[On Hold] Elemental Hit Ascendant [All Content]

"
blg_RealiZe wrote:
"
So quick question here:
Is +1lvl Socketed Gems AND +2lvl Bow gems (combined with Empower!) or +1lvl socketed Gems AND +2lvl Support Gems (combined with Empower!)

I´m trying to craft my own bow and would like to know which would be the better combination since +2lvl support Gems could be crafted.

Hope you can help me with this :P

+2 support gems is better, this way you get the same lvl for ele hit and mirage archer, but you get +2lvl to all other support gems too
but you should try to get 20% more attack damage prefix too, it's very powerfull

thx for the Information.
The only thing i crafted is this (first try):

(don´t mind the price tag!!)

But since no open prefix or suffixes its not the right one for me (unlucky!)
Now i want to try craft a new one today and know i best need +1lvl gems and 20% dmg so i can try craft the rest on it.

Or do you have any other advice?
Last edited by destiNATION1337 on Jan 23, 2019, 6:31:51 AM
"
eZen wrote:
"
blg_RealiZe wrote:

it's not THAT hard, but it's RNG involved ofc. Should be doable in like 5-20 resonators
There is similar bows with that prefixes for like 8-12 ex on poe.trade.
You need one with those prefixes and at least one open suffix so you can "prefixes cannot be changed", scour and multicraft, but it's like +5ex to the price of a bow

don't forget, you'll need another source of point blank with a rare bow (on your tree or on corrupted quiver)

So can you tell me ( again sorry just to be 100% clear ) what i need to get a +3 with 20% more attack damage ?

i tried to look the price for that WITH the chance to deal double damage and the only bow that come up are Mirror price lol

you need these prefixes (I crafted this one in 7 resonators btw and scoured suffixes)

and you can multicraft 13% attack speed and 12% double damage (2ex multimod, 1 ex double damage, 1ex attack speed)

This one is almost mirror tier, but it's because of 20% double damage/attack speed suffix hybrid
Last edited by blg_RealiZe on Jan 23, 2019, 6:33:37 AM
"
blg_RealiZe wrote:

with metallic, jagged, serrated, corroded fossils in 4-socket resonator on elder bow you can pretty much isolate any other possible prefixes, you just need to hit these with an open suffix, then craft "prefixes cannot be changed", scour it and multicraft attack speed and double damage

Probably a stupid question, but I don't understand how being an Elder bow helps you to be more likely to get those prefixes.
"
IllusiveGuy wrote:

Probably a stupid question, but I don't understand how being an Elder bow helps you to be more likely to get those prefixes.

because if you hit "+2lvl bow gems" and 20% more damage with attack skills you can guarantee +1lvl to socketed gems slam with exalt on elder bow and you can do that on shaped bow. That makes prefixes crafting a lot more consistant

If you want to hit those prefixes only with fossils, then yea - there is no difference
And if you are lucky, you can even hit those prefixes and hybrild double damage + attack speed suffix on shaped bow. More risk - more reward
Last edited by blg_RealiZe on Jan 23, 2019, 8:36:06 AM
"
blg_RealiZe wrote:

because if you hit "+2lvl bow gems" and 20% more damage with attack skills you can guarantee +1lvl to socketed gems slam with exalt on elder bow and you can do that on shaped bow. That makes prefixes crafting a lot more consistant

Sorry, one more question: How does Elder/Shaper base guarantee slamming +1 to gems?

Thanks for your help!
Last edited by IllusiveGuy on Jan 23, 2019, 8:59:20 AM
"
IllusiveGuy wrote:
"
blg_RealiZe wrote:

Sorry, one more question: How does Elder/Shaper base guarantee slamming +1 to gems?

Thanks for your help!

craft "cannot roll attack modifiers" with two other suffixes and two other prefixes

all other mods except "+1 lvl to socketed gems" on elder bow are attacks
https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Bow
On shaped bow there is 2 or 3 tiers "phys damage as extra cold damage" and one or two tiers of "chance to gain frenzy charge on kill" (depends on ilvl of bow), so even if you block attack mods, chance to hit lvl of gems with ex slam is rather low

btw, if you craft on elder bow with 3-socket resonators with metallic, corroded, serrated fossils, you can't roll "frenzy charges" and "Socketed Gems are supported by Level 18 Cast On Critical Strike".
but you still have one tier of chaos damage and one tier of poison with this combination, but you have a chance to hit 20% more damage prefix

with metallic, corroded, jagged in 3-socket resonator you can't hit 20% more damage mod, but you can't hit poison mods also and you guarantee ONLY +lvl gems prefixes on elder bow. It can be a low budget variant of crafting
Last edited by blg_RealiZe on Jan 23, 2019, 9:57:33 AM
"
blg_RealiZe wrote:
"
IllusiveGuy wrote:
"
blg_RealiZe wrote:

Thanks for your help!

craft "cannot roll attack modifiers" with two other suffixes and two other prefixes

all other mods except "+1 lvl to socketed gems" on elder bow are attacks
https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Bow
On shaped bow there is 2 or 3 tiers "phys damage as extra cold damage" and one or two tiers of "chance to gain frenzy charge on kill" (depends on ilvl of bow), so even if you block attack mods, chance to hit lvl of gems with ex slam is rather low

btw, if you craft on elder bow with 3-socket resonators with metallic, corroded, serrated fossils, you can't roll "frenzy charges" and "Socketed Gems are supported by Level 18 Cast On Critical Strike".
but you still have one tier of chaos damage and one tier of poison with this combination, but you have a chance to hit 20% more damage prefix

with metallic, corroded, jagged in 3-socket resonator you can't hit 20% more damage mod, but you can't hit poison mods also and you guarantee ONLY +lvl gems prefixes on elder bow. It can be a low budget variant of crafting

Thinking of trying to craft a bow like this. Why an elder bow over a normal bow? (not shaped) If going for a multimod I mean
"
Kadivh wrote:

Thinking of trying to craft a bow like this. Why an elder bow over a normal bow? (not shaped) If going for a multimod I mean

why not? there is a chance to hit a pretty good hybrid suffix "12 %attack speed/ 20% attack speed when you've killed recently" on elder bow
or "bow attacks fire an additional arrow"

I don't see any benefits of using normal bow

"

thx for the Information.

Now i want to try craft a new one today and know i best need +1lvl gems and 20% dmg so i can try craft the rest on it.

I would just risk to 50/50 annul a suffix, craft "prefixes cannot be changed", scour and multicraft attack speed and double damage
I don't think this bow is good enough as it is IMO
Last edited by blg_RealiZe on Jan 23, 2019, 8:30:43 PM
"
blg_RealiZe wrote:
"
Kadivh wrote:

why not? there is a chance to hit a pretty good hybrid suffix "12 %attack speed/ 20% attack speed when you've killed recently" on elder bow

I see what you mean. But If I'm gonna scour everything and multimod anyways, a 6L normal bow is way cheaper. Of course, I could get lucky and get everything I want without multimodding. In that case, an elder bow is superior. Thanks for clarifying :)

Crafted this

No open suffix is sad, but I'll take it for now
Last edited by Kadivh on Jan 23, 2019, 11:43:58 AM
"
blg_RealiZe wrote:
"
Kadivh wrote:

"

thx for the Information.

I would just risk to 50/50 annul a suffix, craft "cannot roll attack modifiers", scour and multicraft attack speed and double damage
I don't think this bow is good enough as it is IMO

So i did it and anulled it :P (lucky me!)

But i have really no idea what to do next..
Do mind help me going through this (via PM or ingame)?

I dont get, why "cannot roll attack mods" + Scouring (which resets the bow) should make this better

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info