Trade Site Improvements

"
We've also added the ability to filter items by their time listed. This allows players to see newly listed items first, or to look at items that have been listed for a while.

Now if only you could make the time listed reset when you change price on an item this would actually be useful. Now all it does it punish players with listings that are old but still relevant as far as price goes.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Well... in my point of view we seriously need to improve the things related with maps...

1- in the trade web site we could have some new filter for "map modifier quantity", for example, there is some challenge for maps with 8 mods, it would be pretty helpfull...

2- there is another problem related with that... i don't know what happens but people always delays pretty much to answer map purchase requests... it cause a ridiculous time lost and brake the players rythm of farm... and this is pretty serious to get players bored and unmotivated..., so in this case i thought 2 solutions:

2.1- ggg maintain a pool of maps without modifiers in the trade system than we are able to buy the quantity of maps that we want from the same "player", in this case it would be a ggg vendor in game

2.2- after reach Zana leve 8 and complete 100% of atlas bonus, we unlock the Zana as a map vendor, then we could buy all maps from her directly... to don't make it ridiculous easy... we have to unlock all atlas bonus for each character that we have, Zana level 8 we keep for the account...

I do prefer the option 2.2 above... and this would improve pretty much the playing time for everybody... unfortunatelly now we lost too much time searching and contact sellers to buy the maps that we need... it is a serious deal to keep players interested on the game...
Brazzilian Exile living in Italy...
"
blackout30 wrote:
"
Luy wrote:
make it in-game and make people sell the items for the price they announce it

In game is really the only way for GGG to have their own trade app that works, right now poe.trade is what 99% of players use and will continue to use.

Most players that are actually serious about trading use GGG's website. It is much better, faster and has additional features over poe.trade. It's actually sad people still think poe.trade is better or even worth using anymore.
"
Luy wrote:
make it in-game and make people sell the items for the price they announce it

I couldn't agree more. The price fixing got to a stage where a guy will post fake lower prices for so many separate e.g. divination cards that the poe.trade screen will be filled with his listings.

There has to be a reporting feature. If you have an item listed, you either fulfil your listing, or change it immediately (to address genuine errors and misclicks). Failure to do so will suspend all of your listings for 30 minutes, with increasing penalties for subsequent market manipulations.

Just bothers me that people will do whatever it takes to just get that few chaos discount, can't understand this mentality
"
We need a Trade Master.

You go to him and drop your items off at a specified price. Next time you go to town he/she will call you "Exile, I have supplies for you", and you pick up your AFK sales.

Agreed. I have suggested a while ago to convert Cadiro Perandus into a master, this sounds like a perfect job for him. (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2086936)

Alternatively, this might be a combeback for old Einhar. After the world didn't end he quit his idiotic menagerie and is a smuggler now: "You're scammed, stupid player!"

Joke aside, there is hardly any serious reason not to have an automatic trade system. Most of GGG's official arguments (http://webcdn.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2025870/page/1) are obviously unsubstantial and have been counterargued already perfectly in the replies to this post and in a lot of other discussions, the only one seriously left is trading bots profiting from currency exchange rates. But also for that the community has already brought up a lot of perfectly good solutions in their answers to that development manifesto and in other discussions (limitation of transaction numbers or value per account and day, having to enter a code displayed interwoven in a graphic and therefore only readable for a human being, having to solve simple calculations or answer simple questions any player knows and so on...).

The argument "AH makes it easier for rich players to buy up the whole market and dictate prices for resale" can only apply to a tiny minority of mirror-worthy items or perfect roll legacy uniques. For the vast majority of items and especially currency it's simply impossible. Who is that rich that he could buy up all the chrom or fus orbs on the worldwide market?!

The argument easy trade made super-items cheaply accessible and thus harmed the game is plainly ridiculous. Why would it be so bad if everybody could get great equipment? Why is it good to keep the elite gated? If those items are too strong, then it's a design flaw to allow their existence in the first place. If it's okay that they exist, why should only the elite have access to them? Why does it harm the balance of the game if everybody has them, but it's okay if only a chosen few have them?!
What GGG's policy of making trade annoying does is actually to cater to the elite by hindering small trade while not hindering big trade.
You have to alt+tab to an external website, copy a whisper message out of it, wait for response, and then, perhaps, one out of five or six sellers contacted actually will respond. That depends also on the price - for a 1-Alch-item, would you leave a map and loose a portal? No, certainly not. But for a 100-C-item, you would.

Actually GGG is giving trade bots an advantage, because they respond immediately and keep their promised prices, so it's often more pleasant to trade with them, especially simple currency exchanges. A human player doesn't respond at all or you have to wait until he finishes his Lab run or he might demand a higher price than advertised.

GGG's policy of making trade annoying prevents a mid-level player to sell his good, but level-wise outdated levelling gear for a few alchs to a low-level-player who would urgently need it for progression. GGG's policy certainly doesn't prevent any rich player from paying 300 Ex for a mirror. Trade restrictions harm the poor players, annoy the middle class players and help to preserve the elite gated.
Enjoy the damned labyrinth? Go play Tomb Raider...

Wraeclast is not Las Vegas! Stop the fucking RNG lottery!
Great news as I've been using the site recently. I actually prefer it over the other one.
It would be nice if you add opportunity for currency trading to people who don't have premium shash tabs. Like in poe.trade.

Update: my bad. it's already works, just like with regular items. no need to use site for putting prices. But still it's not very usefull if you want to buy something you don't have now, like div cards.
Last edited by Jackson765 on Jul 17, 2018, 5:22:55 AM
I myself will continue to use poe.trade and will do so until we get this ingame, i still dont get why we cant have a market board in game like the Xbox version. sure the Xbox version has its problems as in limited search options but having everything we have on the site (search wise) available in game and not having to physically trade people would be amazing.

Three times at least this week ive have currency traders go off at me for not taking there trade when you have to spam down the list til someone responds.... we wouldn't have this problem if we had some form of automated trading, i just want faster trading and less having to deal with people who either put items up to troll or just flat out ignore you when you want to buy there item.

OH and all the times you go to message someone and they say "sorry sold" would drop a ton too with a automated trade system, makes me want to play a league in SSF to be honest.
Haven't these guys heard about auction house? i would introduce it in a league and see how it works and if its ok, just keep it.
Do you know what is funny to me. How some streamers started to use official web site, when his design is so annoying. I'm pretty sure that they were asked by GGG to promote their site. Which is super stupid ppl should use it if is really better but not as it is... shit design and hard to understand any logic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info