[3.7] Chunky Chargrill Chieftain - Incinerate CwC Volatile Dead - [2x Demigod winning build]

Hi there, thanks for the amazing build!

While leveling I am really struggling with mana and later on due to the warlords mark changes that will probably not going to go away.

Any advice you can give besides using a mana flask all the time?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Hoefie on Jul 6, 2019, 5:12:06 AM
"
solson8691 wrote:
Hello! First off, I want to say a huge "thank you" to you for creating this build and guide. So far, in the Legion League, I have bested my personal character level by two levels - I'm level 75 at present. I'm currently mapping T6 maps. What I particularly like is that your build is not overly complicated, and is relatively budget-conscious; both these qualities were lacking in several Witch builds I've tried in other leagues.

However, that being said, I am relatively new to POE - this is only my second or third league I've played in. So, I have tried to stay as faithful to your build guide as humanly possible. Yet, I am starting to struggle in maps - dying a bit too often - and I have a friend who told me today that somehow I should be doing 50,000 times more damage and one-shotting everything in map content, and I'm not yet.

I have made a few variations to your primary build, and I am concerned I might not be doing the right things. One thing that is different is that I had a friend give me a beastly 2-handed staff that adds literal crap tons of fire damage to the mix. So, I can't equip a shield, as your build recommends.

Second, I'm not using Vaal Grace, since it seemed a bit too complicated for me to wrap my head around using correctly, and I'm not using Shield Charge, since I can't use a shield with my two-handed staff.

Third, I am confused as to whether I should be using Herald of Ash, Anger, or both at the same time? If I use both, my reserved mana shoots up to 75%. I've been getting by just using Herald of Ash alone. Is that OK?

I am using a nice Loreweave 6-link for my chest armor, however. For my optional 6th gem, I am using Elemental Focus as of today, or at least trying it.

I'd be very happy and appreciative if you wanted to take a look at my character and make recommendations. By the way, right now, I have the 1h-mace and shield set up that you recommended, though I want to go back to my staff. My character name is "Flames_Of_Death."

Thank you very much for all your hard work, and your advice in advance. I look forward to any helpful reply or comments you may have. Thanks again.

I can see why you are starting to struggle in maps, each time you step away from the proven setup in a build you risk undoing some of the synergies that have been woven into making the build work.

If you switch to a unique staff you have to ask what are you giving up? You are giving up using rare items which are better in PoE overall. You are giving up big 100+ life rolls and big resistance rolls on a shield. Which if you sorted those out you could change out of your Goldrim cap into a rare helm, that once again can have a massive life roll, a huge armour base bonus. So from just these two alone you are missing out on so much compared to what I would consider to be an ideal set up.

Also, flasks. This is a quote of mine that I added to the first post of the guide:
" I took a look at your gear and your flask game is easily the weakest link of your builds. Flasks in PoE are crucial. Go to a youtube vid or a stream of a player you respect as a good player and take a look only at their flasks when they are mapping/bossing. You see them hitting those flask cooldowns all the time, and not life flasks either. There is so much power, like TONS OF POWER in flasks that if you don't use then end game PoE is pretty much impossible even with absolute best in slot gear, that's how important flasks are. But like I say, don't take my word for that or think i'm personally using flasks as a crutch. Go take a look at any player playing real high end game PoE and look at their flask choices and go and actually watch how they use them.

I have a suggested flask setup for this build on the front page, that would be a great place to start. "

You have to change your approach to flasks in PoE, I can't state just how important the flask set up is. Like I say in my own quote, go and watch any endgame set up in action, look at their flasks and how often they are being used. Without this flask mindset you are doomed to fail the upper and top end content in PoE.

Also, pantheons. Did you do the recommended ones yet?

If you do insist on using the staff over a sceptre then link fortify with leap slam for your movement skill. Fortify is massive for defence, actually massive, if you aren't getting fortify into an aggressive build like this then you are putting yourself at a huge disadvantage.

I can tell that I too would be dying often with the gear, flask, lack of fortify set up you are currently running, not to mention if your pantheons are lacking.

Once you have this sorted out then you can focus more on where the damage is coming from as you probably have more damage than you think you do, right now you are so squishy that you won't ever be safe enough on the character to properly unleash what is already there.

Don't just chase damage numbers based on what a fried says you should be doing. Has that friend played the build? Has that friend seen/read/understood the way the build plays? There is a lot of damage to be found for sure, but some of it is hard to tap into without the rest of the character there to back up the damage delivery.

Also, reserving 75% of your mana is normal, with the mana sustain things set up correctly you will have no mana issues, freeing up mana flasks to the utility flask that are so powerful. Many builds other than MoM builds will reserve even more mana than this at endgame. Once again like with the flask use suggestion, watch endgame builds in action to see how prevalent this is across a huge spectrum of builds.

