[3.20] A.B. Molten Tank easy mapping and bossing

"
aces2323 wrote:
"
Segonja wrote:

Hey there Mr. A.B , i have a bit of a problem here,
Just got my first grelwood and my damage didn't change as much as i thought, i don't know if im doing sometihng wrong here, but i think you said that you can do shaper with buget gear, so my thoughts were if i get at least 1 grelwood (im planning on getting second one when i get money) i could do at least t13-14 without any problem.

I mostly struggle on rare and unique monsters, dk what can be a problem

I still dont have Watcher's eye or Dying sun, what do you think should i get next?
And i was wondering if i could go on Shaper to get a Dying sun, but not buy em :)

Hope you have a nice day :D

This is a GREAT build A.B., been using it for my second league now. I can say that I ran into this same problem before and by the looks of your gem in the Stygian, I would bet you have the same problem I did. You need more flat damage. Life on gems is great but you got to have flat damage too for all the % increases we get. The abyssal jewels are easy to craft on and get life plus added fire or physical (make sure you have avatar of fire on tree because you don't have Xoph's blood, I made that mistake too). Also use gripped gloves. Those give another % increase to projectiles.

Thanks for the great build A.B. It's one of my favorites and it's my consistent league starter. Especially because I'm more casual and bad too. lol.

yes this is true, i miss this thing.
u dont have any damage on ur rare ( ammy, gloves, jew )
Is concentrated effect really a good support to use? I used the molten strike damage calculator you mentioned, and for bosses of size 3 or less concentrated effect causes the projectiles to do less damage. I assume this is because while the spread radius of the balls shrinks, so do the balls themselves. The chance for a ball to land on the enemy---according to this guy's model---is reduced with concentrated effect.

(size 3 being slightly bigger than humanoid... I assume)

My questions are:

- From your experience, is it true that conc effect hinders more than helps? Or at least does little extra?
- I'm wondering what's your recommendation for replacing this gem, if this calculation is a good estimate?

Some quick research of mine turned up these options.
- Slower projectiles is a straightforward option, at 29% more proj damage.
- There's also added fire damage, and fire penetration.
- The multiple projectiles supports are an option, too, but probably a bad one. They add a fixed number of projectiles, but hurt the damage of all the projectiles.
- Vicious projectiles seems like a good option. Lvl 20 provides 49% more projectile damage, and requires 111 Dex, which I have. But I don't understand how "less projectile attack speed" would affect the magma balls. Would they fire less often than you strike, or reduce the speed of the whole skill? From the wording, I think this is not the same as "projectile speed", like faster/slower projectiles do.
- Melee Physical damage may be a good option, if it would effect the damage of the projectiles. I dunno if it would. POB says no.
- Combustion, too. Tops out at 19% more damage, but gives reduced fire resistance to enemies (only if ignited, does ele focus prevent this?)
- Immolate looks good, too, but I think elemental focus clashes with it. Due to focus, we can't burn people with molten strike.
- Faster attacks. That would give more LGOH, perhaps make us tankier. And make it easier to proc EO.

(Link to calculator: https://moldydwarf.gitlab.io/MoltenStrikeDPS/index.html)
Last edited by aphex7193 on Mar 13, 2019, 2:15:47 AM
"
aces2323 wrote:
"
Segonja wrote:

Hey there Mr. A.B , i have a bit of a problem here,
Just got my first grelwood and my damage didn't change as much as i thought, i don't know if im doing sometihng wrong here, but i think you said that you can do shaper with buget gear, so my thoughts were if i get at least 1 grelwood (im planning on getting second one when i get money) i could do at least t13-14 without any problem.

I mostly struggle on rare and unique monsters, dk what can be a problem

I still dont have Watcher's eye or Dying sun, what do you think should i get next?
And i was wondering if i could go on Shaper to get a Dying sun, but not buy em :)

Hope you have a nice day :D

This is a GREAT build A.B., been using it for my second league now. I can say that I ran into this same problem before and by the looks of your gem in the Stygian, I would bet you have the same problem I did. You need more flat damage. Life on gems is great but you got to have flat damage too for all the % increases we get. The abyssal jewels are easy to craft on and get life plus added fire or physical (make sure you have avatar of fire on tree because you don't have Xoph's blood, I made that mistake too). Also use gripped gloves. Those give another % increase to projectiles.

Thanks for the great build A.B. It's one of my favorites and it's my consistent league starter. Especially because I'm more casual and bad too. lol.

Thanks man, you really opened my eyes. I figured out that we have a whole lot of increases in tree but i don't have any flat dmg.
Once again thank you and thanks to Mr. Anal B. for creating such a great build :)
Hey AB!

i was wondering on the Cast when damage taken setup, if i can put lightning golem in between bloodrage and immortal call or is that also ruining our pantheon trick
FREAKDAFLOW//nl
"
skS1 wrote:
Hey AB!

i was wondering on the Cast when damage taken setup, if i can put lightning golem in between bloodrage and immortal call or is that also ruining our pantheon trick

Hi!

the important is put CWDT-BR-IC .. BR before IC

if u put CWDT-BR-GOLEM-IC works anyway

or CWDT-GOLEM-BR-IC // or IC-CWDT-BR etc...
hey and thanks for a great build, i started on another one but changed to yours as soon as i found it!!

If u have the time , so u wanna check my gear and see what i should improve on?
im still kinda noobish so i miss alot of obvious things.

Also i really wonder what is this pantheon trick u talk about? how does it work?

cheers
"
Doriant wrote:
hey and thanks for a great build, i started on another one but changed to yours as soon as i found it!!

If u have the time , so u wanna check my gear and see what i should improve on?
im still kinda noobish so i miss alot of obvious things.

Also i really wonder what is this pantheon trick u talk about? how does it work?

cheers

for pantheon plz check FAQ down in the guide

for gear:
-the better way for freez/chill is get hrimnor resolve or kaom's root
-check flask suggestion in gear section
-curse on on heral of ash dont work, cuz as u can read on heral description it dont hit the enemy. use curse on CWDT
-try to follow tree suggestion much as possible, u skipp important point like "master of blade"
-u have a very crappy rare jewel, drop it for more usefull points

OFC rare can be better, i think u can farm uber lab to make currency on ur current state
hey AB
Thank you for the build, it's awesome!
I've started this league with your build and I'm really enjoying it.
I have a question: what is your opinion about swapping Elefocus with Fire penetration? because at the end game monsters and bosses have more elemental resistance and elefocus may have less effect (I'm experimenting with it right now but can't determine which one is better so far).
Hey man, using ur champion build as league starter. Feels rly good so far.

What vitality and anger mods do i need to look for on my watchers eye?

- started with hybrid boys.... Got tired of jugg :3 too tanky.
Wolf: "It thinks it can beat us!"

Lamb: "This is called... denial."
Last edited by SwaneLSG on Mar 14, 2019, 6:20:25 AM
"
hey AB
Thank you for the build, it's awesome!
I've started this league with your build and I'm really enjoying it.
I have a question: what is your opinion about swapping Elefocus with Fire penetration? because at the end game monsters and bosses have more elemental resistance and elefocus may have less effect (I'm experimenting with it right now but can't determine which one is better so far).

elemental focus can be swapped for immolate, but the damage is quite the same; depending on ur gear. fire pen instead of ele focus is less damage

the only thing u can swap as i said in the guide is fire pen instead of ancestral call for bosses if u aren't good to use ancestral call.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info