[3.7] Chunky Chargrill Chieftain - Incinerate CwC Volatile Dead - [2x Demigod winning build]

"
Schnubbel_ wrote:
"
Kodesterx wrote:
Hi there. I started this new league with your build and I'm loving it! It's very satisfying. The only time I have trouble with it is against the syndicate members. They seem to one shot me a lot. Any advice for dealing with them? Maybe I'm not using good enough flasks or something. Could you take a loot at my character and see if anything bad stands out about it? I'm still a big noob haha.

without going in too much, the main thing u need is life. u got low life on most of ur gear, none on jewels, amulet and ring. get abyssal jewels with 30+ life, and try to get at least t2 life on all other pieces. u dont ned theese unique jewels, amulet or ring. high life with the resists to cap u only cost 1-2 chaos each ans u should be able to easily reach 6k life. the damage is there on its own
also respec out of breath of flames and maybe even jewels and take the life wheel at south.
u cang get a corrupted 6link chest with the colours u need for 5-10c and a little life roll

Thanks for the reply. I'd like to ask/know why should I spec out of breath of flames?
"
Kodesterx wrote:
"
Schnubbel_ wrote:
"
Kodesterx wrote:
Hi there. I started this new league with your build and I'm loving it! It's very satisfying. The only time I have trouble with it is against the syndicate members. They seem to one shot me a lot. Any advice for dealing with them? Maybe I'm not using good enough flasks or something. Could you take a loot at my character and see if anything bad stands out about it? I'm still a big noob haha.

without going in too much, the main thing u need is life. u got low life on most of ur gear, none on jewels, amulet and ring. get abyssal jewels with 30+ life, and try to get at least t2 life on all other pieces. u dont ned theese unique jewels, amulet or ring. high life with the resists to cap u only cost 1-2 chaos each ans u should be able to easily reach 6k life. the damage is there on its own
also respec out of breath of flames and maybe even jewels and take the life wheel at south.
u cang get a corrupted 6link chest with the colours u need for 5-10c and a little life roll

Thanks for the reply. I'd like to ask/know why should I spec out of breath of flames?

Just until you get higher lvl. Its only damage and that u have enough of. Rather spec theese points into life nodes (scion life wheel) first for better survival and the higher level after that back into the damage nodes.
Can you put Desecrate on a scepter and make it triggerable with the mod? If you can, do you recommend doing it?
Thank you for this build, it is a fun playstyle and I have been enjoying it a lot, however I have a couple questions/issues if you have time. How much life is good enough to start mapping? I have 3.6k right now after buying some very budget gear (just finished A10) and I got 1 shot by Izaro on merciless still so I had to get carried, I seem to be doing better in maps. I kinda feel like there is very little mitigation and i don’t know what I should be doing to survive better. Also I have been having issues with mana sustain, should I get clarity or drop herald of ash? It feels really weird using mana flasks because I have so little unreserved mana that the flask just caps my mana really quickly and then it depletes really quickly again. Despite these issues I still feel the build is a lot of fun. Thanks!

Edit: I forgot to ask are we supposed to use a shield or dual wield? And does it matter what the weapon type is, as long as it works with leap slam?
Last edited by WhatExists on Dec 15, 2018, 1:58:45 PM
"
WhatExists wrote:
Thank you for this build, it is a fun playstyle and I have been enjoying it a lot, however I have a couple questions/issues if you have time. How much life is good enough to start mapping? I have 3.6k right now after buying some very budget gear (just finished A10) and I got 1 shot by Izaro on merciless still so I had to get carried, I seem to be doing better in maps. I kinda feel like there is very little mitigation and i don’t know what I should be doing to survive better. Also I have been having issues with mana sustain, should I get clarity or drop herald of ash? It feels really weird using mana flasks because I have so little unreserved mana that the flask just caps my mana really quickly and then it depletes really quickly again. Despite these issues I still feel the build is a lot of fun. Thanks!

Edit: I forgot to ask are we supposed to use a shield or dual wield? And does it matter what the weapon type is, as long as it works with leap slam?

could u make ur profile public so we can see your character?
for now, try get more life on gear, some t1/t2 life rolls are cheap, and invest into some life points on gear before damage nodes since volatile dead should do enough dmg as it is.
we use a shield, for shield charge and also nice stats on there. op recommends some unique for 1 alch in the post wich is nice and gives also life.
the mana comes from warlords mark leech.

but like i said if u set ur profile to pulic we can give u more advise

"
WhatExists wrote:

Shield is often better for duel wield as a good spirit shield gives lots of spell damage as well as a very nice chunk of life and will provide more block than duel wielding

The weapon should be a sceptre ideally, for the implicit stat.

