3.7 In-Depth Ice Golems Guide - Snowybois - On Hiatus for 3.8

"
Before all, thanks for an awesomebuild to the post-master Utopian:)

As I'm getting close to 90 lvl, here are my suggestion how to fine tune this build a little more (DPS is more than ok:)

In this league we're facing a cummulation of damage spikes in fights with against syndicate members, which imho force us to think about more defensive measures. Taking this into account I've introducted following changes to the build:

1. enfeeble + blashemy to reduce spikes range pre-emptively. I died 2-3 times while getting out of phase run to cast it manually..

2. Phase run + increased duration to 100% cover in shadows for dangerous fights (icreased duration supports also vaal haste and lightning trap)

3. Using armor with high life pool

4. Regenerate 2% of life % mana when hit as boots enchant -> works very well with MoM

5. New enchant on ring -> 6% of damage restored as mana over 4 seconds -> another regen option

6. taking life based nodes on the left side of skill tree ("Barbarian" nodes: life + all resistance), which also allows us to use another jewel slot in 3 more moves

7. Gloves enchant: some non-cold elemental based to proc EE. I got the one "of ire" that makes me cast a spinning lightning vortex proccing EE for our ice golems.

Those changes still keep 95% of original build (i'm using exacly the same jewels as originally intended), but make my play much more comfortable.

Cheers!

Funnily enough all of the changes we made because deep delving got to a point of 'do this because if you get hit you die immediately' need to be rolled back and we're going to end up much closer to the original 3.4 build I released than the one we ended up at the end of delve. I agree with all of these changes as well as one more:

8. Storm Brand > Orb of storms for your curse on hit setup. It's surprisingly effective, can tag 3 groups at once, and can be cast from much farther away.

Can you post a link to your PoB ziut? I'm working late today and won't have time to update one.
Last edited by Utopian238 on Dec 13, 2018, 8:51:39 AM
"
Utopian238 wrote:

Funnily enough all of the changes we made because deep delving got to a point of 'do this because if you get hit you die immediately' need to be rolled back and we're going to end up much closer to the original 3.4 build I released than the one we ended up at the end of delve. I agree with all of these changes as well as one more:

8. Storm Brand > Orb of storms for your curse on hit setup. It's surprisingly effective, can tag 3 groups at once, and can be cast from much farther away.

Can you post a link to your PoB ziut? I'm working late today and won't have time to update one.

Here it is:

https://pastebin.com/pmcDwWnK

It's still not a final one as i want to add 2 more jewels:
1. on the left side of tree near Barbarian modes (i need to change Bandits quest results)
2. I'll go to jewel slot near "Studious Combatant" > you get +40 dexterity on the way, which will completely solve any dexterity issue / gear related aspects.

After that, so around level 93-94, all would be put into life nodes.
As much chaos damage as we're taking, i'm tempted to give up on MoM in favor of the Purity of Flesh Life wheel. Almost identical to the first Life Based tree I posted in 3.4

Something like this:

https://pastebin.com/5QiBicmh

What dex issues are you still having that under-leveling phase run doesn't solve?

I like the skill setup you're using but i'm trying to work back in flesh offering - desecrate. It seems from the latest patch notes the insane buffing/healing during fortification events is happening from the necromancers eating corpses. It would be really nice to constantly eat those corpses for our own benefit instead.
Last edited by Utopian238 on Dec 13, 2018, 9:41:59 AM
"
Utopian238 wrote:
As much chaos damage as we're taking, i'm tempted to give up on MoM in favor of the Purity of Flesh Life wheel. Almost identical to the first Life Based tree I posted in 3.4

Something like this:

https://pastebin.com/5QiBicmh

What dex issues are you still having that under-leveling phase run doesn't solve?

I like the skill setup you're using but i'm trying to work back in flesh offering - desecrate. It seems from the latest patch notes the insane buffing/healing during fortification events is happening from the necromancers eating corpses. It would be really nice to constantly eat those corpses for our own benefit instead.

I am currently up to red maps using your life based tree and most of the time I survive fine but my golems start to die like you guys mention. I have been trying to figure out some fixes as well but it seems MoM isn't necessary. That being said your newest post loses phase acro, MoM and has the same life percent as the phase acro tree. The only advantage is the chaos res gained from purity of flesh and some extra res's from sentinel. I'm not sure if those are worth losing acrobatics. I plan on trying enfeeble and crafting my chest so I can use empower. I am hoping the + levels will boost their hp enough.
If golems are dying make sure you're using either a +levels golem hat, or a Skullhead. And minion life/empower for the trio, Empower for the Ice Golems.

Levels help them survive more than anything else.
"
Utopian238 wrote:
If golems are dying make sure you're using either a +levels golem hat, or a Skullhead. And minion life/empower for the trio, Empower for the Ice Golems.

Levels help them survive more than anything else.

I couldn't agree more. For non-battle golems from helmet you add minion life - it really helps. For ice golems, generally 5 primordial harmonies allow you to have good life regen for them , so they don't die.

Btw, this build is ridiculous in some situations. I just had the most funny fight with Red Elder, where i didn't even lost 1 hp during 2ns phase (to be honest i didn't see a loss of hp even once during a fight). I just surrounded myself and shaper with frost wall, and golems were clearing everything for me ... xD

Btw, according to poe wiki, i can't see a huge progress in ice golems stats >20 level. What was the original reason to bring them to so high level with empower and skin of loyal? Is there an alternative for empower?

EDIT:

I've just recalled a great defensive idea, i used on my trapper some time ago:
CWDT + frost wall + phase run -> it really worked miracles! :)
Last edited by ziuteczek123456 on Dec 13, 2018, 1:16:15 PM
cwdt frost wall sounds amazing. I'm going to try that out tonight.

Levels on the ice golems is important in Minotaur/Uber Elder fights. It may seem like they're immortal right now, but really high end content WILL kill them if you aren't running the empower.

It's the best middle-ground we can find between keeping them alive in Uber Elder, and still doing good damage. If you toss it into PoB, you can see that running Maim+Ruthless is slightly better damage vs Empower & +1 levels chest. But you lose out on 5 golem levels worth of health which just isn't worth it.
Last edited by Utopian238 on Dec 13, 2018, 2:48:18 PM
At tier 15+ those syndicate encounters seem to destroy my golems, even with +1 tabula and 3lvl empover. Also took the minion life wheel but it doesnt seem to help much.
I looked at your character profile, your minions have no defenses other than hp regen and the base block chance from victario's.

If you run a skullhead and some abyss jewels with modifiers like blind on hit/minion chaos resistance that will go a long way towards their survivability. Take the extra Block Chance behind Necro Aegis > Minion Life wheel it will be significantly more survivability.

The big missing factor though is those abyss jewels. Try to nab up a couple.

EDIT:

I will also note that on dangerous map mods T15/16 syndicate members are just flat out scary. If you look at the other build guides or listen to the hardcore community a lot of people feel like they are overtuned. Luckily for us we can play it safe and just stay at range/summon the boys while we play scared of forts.
Last edited by Utopian238 on Dec 13, 2018, 5:02:24 PM
Ye, might try skullhead + block nodes. Planning to get blind jewel after the price of command of the pit goes down a bit and i can afford one. Level 21 golems seem to be cheap, have to buy those too.
Funny thing is my golems never died last league, except uber elder.
Last edited by Niistokeppi on Dec 13, 2018, 5:14:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info