Trade Site Improvements

It seems to me like we're repeating ourselves over and over again, but the trading experience in this game leaves much to be desired to put it very mildly.

I don't have a problem with spending some time to set filters to find the item I need.

But when I find it on the listing, I don't want to have to go through several ignores, offlines od DNDs. I don't want to make the sellers stop whatever they're doing and go to their HO to trade with me.

When I want to actually sell something, I don't want to have to be online 24/7. I don't want to stop playing and go to my HO to trade.

I don't want to buy or sell hundreds of items a day.

I just want to make an auction for a few of my items and come back to the currency next day.

If some players like to buy and sell their stuff the current way, let them. If they want to flip hundreds of items the current way, let them.

Make it a MTX, make us pay for easier trading, but please offer a way to buy and sell our stuff in an Auction House.

Or please at least consider a currency AH for a start.

BTW could we please get ANY GGG response in this thread?

I guess it's either 1 or 48,000. Nothing in between, right?
I want to make the switch to primarily use GGG trade official, as it does have more comprehensive search functions... but there's something about poetrade's layout that's easier on the eyes for me.

I like that a lot of the commonly used stat input search boxes are visible by default, not hidden behind an expanding check-box. Search results also seem less cluttered. All primary stats (arm, eva, pdps, edps etc.) are neatly arranged into compact columns which makes stat comparisons easier because it's all in the one spot. Maybe I'm just too familiar with poetrade but it feels more intuitive and efficient to make searches compared to official.

Also, AFAIK, price checking with 3rd party trade macros doesn't work with official. Not sure where the responsibility lies with changing this but it's certainly one reason why poetrade will continue to be more useful to me.
--------------- THE MOOCH --------------
"
JayFinch wrote:
It seems to me like we're repeating ourselves over and over again, but the trading experience in this game leaves much to be desired to put it very mildly.

I don't have a problem with spending some time to set filters to find the item I need.

But when I find it on the listing, I don't want to have to go through several ignores, offlines od DNDs. I don't want to make the sellers stop whatever they're doing and go to their HO to trade with me.

When I want to actually sell something, I don't want to have to be online 24/7. I don't want to stop playing and go to my HO to trade.

I don't want to buy or sell hundreds of items a day.

I just want to make an auction for a few of my items and come back to the currency next day.

If some players like to buy and sell their stuff the current way, let them. If they want to flip hundreds of items the current way, let them.

Make it a MTX, make us pay for easier trading, but please offer a way to buy and sell our stuff in an Auction House.

Or please at least consider a currency AH for a start.

They've been pretty consistent that they're never going to do that. They might one day even allow you to do the search in-game, but you'll still have to actually manually contact and trade with people aka no auto-buy. Best to just accept it. It's not coming.
One of the few reasons i still use poe.trade over offical trade is because if i wanna search for just names it auto corrects it and on poetrade it doesn't do that.

Exsample if i search for "breachstones" on poetrade it takes them all but puts the cheapest first, which is very usefull to me peronally.

But on offical trade if you write breachstones and press enter it filles out the rest and takes one of them like Breachstones becomes = "Chayula's Breachstone" and i don't like that it might be usefull to some,

but it's not to me, it might just be me who is odd but it leaves me feeling forced into having to search on a complete breachstone name, and gives me less freedom and makes me feel stupid.

I hope we can get a switch so we can turn that off so we can search for stuff without it auto filling out the rest :)

Sincerely Green
Last edited by GreenDragons on Jul 17, 2018, 7:38:33 AM
just make a damn auction house already. this, current trade system sucks. it s practically impossible to buy anything when there s a race going on, or when the league is at its end, also if i wanna buy a map or gem, or whatever that is not expensive (talking about e.g. less then a chaos) noone fuckin responds, i have to like message 15 ppl in rapid succession for 1 to respond, or if i wait for a minute at every single message, buying a fuckin map would take like 10-15 minutes. i experience the same if i sell something. someone messages me that he is interested in buying one of my low priced item (for example a map) i kill the mob that i m currantly attacking and inviting him after like 0.3 seconds of his message, and instead of accepting the invitation, he either does nothing, or if he is a little bit respectful he says he bought one already, after 0.3 seconds of messaging me, and sending him the invitation. why? becouse he probably does the same thing as i am, messaging 15 ppl at once, and accepting the first one to respond.

THIS IS NOT A GOOD SYSTEM.

I know GGG, that you want player interaction, but this game has grown to a state, where "player interaction" in trading is not fun, or either acceptable, it s outright annoying and everything, but fun.

Introduce an auction house, where i put up my item for sale, and if someone buys it, ill get a noticifaction in a window where i can pick up the stuff i sold my item for, and i can place it in my inventory of stash, with also giving us this option, if someone really wants to pull all of his/her hair out.
Nice, but I would like to see this in-game.
I wasn't even aware there was an official ggg poe trading site. I'm going to give this a try.
"
JayFinch wrote:

sounds like a solid advice how to run a game. into the ground, i mean.

players like you who are unable to see the big picture wouldn't accept the changes that would be neccesary to have a global auction house.

customised search would be gone for example (like kn the xbox trading implementation). and i could imagine more items being account bound. like high value orbs. and there would definitely be a fee to put a item in there.

be careful what you wish for.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Fracture333 wrote:
I know GGG, that you want player interaction

They want interaction so much that finally there's no interaction at all between 99% of players because they don't trade.
The few who are trading do not really interact at all either, spam trade messages and when the "interaction" comes, it's click, click, click (and "thanks" in best case), that's all.
Trading is not and will never be (whether AH exists or not) a thing where there is an interaction with an other player.

They don't refuse AH because they want interaction, they refuse because they don't want it, point. It's a dogma.

SSF for ever :)
Last edited by LoloTwingo on Jul 17, 2018, 8:00:26 AM
"
Luy wrote:
make people sell the items for the price they announce it

Sounds like something a communist would want.

Let people choose when and how much to sell their own items. If they list one for a misleading price go elsewhere.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info