[3.7] Chunky Chargrill Chieftain - Incinerate CwC Volatile Dead - [2x Demigod winning build]

"
Dulk4 wrote:
Hi, im playing your build and is being really fun, but i have some questions: how do you use haste if theres no mana enough? herald and warlord already use like 65% of mana. And also how do you sustain RF? it depletes my hp more quickly than i get it back.

Also if you could tell me what to improve that would be sweet.

Haste isn't used, just Vaal Haste if you'd like for some speed boost while mapping. RF is also only used in the Vaal version for some extra damage.

FYI, "Fire damage to attacks" does not add it to your spells, so it is a wasted craft/mod on your items. It has to say "Adds fire damage to spells" or just "Adds fire damage" as in the the ring Veiled mod.
Didn't see it in the OP, but what's your choice of helm enchant?I picked up 12% incinerate for now because it was cheap, but I am assuming +1 to Volatile corpses?

Do you use the Enduring Cry just for the HP regen since Warlord's seems to build up endurance charges quite well (obviously not on single target)?
Last edited by JoeODanger on Dec 18, 2018, 7:32:40 PM
For what exactly do you use desacrate? Just for bosses to get Volatile Dead? Because normally you kill enough so you don't need it
"
DatZwiebel wrote:
For what exactly do you use desacrate? Just for bosses to get Volatile Dead? Because normally you kill enough so you don't need it

Exactly this, you only need to use it very occasionally outside of bosses.

"
JoeODanger wrote:
Didn't see it in the OP, but what's your choice of helm enchant?I picked up 12% incinerate for now because it was cheap, but I am assuming +1 to Volatile corpses?

Do you use the Enduring Cry just for the HP regen since Warlord's seems to build up endurance charges quite well (obviously not on single target)?

As strange as this sounds, I've never considered a helm enchant. In SSF you tend to get boot and glove enchants from lab and that's about it.

For people in trade league I would imagine the +1 Volatile to be the best for damage. However I would probably be more interested in shield charge attack speed myself as I feel this would speed up mapping and boss manoeuvrability.

The enduring cry is there to generate endurance charges on bosses where there are no adds, it's then used to refresh the charge timer.

The other time is then for the regen boost if and when you feel it's needed.

As you are probably seeing, a lot of the utility on the build is situational, you could find yourself going through quite a few maps with no need for anything but a couple of buttons, then you can find yourself in a situation where you are actually having to play using a lot of combinations of skills.
Personally it's one of the things that I really enjoy and find engaging about this build.
I stream daily at twitch.tv/CellTank
"
m02ph3u5 wrote:
"
cl_gibcount wrote:

You should be able to just import my character into PoB from the import menu. Account name is "cl_gibcount"

Thanks a lot. I played Cellstorm's variant before and it was fun. Will give your version a shot now :)
How's the damage compared to OP's build? Any subjective feeling?

Sure thing. The damage is a bit less, owing to going for more life nodes etc. and my helm being worth only slightly more than a 5l in terms of damage. But it's still a very good amount of damage, VD is one of the strongest skills in the game with a reliable source of corpses to feed it.

With current gear, buffs and flasks going, each of my VD balls does around 50k damage and incinerate dps at max stages is about 250k with both VRF and RF on (vs shaper.) Can get much higher with a better helm.

It can even do ele reflect maps (carefully.) I simply unslotted Combustion from my main link and was careful to never channel long enough to spawn more than 6 VD balls and I cleared a t12 15% ele reflect map with no deaths, no sweat. I still wouldn't do them regularly though if I can avoid it since you do have to go a bit slower to safely clear.

The only major gripe I have about this build is that jumping into a huge pack will literally slow the server down to a crawl. It runs in super slow motion because it has to process 1000s of extremely low damage ignites and it doesn't return to realtime until a bunch of mobs die, which will take several real-life seconds for the VD balls to spawn in. Then it rebounds into super fast framerate to catch up for the time lost in slow motion, and you can't really move around accurately during this.

I've never died because of it, since all those ignites = shitloads of healing, but it's still annoying when it happens. Just have to avoid dashing directly into the middle of 50 mobs.
"
Cellstorm wrote:
"
XxARMOxX wrote:
Can you please add more details to the build? I have completed everything but have in the build and watching your twitch video, I notice the bottom right skill you have equipped (purple man icon) isn't one of the kills.

