[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

"
mentle88 wrote:
Current Gear:
Spoiler

Hello Everyone, started out new this league and went with arc witch to get started and moved over to this build as a change of pace and really enjoying it so far. Wanted to get some feedback on what I think i should be headed too and see if I'm on the right track.

MS is definitely better at boss damage or single target syndicates but my POB link i checked on today was showing my MS DPS to be pretty low end in comparison to flicker (i think 86k to 145k total DPS respectively). Is this accurate or am i missing something important to check. Flicker strike beats down bosses as well as long as i don't blip out of range a ton.

My gems are nearly 20 and im going to quality up a majority of them, pretty passive upgrade but should be noticable for some extra damage.

I have a better oro's that is sucking up my fusings in my stash so I can get my 6th link connected for MS.

My life total is a little on the low end at being ~5k but really tanky and I feel like I only die when i'm standing where I shouldn't be. This is due to the life nodes i switched out for DPS ones to see if that helped clear speed and flicker smashing trash. the next 6 levels are all life 5% nodes.

Is there a better thing to be focusing on currently or is this a good course to stay? I've vaal'd a few unique jewels looknig for a quick corrupted blood immunity but only the ones i've picked up since it isn't really a priority atm i think.

Thanks!

Ok I think you should put ms in a 6link and put your flicker in a 5link just because the clear ability doesn't need to be as strong as the single target atleast till you 6link oro's.
Hello, i just started to play this build 2 days ago, what do u think is the priority for me to upgrade right now at this point?

my character is "laculisueltah"

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/joakoo15/characters
"
joakoo15 wrote:
Hello, i just started to play this build 2 days ago, what do u think is the priority for me to upgrade right now at this point?

The biggest things sticking out to me are enchants need to work those out +2 molten strike on helmet mainly.

Also if you look at the gear section of the guide he explains how to craft a bis stygian vise so you can have another jewel in the build with a high damage belt.

Still working on mine need to get some things like the amulet which will boost my dmg alot. You however it will be minor increases more than likely.
Hello, love the build so far, but when it comes too the Atziri's Step boots, is the +1Endurance better than the enchants? it's kinda unclear which one is the strongest in the guide.

Also if you got the time, could you check my character: Scionslutty
Kinda unsure where i get the biggest upgrades atm.

Thanks for this build, its insanely fun my dude :D
Last edited by AdvancedHD on Jan 12, 2019, 6:36:51 PM
Loving the build so far. Seems like a great expansion on the old flick/flurry oni gorishi characters. One question on the 6th link for flicker strike. Why ruthless over ancestral call as a 6th link since flicker is just for clearing?
Why loaded POB link's doesnt work ? There is only tree, but empty items and skills
"
mentle88 wrote:
Is there a better thing to be focusing on currently or is this a good course to stay? I've vaal'd a few unique jewels looknig for a quick corrupted blood immunity but only the ones i've picked up since it isn't really a priority atm i think.

Thanks!

Figuring out molten strike dps with POB is really odd. It's an amazing tool but a bug in the program makes it so that it doesn't count the increased attack speed from multi-strike, but it counts the reduced damage drawback. It's also showing damage per ball, not total damage. On top of this, it doesn't appear that POB is counting cinderswallows "enemies take 10% increased damage while ignited" either. Here's how to calculate your dps:

First let me say that if you don't want to read you can use this site (edit: this site is a bit outdated, multiply final damage by 1.26x) note that it looks like the dps is being calculated on boss monsters, which have lower fire resist than shaper/elder/guardians.

If you want to read:

1) Find the average damage per magma ball

Spoiler

2) Find attack speed of MELEE hits with molten strike. A bug in POB results in the attack speed bonus of multi-strike not being applied to the magma ball calculations.

Spoiler

3) Multiply:

Average damage per ball X Attacks per second X # of balls you have X 0.46. The 0.46 is there because on big boss targets like shaper or elder, there is roughly a 46% chance for each ball to hit a target.

In this example we have an average ball damage of 59 000, attacks per second of 9.86 and let's say 9 balls (with dying sun flask). This would result in a magma ball dps of 59 000 x 9.86 x 9 x 0.46 = 2.4 million.

