Trade Site Improvements

They're going to improve it some more, make it available in-game, and make it so we can instantly buy items that have a buyout price listed; in that order.

Mark my words.

It might take a few months, it might take a few years, but it's going to happen.
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
"
vio wrote:
"
JayFinch wrote:

If some players like to buy and sell their stuff the current way, let them. If they want to flip hundreds of items the current way, let them.

sounds like a solid advice how to run a game. into the ground, i mean.

I'm not sure I understand what you meant by that, but it seems like you don't like the paragraph you quoted very much.

Perhaps you misunderstood what I meant, because this particular paragraph speaks about letting players who don't want to buy the MTX with AH spots use the current system. Kind of like you don't have to buy a premium stash to be able to post your offers, but you can, if you want to.

"
vio wrote:

players like you who are unable to see the big picture wouldn't accept the changes that would be necessary to have a global auction house.

I'm sorry, I don't remember us ever meeting in game or in real life, but you seem to know what kind of player I am or whether I'm able to "see the big picture". Furthermore you say there would be changes that I wouldn't accept, which, again seems like an assumption on your side.

"
vio wrote:

customised search would be gone for example (like kn the xbox trading implementation). and i could imagine more items being account bound. like high value orbs. and there would definitely be a fee to put a item in there.

I don't see why the current search site (GGG's or poe.trade) would have to go away. It would just have to index the AH postings as well as postings on forums or through premium tabs.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood what you wanted to say. If so, please elaborate on why you think adding a possibility to buy a MTX with a few AH spots would be a bad idea. Maybe I have missed something and there would be some problems which would arise.

Do you think a currency AH would be a bad idea as well? What if it allowed a player say 10 buys or sells each day? And to prevent multi-accounts if it was gated behind reaching certain level or an MTX?
I guess it's either 1 or 48,000. Nothing in between, right?
Slightly better. But still suffers from the main issues.
Mostly, it's soo much 3rd party and time not playing/not having fun.

As you don't need to sell the items, it allows price faking. As well as price fixing.
Sure there's the 'price fixing is faster if they can click and buy mass' but there's no real reason why it can't/doesn't still happen. It's just listed items the price fixer can't buy either, so more frustrating as even more de'funked items and waiting for people to not reply.

This league, I've had people put a list price in, then say it's a different price when you msg.
Then abuse me when I said, then list it for that price.

Lots of language barrier with diff time zones.

Selling there's still stopping playing, talking, use a portal, waiting on the guy to show up. Manual trade. Get back to it.
- Even worse, if the guy dosen't show up.
- Even worse, swapping leagues, and not remembering to copy the guys name.
- Even worse, swapping leagues, then the guy won't trade or go's offline.

Feels like no one can actually barter. "Negotiable Price" vs "Fixed". Most people will crack it with you/ignore you even if you say 'same price, different currency'

Offline, it still feels bad when you can see a listed item, and the person dosen't play 24/7, or has quit the league.

People in lab/rotations/diff league and even worse then they take the time to sort a price then are like, but I can't actually be bothered trading it.

Trying to teach a new player how to look up things to see there value/what's listed same'ish as them.
(I guess with this one, there could be a show similar items. That fills in the fields, gives you a range to edit, shows you what can/can't be crafted/added. What max rolls could be.)

Tho I do totally understand the 'if it's too easy it's too easy to get good gear'.
I do get the items have 'weight' because they suck for inv, trade, and all that.
But I still feel having a crappy, time wasting, un-fun, non-game playing 'almost AH, but worse' isn't the most fun solution.
add trade house plz
pros:
-save our time
-stop price fixers
-stop trade spam
-avaliable trade with offline players
-no need to swap windows without 2 screens
cons:
-?
-ggg say no, cus emmm no?
Last edited by Hokek on Jul 17, 2018, 10:08:25 AM
"
Luy wrote:
make it in-game and make people sell the items for the price they announce it

or just make it ah and be done with the annoying player interactions

im waiting 2 weeks already to catch this guy online, cause hes only online when i sleep, ah would make me stop wasting time trying to catch him, and pming him on forum doesnt work since he havent logged in on forum for a month...
Last edited by Stuhr on Jul 17, 2018, 10:07:40 AM
Can some1 explain why there is not a "Trade Master" INGAME?? In 2018 is a waste of time trading this way.

1st of all, I need to BE ONLINE to sell something. And after this I have to STOP doing whatever im doing in that moment just to go to another hideout to press 3 buttons and then the trade is complete.

Totally senseless. The game is awesome, the way we trade sucks so much, so sad they are "improving" the website instead the game.

Just place the "website" in game, and copy diablo 3 auction house or wow auction, is not so hard.
current year is 2018... meanwhile trade system in this game reflects the year of 1998...

gggarbage as usual... when is the new mtx for <insert-random-skill-here> coming out as that seems far more important?

Must i fucking move to garena servers to have a proper trading system that reflects the current year we are in or just simply accept that you guys will never implement tencent's code and continue to whore mtx for the community?

PS: It's been what? 3-4 years that tencent has a ingame trading system?

fuck even xbox's trading system is better then the PC's current bullshit
i used both for the same search, they are pretty closely matched. Still, poe.trade has a better and simpler UI, plus many more players are really used to it (me too).

Trade is broken AF. Sick of "WTT Tier 13 Caldera for any other T13 map" - why can't some trades be automated? Human interaction is revolting sometimes. So much time wasted people loading up forever...
Less and less trading
"
hogscraper wrote:
GGG, if you were serious about making trade better you would add in a mailbox placeable for hideouts and when I click buy on the official website it takes my currency, takes their item and stops all this stupid price fixing and wasted time. Nothing like spending 30 minutes a day just idling in game as I send request after request for trade before just giving up spamming trade chat for currency or maps.

great suggestion
"
Since the launch of our Trade website in November, we have been reading all of your feedback, comments, and suggestions in an attempt to improve the Trade site as much as possible.

Well let`s face it. No one needs or wants your trade side because we already have poe.trade. We are asking for years now for an ingame trading system but you don`t give a fuck and instead deliver a tradeside that has no value at all. You want to improve it? Then bring it ingame!

"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info