1) Can you please give a breakdown of how to use the skills
2) following #1, how do you use righteous fire and haste/vaal haste?
3) please say which skills to equip.

Edited: Can you also put your pastebin. POB isn't adding your passive tree (gives an error) but it did add your items and skills.

Thanks

The PoB is working fine for me, I checked and double checked on another PC just to make sure it wasn't loading in an old version or something. I suggest checking your PoB is up to date.

As for the twitch clip, that purple man icon is vaal clarity but I am not currently using it, the PoB represents the current set up that I am using this league, and this is constantly subject to change as there is a lot of flexibility to adapt to different content that I am encountering for the first time on this build.

I currently don't have a vaal haste so that is not in the current set up (SSF things).

I currently am not using a desecrate totem for bosses and its working fine without it.

I do plan on getting one for when I get to shaper this league though.

The righteous fire is very good for a burst of damage when it is needed, against bosses, syndicate memebers, delve encounters and so on.

Understand that it's an ongoing project and changing from day to day with what I am currently using compared to what I have done in the past, there will be guide updates but only when I am satisfied that I have had a true breakthrough in gem and item setup that benefits the majority of encounters in the current game.

Thank you so much my friend for replying, I updated POB and it worked. I just want to get a build going and take that as far as I can before exploring the possibilities.

With the current build you have I'm following these skills:

Chest : Incinerate - Cast while Channeling - Volatile Dead - Combustion - Controlled Destruction - Fire Penetration

Boots: Shield Charge - Leap Slam - Fortify - Faster Attacks

Shield: Desecrate - Spell Cascade - Faster Casting

Sword: Warlords Mark - Blaspemy - Herald of Ash

Helmet: Spell Totem - Desecrate - Faster Casting - Enduring Cry

Gloves: Blood Rage - Vaal Haste - Vaal Righteous Fire - Increased Duration

--------

I'm using the Skullhead helm and Perandus Blazon belt. The rest of my gear are rare items. If I'm following the skill tree posted on this site...Which of the gems don't I need above and what can I swap them for?
Last edited by XxARMOxX on Dec 18, 2018, 11:34:58 PM
Hey, i wanted to ask few things. I am new player, freshly out of diablo so no hate please ^^
1) I dont have mana space for the haste. i have the curse made into aura and ash aura, but no space for that one, how do i activate them all 3?
2) i saw some vid with this build, and there were like "fireballs/fire orbs" going off the incen cast. What was that? i do not have that on my build.
thanks for your time ^^
1) You have to get items/passives that decrease mana reservation. Haste isn't vital, though.

2) The fiery orbs come from the Volatile Dead spell that's cast while you're channeling Incinerate.
"
KibokoYoona wrote:
Hey, i wanted to ask few things. I am new player, freshly out of diablo so no hate please ^^
1) I dont have mana space for the haste. i have the curse made into aura and ash aura, but no space for that one, how do i activate them all 3?
2) i saw some vid with this build, and there were like "fireballs/fire orbs" going off the incen cast. What was that? i do not have that on my build.
thanks for your time ^^

The haste is a vaal haste gem, don't use haste aura, vaal haste is a skill that gives a short burst of speed that I use to help melt down a boss. The two mana reserves you currently have ( warlords+blasphemy and Herald of Ash) are correct.

Same goes for Righteous Fire, use the Vaal version of the skill not the regular.

As the person above me said, the fireballs you see are the 'Volatile Dead' gem that is used in the gem link.

Use these gems:

Incinerate - Cast while Channeling - Volatile Dead - Combustion - Controlled Destruction - Fire Penetration (if you only have a 5 link drop fire pen until you get a 6 link)
I stream daily at twitch.tv/CellTank
Last edited by Cellstorm on Dec 19, 2018, 6:33:22 AM
"
Cellstorm wrote:

I don't mind the links at all, sharing good information is what I'm all about! :D

You rock!

"
cl_gibcount wrote:

I've never died because of it, since all those ignites = shitloads of healing, but it's still annoying when it happens. Just have to avoid dashing directly into the middle of 50 mobs.

Thanks for the extra intel. Belly would be 1,2k life less... I wonder how much more damage a 6l provides. A 150/5% 6l chest would still have like 1k less hp I guess. Kinda hard to tell from PoB. Can we have double elder + veiled crafte +1/aoe mod on a helmet?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info