3.7 In-Depth Ice Golems Guide - Snowybois - On Hiatus for 3.8

hey loving the build so far was alittle disappointed with the golems dying but I grabbed these and so far problems fixed i'm on up to t13 atm as soon as I get some more currency i'll be buyin some better gloves and getting this craft on them
Last edited by hedpe666 on Dec 14, 2018, 7:47:35 AM
I dropped a primordial chain today with a
Golems Deal 37% less Damage
Golems have 36% less Life
Golems have 99% increased Movement Speed

And I'm currently playing arc mines but its boring.
i have the chain and like 100c, can i play this build?
OR should i hold on to the chain and farm for more currency?
I wouldn't swap to this build from arc-mines until you have anima stone, chain, victaro's, clayshaper, a level 21/0 ice golem, and at least 3 primordial harmonies. Prior to having your 9 golems the build hasn't really taken off.
"
gingermanx wrote:
I dropped a primordial chain today with a
Golems Deal 37% less Damage
Golems have 36% less Life
Golems have 99% increased Movement Speed

And I'm currently playing arc mines but its boring.
i have the chain and like 100c, can i play this build?
OR should i hold on to the chain and farm for more currency?

I've very recently leveled this build and ran flame golems after the first lab with clayshaper, victario's, anima stone and primordial chain/might and destroyed everything. That and the switch to ice golems was the easiest and smoothest I've ever leveled a character in this game. I say go for it! It's super fun.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Thanks for the guide.

This build is really nice all around and really fast. Looking forward to taking it up to uber elder. I'm having some concerns over immortal encounters and general survivability, though.

First, I can't really figure out whether to go for MoM or not. Currently I'm just life based (original build tree with more life instead of going out to phase acro). I have a bunch of points (11?) in limbo because I respec'd to this build with just enough to get it going, so I can pretty much go whatever direction when I spec out of the templar minion wheel. The more I think about life + mana + life & mana regen all going toward eHP, the more I feel drawn to it.

From reading other replies, it seems like maybe blasphemy + enfeeble helps a lot? So maybe I will just switch curse on hit setup to blasphemy-enfeeble, storm brand/orb (for EE).

I haven't really started to run into situations where my golems are dying a lot, but I see that some people have had problems. For the ice golems, is the only reliable way to mitigate that having a lvl 3+ empower? Or could we fix it all the way up to t16 maps with crafts/affixes?

Thanks again!
Im in T16 maps right now and I haven't had the same issues that other people are seeing regarding golems dying. Best advice I can give everyone if your ice golems are dying is to make sure that you have an empower and block chance for your minions. Abyss jewels with taunt/blind on hit, and abyss jewels with minion chaos resistance. If your other golems are dying make sure you have +resistances for your minions or a purity of elements. They ARE NOT IMMUNE to elemental damage. Only the 'elemental golems' are.

Blasphemy+Enfeeble or temp chains feels really good i've played around with that some and i'm enjoying it.

I tried MoM and I would love that tree, IF i could figure out a way to link in Blood magic to flame dash/phase run. Getting drained out of my ability to phase run away feels awful.

With my eventual goal being a command of the pit, it leaves us socket starved. Summoner Life.

EDIT: I see a lot of people not running Skullhead Secutor Helm and complaining that their golems are dying. Until you are in end-game gear this helmet is very very useful to keep them alive. Don't underestimate how much work 10% block chance does.
Last edited by Utopian238 on Dec 14, 2018, 4:15:29 PM
It's come to my attention that Armageddon brand has double the cast speed of lightning brand. Also it looks sick af. We're cursing with that now.
"
Utopian238 wrote:
It's come to my attention that Armageddon brand has double the cast speed of lightning brand. Also it looks sick af. We're cursing with that now.

Will give it a go tonight. XD
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Hi! Thinking about trying this build. In previous league i've sticked with flame golems and they never die, even in Uber Elder fight.
Why ice golems are different and die all the time(as people told)?
I want to compare flame and ice, but I can't figure out differences in survivability, because it's the same type of minions.
Any thoughts?
I have a question regarding the chestpiece, what are the best fossils to add to the serrated for better chances?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info