[On Hold] Elemental Hit Ascendant [All Content]

"
IllusiveGuy wrote:

Took 4x four socket resonators to get to this point. Got all the right prefixes, but no good suffix. Should I try to annul a suffix (50% chance) and multi-mod or keep trying more resonators?

idk you financial situation :D
I don't think this bow is good enough without attack speed, I would annul it for sure.
But if it's your only bow, you should probably just try to craft another one.
"
blg_RealiZe wrote:
"
IllusiveGuy wrote:

Took 4x four socket resonators to get to this point. Got all the right prefixes, but no good suffix. Should I try to annul a suffix (50% chance) and multi-mod or keep trying more resonators?

idk you financial situation :D
I don't think this bow is good enough without attack speed, I would annul it for sure.
But if it's your only bow, you should probably just try to craft another one.

It have a Frostferno as backup and about 18ex.

My question I guess is multi-modding better than most resonator outcomes? Also should I try a shaper base instead?
"
IllusiveGuy wrote:
"
Enterich wrote:
Sorry for posting that again, but i couldnt find something related in the guide:

Any idea what i should use to level before geting booth jewels?
Considering this as a first character without currency.
Is there a levelingbuild which make it possible to respec with the quest related respec points later on after geting booth jewels?

Just use Ice Shot until you get both Jewels (they're very cheap). You'll need all the resepct points to go from the Scion starting area to the Duelist area after picking up the Path of the Duelist Ascendancy.

This build is not at all good to do without currency. Even leveling is a pain without several uniques.

Thanks for the nice reply!

Will try that out :) was going to use sunder and the way up to path of warrior to respec after.

But ice shot looks better!

Im doing an "fresh start simulation" right now , because i want to play ele hit scion with the next league , boored of my first two characters :P

And the jewels are pretty expensive the first days after a league starts , ive looked on poe ninja and the prices were around 8chaos for the jewels in the first 4-5 days , so 16chaos for booth.

What uniques are you considering as must to have to level up?
"
IllusiveGuy wrote:

My question I guess is multi-modding better than most resonator outcomes? Also should I try a shaper base instead?

crafted 12% double damage suffix is pretty strong.
If you hit something like that with resonators

it's gonna be better than crafted attack speed + double damage. Other than that hybrid attack speed, there is not that many good suffixes on elder bows. Extra arrow is good for map clearing, but it does nothing for single target DPS

It's A LOT harder to craft on shaped base bow
Look yourself:
https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Bow

with Jagged, Serrated, Metallic, Corroded on Elder bow we block EVERYTHING except +level prefixes and 20% more damage prefix, you just need to hit them.
And on shaped bow we still have a chance to get two tiers "cast on critical strike" and at least one tier of "frenzy charge on kill" with ilvl 81 or less base.
And you can't guarantee "+1lvl of socketed gems" with exalt slam on shaped bow even if you craft "cannot roll attack modifiers", because there is at least two tiers of "gain % of physical damage as extra cold" and at least one tier of frenzy charges.
And on elder bow with "cannot roll attack modifiers" you block everything except +1lvl of socketed gems prefix.

BUT, shaped bows can be a lot more powerfull because of 20% chance to deal double damage/attack speed hybrid suffix. It's up to you if you want to risk more and craft on shaped base with a chance to get a better bow, or to craft on elder base with more consistancy.

"
Enterich wrote:

What uniques are you considering as must to have to level up?

storm cloud bow (pick one with close to 50% attack speed), tabula rasa, goldrim, lochtonial caress
Enough to level up to the maps
Damage with ice shot is pretty bad even with tabula up to like lvl 40 where you can start to use ele hit with 2 jewels
I would NEVER start a league with this build, it's just terrible without investments.
Last edited by blg_RealiZe on Jan 26, 2019, 7:00:45 AM
"
blg_RealiZe wrote:
"
IllusiveGuy wrote:

crafted 12% double damage suffix is pretty strong.
If you hit something like that with resonators

it's gonna be better than crafted attack speed + double damage. Other than that hybrid attack speed, there is not that many good suffixes on elder bows. Extra arrow is good for map clearing, but it does nothing for single target DPS

It's A LOT harder to craft on shaped base bow
Look yourself:
https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Bow

with Jagged, Serrated, Metallic, Corroded on Elder bow we block EVERYTHING except +level prefixes and 20% more damage prefix, you just need to hit them.
And on shaped bow we still have a chance to get two tiers "cast on critical strike" and at least one tier of "frenzy charge on kill" with ilvl 81 or less base.
And you can't guarantee "+1lvl of socketed gems" with exalt slam on shaped bow even if you craft "cannot roll attack modifiers", because there is at least two tiers of "gain % of physical damage as extra cold" and at least one tier of frenzy charges.
And on elder bow with "cannot roll attack modifiers" you block everything except +1lvl of socketed gems prefix.

