any reason we don't take it? Max life + chaos resist seems pretty good
IMO your clearspeed is fine with a 5L, let alone a 6L, so whatever makes your mapping faster rather than mob clearing, so I would probably run some faster casting until one arc totem is not enough to clear packs in one shot

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info