Trade Site Improvements

I hear the potential for economy manipulation using scripts is too high to make instant trade AH available. This makes sense and all... but let's not forget there are people already warping the economy with zombie accounts that don't reply.

Both systems are flawed but the current one has held for so long because it's the devil they know.

I say try AH and see what happens. If abuse is obvious, simply remove it from the game and revert. We got through Bestiary, right?? xD

TBH though, my only real desire is simply for cross-instance trading so i can stop missing trade opportunities. I often play public parties and they usually fill up quick, leaving no spot for trade invites. I've either gotta leave the party and lose my spot in the group or add the buyer as a friend and hope they're patient enough to wait in my ho til after map.

If AFK trade automation is an issue just implement a quick verification process (captcha or something robot-proof) for each cross instance trade made.
--------------- THE MOOCH --------------
Last edited by Damoochie on Jul 17, 2018, 8:24:43 AM
i LOVE THE NEW CHANGES VERY MUCH! Only concern is the new onslaught of people crying because some of us know how to use live search feature and get called flipping trash. If only these scrub-lords knew how to read.

Thank you very much GGG. I do appreciate all these changes very much.
Thank for some improvement , but it will be possible to have a personal bot trader system for the player that they won't be annoyed with trade when playing ? Because portal system is not made for trading while playing in map or if the player is AFK !
Last edited by Elf_97 on Jul 17, 2018, 8:30:02 AM
no ty, poe.trade > this.
Trade just needs an ability to buy items directly from people's stashes at the price listed, it gets rid of the biggest problems with trade the afk/fake listing element and just streamlines the whole process. Easier access to cheap stuff, less aggro for filling out the atlas / any other tedious purchases and still lets people have the interaction for haggling over particularly valuable items which are the only ones that shouldn't be sold for a direct price anyway.

I do realize that is far from a trivial request, but i think it'd be worth it in the long run.
"
Luy wrote:
make people sell the items for the price they announce it

lul

"
Draegnarrr wrote:
Trade just needs an ability to buy items directly from people's stashes at the price listed, it gets rid of the biggest problems with trade the afk/fake listing element and just streamlines the whole process. Easier access to cheap stuff, less aggro for filling out the atlas / any other tedious purchases and still lets people have the interaction for haggling over particularly valuable items which are the only ones that shouldn't be sold for a direct price anyway.

I do realize that is far from a trivial request, but i think it'd be worth it in the long run.

Do you have any clue how many items are listed by people that have quit the league? Unless what you're asking for required the seller to be online when the transaction occurred, a mass amount of currency would simply disappear because it would be going into stashes of players that aren't ever coming back for the duration of said league. As of right now, most currency gets injected back into the economy, as it should be. You think the economy is bad during the end of a league? That's nothing in comparison to what would happen if you could by items from offline players.
Last edited by BrownTown86 on Jul 17, 2018, 8:55:05 AM
call that an improvement, really..?

what's next, changing the header color and call it a trade improvement..?
IGN: Bluntexile
"
Bluntexile wrote:
call that an improvement, really..?

what's next, changing the header color and call it a trade improvement..?

It can be very important to know whether or not an item has a free prefix/suffix open for crafting. Just because it's not something YOU use doesn't mean it hasn't improved.
Last edited by BrownTown86 on Jul 17, 2018, 8:53:48 AM
neat!
We're all waiting for ingame market with offline trading and instant buyout. Take more time for this, start another legacy league, but make it your main priority! Everyone will thank you for that!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info