[On Hold] Elemental Hit Ascendant [All Content]

How can I improve my single target? My map clear is terrible because rares take absolutely forever. I can one shot packs easy, but rares take 20-30 seconds. I've tried a separate single target setup with Frostferno and Chinsol but it's still bad. Where is the damage supposed to come from; what am I missing? I know my gear isn't any good, but I feel I am missing something major that accounts for a majority of the damage. Any help is appreciated, thanks!
Last edited by Blood_Sail on Jan 24, 2019, 12:09:12 PM
"
Blood_Sail wrote:
How can I improve my single target? My map clear is terrible because rares take absolutely forever. I can one shot packs easy, but rares take 20-30 seconds. I've tried a separate single target setup with Frostferno and Chinsol but it's still bad. Where is the damage supposed to come from; what am I missing? I know my gear isn't any good, but I feel I am missing something major that accounts for a majority of the damage. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

You really need a better bow, buy a porcupine set and use a +2 fire gems essence on it until you get attack speed. Your gems arent lvl 20, a 20/20 ele hit gem is 2 chaos, your quiver is also bad, just get a drillneck, get a tombfist or at least better gloves with life, res and attack speed.
@IllusiveGuy, thanks a ton noted on all points.
How can I improve my rare monsters clearing ?
Hi, can you help me?

I dont know if is better to change belt or maybe a chin sol for single target (atm i only have this bow but i can do everything in game... maybe i risk but char is very solid with 7700hp).

Thanks

Char link: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2183938
Just wanted to thank you for this build.

I've finally managed to take down Uber Elder with this build, though it was not straight forward (I live far away from all GGG Servers so I have to play with min. 150ms ping) the insane leech has saved me so many times.

For the people talking about lack of damage - This build, for me, was the perfect entrypoint to actually sit down and understand the power of PoB. Play around with the gems, understand how the Elemental hit level of your gem has a huge impact on your overall damage (spoiler - there's around a 1:3 factor difference in overall DPS between a lvl 18 elehit and 21 for my setup).
Hi there! Thanks for the great guide :)

Any idea what should i use to level before geting booth jewels?
Considering this as a first character without currency.
Is there something which could respec with the quest related respec points later on after geting booth jewels?
Me and my wife both play this build and so far it's quite nice. While not a +3 bow, I did craft this for both of us and it works quite nicely.

We haven't run into too many issues and we're farming T15-T16 relatively comfortably. We're farming up a bit more currency before I craft us better boss bows (or test against chin sol).
Last edited by kestalkayden on Jan 25, 2019, 2:17:54 PM
Hey. Been really enjoying the build. Killed Shaper deathless for the first time yesterday and then killed him 4 times more. He dropped the potion. Do we make any use of it?
Lots of great crafting discussion in chat. People really going for ULTIMATE bows as the league winds down. I do want to mention that I think Thicket Bows are great bases to craft on and that +2 Bow gems and +2 socketed support gems basically function the same when using empower.

If you haven't already I really encourage installing and messing with Path of Building which is a great resource for all the min/maxers of the world.

"
How important is the 20% socketed skills attack damage, seems like a pain to craft compared to multi-modding without it (planning on Frostferno)?
It's a 20% more multiplier, multiplicative with your end damage. It's a good mod but not absolutely mandatory.

"
Can we use might of the meeks and unnatural instinct with this build? I have them and was wondering if i could put them to any use
Absolutely usable. May want to consider going Crit if you go that route.

"
Is there a big difference when running empower 4.

Socketed Support gems +2 vs Socketed bow gems +2

Are they the same?
It's the same.

"
Most people are probably not using either, but thoughts on Vaal Grace vs Decoy Totem? Only have one slot available with Frostferno.
Both are quite good, I like Vaal Grace a lot if I had a free socket.

"
just downed UElder today, almost deathless but since im not that familiar with the fight ( only do like 3 attempts and all 3 was in this league ). build is just great, good scaling depending on how much u invest to it.
Congrats!

"
The boots section of the build suggests an "Open Prefix to craft Elemental Damage with Attacks" for rares. Is this actually a thing still? I can't find it in the mod list on PoEDB or the wiki.
It's not - guide updated and removed!

"
Have a bow swap or do a gem swap without GMP for single target.

"
Hey. Been really enjoying the build. Killed Shaper deathless for the first time yesterday and then killed him 4 times more. He dropped the potion. Do we make any use of it?
congrats on the kill - the flask can be used in conjunction with additional projectiles from other sources (bow/quiver) if you wanted to drop GMP

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info