[3.8] Demi's Infinite Tinkerer, the Lightning Trap Saboteur (EVERYTHING/BUDGET VIABLE)

So after reading the front page word for word (I think?) I do have a couple questions.

1a: If I wanted to use Arc, would the only needed swaps be to use Trap Support + Arc instead of Lightning Trap + Pierce?

1b: Assuming the swap to Arc, would you also remove the jewel to the right of Master Sapper? That seems to be the only source of projectile damage for your entire build unless I missed something on gear? Where would you use those points instead?

2: You mention in the guide that you help Alira, but the PoB shows the +2 passives. Which is better? It's pretty expensive to respec that one.

In general, what is your (or other peoples) opinion on lightning trap vs arc trap? There are a few posts talking about it but they seem to be months old so not sure how relevant they still are, and would love to hear from people who are playing it in this league.

How simple is the build to play? I ask because I have hand issues, so the simpler the better ^^; This is my first time playing anything besides a totem build (RIP hiero) so I have no idea what I'm doing.
"
sutasafaia wrote:
So after reading the front page word for word (I think?) I do have a couple questions.

1a: If I wanted to use Arc, would the only needed swaps be to use Trap Support + Arc instead of Lightning Trap + Pierce?

1b: Assuming the swap to Arc, would you also remove the jewel to the right of Master Sapper? That seems to be the only source of projectile damage for your entire build unless I missed something on gear? Where would you use those points instead?

2: You mention in the guide that you help Alira, but the PoB shows the +2 passives. Which is better? It's pretty expensive to respec that one.

In general, what is your (or other peoples) opinion on lightning trap vs arc trap? There are a few posts talking about it but they seem to be months old so not sure how relevant they still are, and would love to hear from people who are playing it in this league.

How simple is the build to play? I ask because I have hand issues, so the simpler the better ^^; This is my first time playing anything besides a totem build (RIP hiero) so I have no idea what I'm doing.

1a. yes.

1b. up to you, its still a 3 point jewel for deeps. but remember my tree is like level 96 and you probably wont take it anyways.

2. pob never remembers my bandit choices and i think i forgot to put it to alira. its alira for any crit build ever, and 2 points for non crit.

this guide is written for lightning trap. should give it away.

hand issues might make it hard, we have to throw 1-3 types of traps, move around a lot because we aren't stupidly tanky, standing still generally means u ded af. if you want a stupid simple tanky build, i'd recommend something else.

lazy paladin: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/105920
or rf chieftain: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1729087
might be more your style.
🥚 IGN: demigodking | Creator of Demigod's Wager
🍋 twitch.tv/demi | youtube.com/demigodkinglol
🥔 Mirror Thread (400+ Services): pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1753977
🍋 #1 Items, IIQ MF Item Duplication Services, Carries and More!
🥚 TheSpiderQueenByDemi - Hall of Grandmasters
Last edited by DeMiGodking102 on Dec 12, 2018, 3:02:48 AM
Build went fine until Tier 8/9 maps (leveling until ~40 was tough but since then damage and survivability were nice!)

Now I'm struggling with one/two hits from mobs/syndicate/bosses, that kill me quite fast. Also Elder guardians are way too difficult for me, I die a lot although damage would fit. But I can't figure out why, maybe someone can take a look at my character what I'm missing :) Thanks!

(Roughly I'm at 4.2k Life, 20k damage without charges/flasks)
Last edited by Shatiya on Dec 12, 2018, 3:49:37 AM
Ok, i'v read all the posts in this thread, the question been asked, but no answer. Demi, what are you thoughts on chain reaction breaking detonate-gain health/shield interraction with tinketskin? I mean, yeh, it still might be enough to sustain shield pool for skill usage, but we have charge gain on mine detonated by enemies. Plus can tnkerskin wo chain + hair trigger make any difference in terms of life gain?
Ty.
"
Ok, i'v read all the posts in this thread, the question been asked, but no answer. Demi, what are you thoughts on chain reaction breaking detonate-gain health/shield interraction with tinketskin? I mean, yeh, it still might be enough to sustain shield pool for skill usage, but we have charge gain on mine detonated by enemies. Plus can tnkerskin wo chain + hair trigger make any difference in terms of life gain?
Ty.

it doesn't break it. throw 4 traps into a pack, get 4 heals. trap trigger radius is good enough even on single target for max procs most of the time.
🥚 IGN: demigodking | Creator of Demigod's Wager
🍋 twitch.tv/demi | youtube.com/demigodkinglol
🥔 Mirror Thread (400+ Services): pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1753977
🍋 #1 Items, IIQ MF Item Duplication Services, Carries and More!
🥚 TheSpiderQueenByDemi - Hall of Grandmasters
Ok than. It might sound stupid, but Im frustrated. Why do we use chain reaction than? If it is triggered ok, for the boss burst? But we can place traps concentrated. Nount it be more benefituoal than to use other acend nodes? Ty
I don't know, the damage is absurd. I kill the most bossses one shot, even with shitty gear. LuL
But i switched to arc.

One of the strongest builds i ever played.
https://www.twitch.tv/der_rasierer
Stupid question probably, but how do I generate endurance charges for Immortal Call?
following this guide and enjoying it so far lev 32. Can you explain this mechanic to me I dont understand it.

Make sure you left click your skills and turn on "Always Attack/Cast without Moving" so you don't stutter step forward to throw traps/Shield Charge/etc. Feels a lot better with it on.

Im hoping it a way to throw traps without coming to a standstill but cant seem to figure it out

thanks in advance!
"
Rajvan wrote:
Stupid question probably, but how do I generate endurance charges for Immortal Call?

You do not need Endurance charges for Immortal Call, it has a base-time. Charges only makes it stay on longer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info