BUT, shaped bows can be a lot more powerfull because of 20% chance to deal double damage/attack speed hybrid suffix. It's up to you if you want to risk more and craft on shaped base with a chance to get a better bow, or to craft on elder base with more consistancy.

Okay, I think I understand.

If I keep using resonators on an elder bow, I'm aiming for the (11–12)% increased Attack Speed/20% increased Attack Speed if you've Killed Recently suffix. If I miss out on the +1 to socketted gems, I craft cannot roll attack modifiers.

Shaper bows have better suffixes, but it's harder to roll the correct prefixes and can't use the exalt slam method mentioned above.

Think I'll buy another Elder (or maybe Shaper if I want to risk it) base and keep trying resonators. Otherwise it's a waste of the base if I was just gonna multi-mod.

Thanks heaps! This crafting this is hard.
So, thank you very much for the guide. I decided to go with a movement-speed setup (30ms boots and Devotos) and only swapped my boots for Kaoms during uber-elder. I did shaper and uber-elder multiple times (hey, my first uber-elder ever - thats nice). Now I wonder if im done with the league or to tweak this build even further..

I would be happy if someone could take a look and comment on the gear.

https://pastebin.com/6Mp0zPWd

I am planning to do only two more levels to reach Celestial Judgement. However I can invest another 10ex or so in the build.

Clearspeed with 1 or 2 Players is awesome (for a party of 6 it is ok-ish), so i dont think theres improvement needed (about 350k clear and 1.2mil single-target).. however, single target could need a boost. I tried Drillneck and Malooneys with Point Blank corruption. As long as the enemy is blinded, the DPS is about the same. Are these the BIS quivers for this build? I did not find any quiver which gives me significant more DPS in POB... Maybe a better Bow? Change of jewels?
Thanks a lot for this Build - I'm playing since Abyssleague and just killed UberElder for the first time with your Build. Awesome Build and Work!
"
inferNOH wrote:
So, thank you very much for the guide. I decided to go with a movement-speed setup (30ms boots and Devotos) and only swapped my boots for Kaoms during uber-elder. I did shaper and uber-elder multiple times (hey, my first uber-elder ever - thats nice). Now I wonder if im done with the league or to tweak this build even further..

I would be happy if someone could take a look and comment on the gear.

https://pastebin.com/6Mp0zPWd

I am planning to do only two more levels to reach Celestial Judgement. However I can invest another 10ex or so in the build.

Clearspeed with 1 or 2 Players is awesome (for a party of 6 it is ok-ish), so i dont think theres improvement needed (about 350k clear and 1.2mil single-target).. however, single target could need a boost. I tried Drillneck and Malooneys with Point Blank corruption. As long as the enemy is blinded, the DPS is about the same. Are these the BIS quivers for this build? I did not find any quiver which gives me significant more DPS in POB... Maybe a better Bow? Change of jewels?

Try another tree with two might of the meek jewels
you get about +650 HP, about 20% more damage, but you lose piercing shots
Also you can consider getting attack speed nodes and a jewel slot near might of the meeks, it's a very powerfull nodes. Too bad unnatural instinct jewel is out of your budget, it's crazy good on scion

https://pastebin.com/yaeG054w
Your gale rain bow is pretty solid, I don't think that you need an upgrade
For quivers I use these

I don't think it's possible to find something a lot better
Last edited by blg_RealiZe on Jan 26, 2019, 12:06:35 PM
Which is better: A 1 abyssal tombfist with elemental weakness corruption or regular 2 abyssal tombfist?
"
Sio1993 wrote:
Which is better: A 1 abyssal tombfist with elemental weakness corruption or regular 2 abyssal tombfist?

I'm trying both now, feels kinda the same tbh
ele weakness gives more DPS, 2 socket gives more HP from extra jewel

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info