You have your profile set to private so I can't look at you character but it sounds to me like you are not using the Warlords Mark curse with the Blasphemy support gem. Once you do this the mana issues of the build are solved so you can then drop mana flask for defensive flasks such as basalt and stibnite. Take a look at my recommended flasks. This curse also gives a huge amount of leech (that chieftain gets from fire attacks anyway) so you will certainly be hitting leech cap.

Enduring cry is useful at the start of a longer fight to get your endurance charges up, there is a huge benefit of keeping endurance charges up in chieftain builds such as this, even more so than how good the charges are in other builds.

As for amount of life, You should have about 4k for early maps if not more, but the more the better.

Also for defence, keep fortify up. If this is something that you haven't used in other builds take note of the timer on fortify and try to keep mindful of it while you play, almost like a cool down skill in a more traditional MMO role, same goes for flask cooldowns.

"
Seanj0 wrote:
Can you put Desecrate on a scepter and make it triggerable with the mod? If you can, do you recommend doing it?

It seems like it would be good as an addition, but not a replacement. More corpses are rarely a bad thing, but don't give up the self cast as in the few situations where you need it (usually only a couple of times per map) then you need to be in control of the timing and placement location.
I stream daily at twitch.tv/CellTank
I love this build so far but the immortal stuff just sucks. I have had supremely bad luck so far this league and as a result i have no currency to speak of, so im only just around 3.5k hp and im in low maps. The immortal syndicate guys just 1 shot me so i cant even seem to get any lvls. Ill have to work on my hp, but im not sure what ill be able to do until i find a bit of luck. I cant even complete the syndicate hideouts, i just get gang raped when i get to the members.
Last edited by balvix on Dec 16, 2018, 12:29:25 AM
Stopped by the stream and mentioned it, but thought I'd post here about the variation of this build I'm playing in Betrayal right now.

You can check out my tree and gear currently here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/cl_gibcount/characters
(Immortal_Cindy_Kate)

Basically I decided I wanted to make a poor man's knockoff version of a Poet's Pen Zerphi VD build, so I decided to:

1) Dual wield Razor of the Seventh Sun, which gets you a combined 2% hp recovery each time you ignite something, and 50% ignite chance combined (buffed in this league)

2) Utilize Eye of Innocence combined with ignites to do a classic cwdt ignite spam loop to power both my healing from the swords and to constantly cast Unearth for boss fights for that true Poet's Pen feel of ez mode just hold down attack. Blade Vortex, Firestorm, and Ball Lightning make up my 3 skills chosen to flood the screen in the largest # of ignites per second I can get.

3) Make it Blood Magic and free up chest slot to wear Kaom's, high life combines very well with the 2% recovery from swords. To that end my main damage comes from an Essence of Horror crafted Elder hat, that happened to have lvl 16 Immolate support, and a free prefix slot that I crafted the new +1 level to socketed AoE gems affix on. Blood Magic also means you don't need Warlord's Mark or worry about needing leech.

The results are pretty great. Once I got over 7k hp even the most obnoxious Syndicate combos are facetankable thanks to the high level of recovery. The damage is quite excellent as well, as all the good damage mods you can get on a helmet nowadays makes them just as strong as a 6l.

Also the high recovery lets me run Righteous Fire for even more damage. Turning on both RF and vaal RF for bosses makes them melt quickly. Having a seething life flask lets me shut off RF whenever I need to, and the fact that it's instant cast now makes it so easy to just pop it on or off whenever you want.

These next few levels as I fill out more health nodes will push me up near 9k hp levels which should be quite comfortable for even the rippiest content.

Future upgrades will be getting a better helm, Conc. Effect would be a better affix than Immolate from a pure damage standpoint. Getting both would be GG. Also shifting Combustion support onto the cwdt igniters would allow slotting in a higher damage support in place of it.
Last edited by cl_gibcount on Dec 16, 2018, 5:00:12 AM
"
cl_gibcount wrote:

You can check out my tree and gear currently here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/cl_gibcount/characters
(Immortal_Cindy_Kate)

Could you add PoB or explain a bit and post some stats? Is the whole self-ignite thing just for 2% regen? I doubt that. Auto-cast corpses?
Hi, i'm very new player and i don't understand 1 thing in this build guide. Why there is 2x desecrate?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info