[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

Got reccomended this build will give update on how it goes.
Has anyone tried removing Revelry (mana on hit) from the bottom of the tree to free up a few more points? Im not sure if the 0.4% leech would be enough to sustain without it.

Thanks
"
BroPeep wrote:
Has anyone tried removing Revelry (mana on hit) from the bottom of the tree to free up a few more points? Im not sure if the 0.4% leech would be enough to sustain without it.

Thanks

Depends on the amount of mana you reserve, I think. If you reserve 90% of your mana you might need Revelry. If you reserve 75-80%, it's not needed.

You could of course try it yourself for a few regrets.

Or get a jewel with mana on hit.
Last edited by Tr0gledyte on Jan 10, 2019, 4:56:22 PM
What gear should I upgrade to improve my dps/survivability?
My poor Scion has gone through 5 different builds already this league before I ended up on this one.

And man is it fun!

This is my current PoB: https://pastebin.com/FH9A5gzS
I know, I know, I don't have Point Blank... I need 96 and it will be there. Right now all I run is Elder Precinct so who cares about Point Blank. I don't plan on doing heavy bossing on this anyway.

I had a bunch of gear laying around:
- 80% Loreweave with decent rolls
- Unnatural Instinct
- Windshriek (+1 Curse)
- Devoto's (9% Flicker Strike damage per Frenzy charge enchant)

Because of the Windshrieks and Unnatural Instinct I had laying around and the isanely cheap Diamond Rings I was able to pick up (10c and 25c) I decided to see if dropping the top half of the tree in favor of a Crit route on the Ranger/Shadow side could work.
I bought a pair of gloves with the Incursion Fire Damage mod on them AND Enfeeble on hit corruption so I was able to drop Enfeeble from my Despair setup. Freeing up a nice chunk of mana which I then decided to fill up with Vitality. Technically I could upgrade my Watcher's Eye to an Anger (Fire Pen) + Vitality (Life Recovery) but to be fair I can pretty much face tank everything including T16 Syndicates aslong as I keep an eye on Tora...
Ok, tell me this please.... why not take elementalist over juggernaut
"
WesolyFarmer wrote:
Ok, tell me this please.... why not take elementalist over juggernaut

- endurance charges are great, tons of mitigation right there and longer phys immunity time from immortal call. only other way to get this effect is a unique explicit (which is like 18ex+ atm)
- stun immunity is great, saves your ass oh so many times.
- chill immunity, not quite as good, but it does help a bit too
- 1000 accuracy helps keeping the damage going, without being able to take hits cant be evaded elsewhere this is a huge gain in hitrate.

meanwhile what does elementalist offer?
small damage boosts, another golem that cant survive for shit and the ability to run ele reflect maps instead of rerolling/selling them
Last edited by Cash4Cookies on Jan 10, 2019, 9:49:02 PM
why not use a Kaom heart since it gives 40% increased fire damage and a corrupted one gives addition 40-50% increased damage and use 2 swords instead of one each for 1 skill? wouldnt that increase our Hp by a lot and also increase damage we make?
Would this build be HH viable?
"
Monhsaroh wrote:
"
Drax6661 wrote:
Hello
Thank you for this guide is really strong and very pleasant to play.
I expect to arrive at the end of the build, more than to raise 100.
I link my equipment, do you have any remarks to make me to improve my HP (6800)

thank you

Looking at your current character gear looks amazing, any upgrades would be either very expensive % increased damage corruption on chest (~20ex) or double anger watcher's eye (~30ex). Each of these will add around 8% more damage.

"
taylangur wrote:
Doing all content with this build now, so thanks for the guide :) Did Uber Elder and Atziri deathless too!
Is there a way to sneak in some life on hit to this build? Not really dying anymore but why not xD

Can use Elder rings with 16+ life gain on hit.

"
danabower05 wrote:
This build might be the first one I have that I will be able to beat Shaper. Just working my way up to getting the fragments for it. Just beat red elder with one death from standing in bad. I went the route of having two weapons and switching while using Kaom's heart. I will eventually get a corrupted Kaom's with increased damage corruption. I was just wondering what is the next step to upgrade? What will give me the best bang for the least amount. The helm enchant is still really expensive around 8ex. Any ideas?

For sure a boot enchant/corruption will give the most power for the least cost. There are many listed in the armor explanation section for boots. A blind on hit jewel will also provide a lot of boss/syndicate melee damage mitigation.

Since you're using Kaoms it is probably worthwhile to pick up the might of the meeks before the +2 helmet, as the % increased life bonus from scion life wheel becomes a lot more effective. After all that go for the +2 helmet, despite the high price tag it is worth it - 1.4x more molten strike damage is no joke.

Can drop the vitality void passive at this point as well, your damage is so high that it isn't doing much (Just giving +200hp leeched a second, not worth 2 passives).

"
Kelmain9 wrote:
I hope I didn't miss it in the 75 pages but I would like to see some discussion on best maps to elder/shape/farm, given flicker strike.

There are lots of lists about people's favorite maps to elder (UGS <cough>) but Flicker Strike is kind of 'special' so I thought I would see if there were any theories on best maps to run.

Anything with a narrow straightforward route works really well, just some examples would be belfry and toxic sewers.

"
Slendin wrote:
Profile should be public now, and thanks for responding!
Appreciate it allot!

Thanks for setting it to public, here's some ways to improve:

- Get a little bit more lightning resist so you get to 75%, even though you're just 10% under the cap you're taking 40% more lightning damage than necessary. I realize that you have a flask with resist on it but it won't always be active especially for boss fights.

- Bleed, freeze and curse immunity on flasks. The bleed immunity is the most important one, right now you have no protection vs corrupted blood monsters. Flasks in general provide a lot of utility, really suggest reading the flask explanation section of the guide and switching flasks accordingly.

- I'd consider changing the "Beast Twirl, two stone ring" as well. Either get one with some life on it, or get a "The Taming" ring, which would provide even more offensive power as well as more resists.

Hope this helps.

"
ButzemannDE wrote:
Hey thanks for the awesome build but somehow i have way mor mana reserved then in your videos, im using anger, enfeeble and flammability. Are you using any mana reserved jewels? I have 90% Mana reserved.

The enhance gem is the most likely reason for less mana reserved, it's not being used in the videos.

Thanks for the tips both of you guys, made the adjustments and feeling better already :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info