I stream daily at twitch.tv/CellTank
"
Hoefie wrote:
Hi there, thanks for the amazing build!

While leveling I am really struggling with mana and later on due to the warlords mark changes that will probably not going to go away.

Any advice you can give besides using a mana flask all the time?

Thanks in advance!

Lab enchanted boots with leech after kill are fantastic and will allow you to map with no issues at all. Cruel lab enchants are strong enough for the highest mapping so you can run a short and easy lab if you are doing this yourself.

Also the -# mana craft on rings unlocked from Elreon in the Syndicate content is fantastic for this and people are loving it for this build this league.
"
Nowada wrote:
Hello, so first off I have to thank you for this build I really love the build because it is so much fun to play, even tho I am new to the game (basically my first character if I do not count the ones that I played few years ago and had no idea what is going on) and I suck at playing this build and basically this game overall, I have watched a lot of streams and maybe it is not the most effective build atm and I would not trade the fun I have with this build for any other build!

I have a few questions about this build. My first question is if you could check out my gear and advice me which items do you think are good enough and which items suck/you would replace (my jewels are are similar to the one in my belt and yeah I know the body armor sucks but I am poor atm haha). My uncapped resistances are all same level atm for the flask bonus. The thing is that I have problems with survability, I changed the flasks for evasion ones and it feels a lot better, do you think this switch is good? The rest I want to know is basically about the gems:

1) I still have no clue what does the blood rage do in the build
2) I am basically never using Enduring cry, I understand what it does but I don't like the animation of the skill and I feel like I do not really need it, is there some alternative or do I just have to learn using it?
3) I should probably use shield charge a lot right? Because it gives me the fortify thingy, but I do not really like that skill and I just love dashing by the flame dash and getting endurance charges while doing it, any way around it or some alternative or do I also just have to learn to use that skill?

Thanks for any help in advance and also to being so helpful in this thread. <3

Your gear overall is very good, I can't spot a weakest link looking over it.
Because you have a lot of armour across your gear you are in a position to test out Molten Shell in place of your Immortal Call. I haven't tested it myself yet but from what I know of how it's currently working in other builds then you may feel the benefit of it.

Blood rage gives us frenzy charges, which speed up casting, moving, attacking. So basically everything we do becomes quicker and smoother. If you haven't used frenzy charges before I can recommend you read the frenzy charge page on the PoE wiki, in fact read the pages for Endurance and Power charges too. You'll see why people make builds where you go for these charges as much as possible with the amount of power and utility they give.

As for enduring cry, many people are not a fan, if you don't like it then don't use it, even in my full T16 juiced map set up I rarely use it, it's there when I need it.

Also the fortify buff is massive, -20% incoming damage. So shield charge is pretty fantastic, the other option is leap slam which opens up the option of fortify gem and the endurance charge on melee stun gem as leap slam now is guaranteed stun. This would replace one aspect of the enduring cry if you still don't want that in the set up. So if you don't like shield charge and enduring cry then this leap slam set up with the two gems I mentioned (also faster attacks of course) in a 4 link could be great for you.

Edit: I don't know if you levelled up the arcane surge in your sceptre to 20 intentionally. Mostly it's only levelled up to where it will proc from one cast of the connected skills mana cost as at level 20 you won't be getting arcane surge buff until you spend 400 mana with flamedash, a lower level arcane surge is still super powerful if it's up after each dash

Last edited by Cellstorm on Jul 6, 2019, 7:21:33 AM
Thanks a lot for your quick answer!

What level would you recommend leveling the CWDT setup?

You aren't using it on your profile.
Level it all the way?

Thanks again!
"
Hoefie wrote:
Thanks a lot for your quick answer!

What level would you recommend leveling the CWDT setup?

You aren't using it on your profile.
Level it all the way?

Thanks again!

The usual CwDT I go for on a build with this play style is around 1/3rd of your life pool.

But with molten shell I think levelling all the way, haven't tested it out though but the numbers look very attractive.
Hi,
Thanks for the build. I have been using it for 2 leagues in a row as my league starter.
This league a headhunter dropped. I sold it for 142 exa. So I am rich for the rest of the league :-)
What would be the highest end items that you would recommend ? No expenses spared.
As you are playing ssf it is difficult to decide.
Many thanks!
edit: answered the question myself, nvm.
Last edited by Aklyon on Jul 11, 2019, 9:44:53 PM
Hey, thanks for the awesome build. My first tackle on SSF and I'm having a blast!

This has probably been asked already, but what do you think of 'Trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill' on the mace for desecrate?

Might be easier to sustain damage, but I have yet to try it.
Hey there,

first of all: awesome guide, have been in love with vd for the longest time.

Got one question though:

If you use Elemental Focus, don't you miss out on Combustions fire pen completly? It says only ignites from supported skills have -x % fire res, so another source of ignite won't benefit it, right?

Greetings

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info