4) Add molten strike melee damage

Spoiler

2.4mil + 400k = 2.8mil

5) Since we get culling strike, multiply this by 1.1

2.8 x 1.1 ~ 3.1 million

----

Your current dps, looking at your POB:

These numbers were found ignoring the cinderswallow urn flask (not supported by POB) as well as on a 5link:

Vs a target with high elemental resistance (shaper / guardian), each of your magma balls deals around 27.5k damage and is fired every 8.68 seconds. Since you fire 5 balls every time - 27.5k x 5 x 8.68 x 0.46 (chance for every magma ball to hit) = 550k dps

You're also doing 142k dps with the melee hit portion of molten strike. So 550k + 142k = 692k

With culling = 692k x 1.1 = 761k

Vs a standard boss which has lower resist (anything with a brown nametag, syndicate, map boss, etc), each magma ball goes up to 33k damage. (33k x 5 x 8.68 x 0.46) = 660k. 660k + melee damage = 830k. With culling, 830k x 1.1 = around 910k dps.

Gear looks great, a few suggestions would be:

Getting a "panicked" mod on the life flask, gives instant recovery when you need it.

Lightning resist isn't capped.

Getting a higher rolled Oro's sacrifice.

Pick up a anger watcher's eye next, big damage increase.

Focus high HP on jewels. If these seem too expensive, ignore damage stats and just look for ones with +45-50HP.

Hope this helps.

"
joakoo15 wrote:

In order of priority:

- Respec out of "Widom of the glade", use a blessed orb on your Impresence so you have enough int to use level 20 enfeeble, put those two extra passive points into "Divine Fervour". This will give +7% more damage.

- Abyss jewel with % chance to blind on hit

- Both rings could be a lot better.

- Belt could be upgraded to stygian vise.

- Atziri's step either corrupted or with a lab enchant. Details in armor section.

- Overall try to get as many +45-50 hp abyss jewels as you can, once you get jewel socket near acrobatics + sytigan vise you can come quite close to 7k life.

- Save up for +2 helmet, it's worth it.

"
AdvancedHD wrote:
Hello, love the build so far, but when it comes too the Atziri's Step boots, is the +1Endurance better than the enchants? it's kinda unclear which one is the strongest in the guide.

Also if you got the time, could you check my character: Scionslutty
Kinda unsure where i get the biggest upgrades atm.

Thanks for this build, its insanely fun my dude :D

Double corruption of two useful stats that includes endurance charge > % increased critical strike chance if you haven't crit recently enchant > +1 endurance > all the other lab enchants.

This is fairly subjective though. Hard to compare offensive perks with defensive perks.

Gearwise:

- Divine Oro's sacrifice to a higher roll. The one you're using right now is perfectly average, just a few divines should result in a better one

- Throw some divines on your Impresence too, it's almost perfectly minimum roll

- Buy a Atziri's promise with +15% elemental damage as extra chaos

- Victory turn ring could be upgraded

- Quality on flasks

Overall gear looks really solid, two thumbs up.

"
bubba42124 wrote:
Loving the build so far. Seems like a great expansion on the old flick/flurry oni gorishi characters. One question on the 6th link for flicker strike. Why ruthless over ancestral call as a 6th link since flicker is just for clearing?

Honestly I'm not sure if ancestral call or ruthless is better, which is why ancestral call is a possible gem swap in the endgame gem section. I've played a lot with both and am still undecided.

There's a lot of moments where ancestral call would be better than ruthless, and a lot of moments where ruthless would be better than ancestral call. To me it felt like ruthless felt smoother in more situations due to how much more quickly rares died compared to ancestral call and so it stays the recommended gem setup.

Highly suggest trying both ancestral call and ruthless, they are the same color so they are easy to swap and play around with.

On a side note ruthless provides another layer of defense, by more than doubling the stun duration on enemies (base stun duration of 0.8 seconds up from 0.35 seconds), while ancestral call does not have a defensive benefit.

"
dev999 wrote:
Why loaded POB link's doesnt work ? There is only tree, but empty items and skills

Check the POB's in the video section, they should have gear / skills. I'll add gear / skills to the passive tree part since a lot of people have been asking.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
Last edited by Monhsaroh on Jan 13, 2019, 1:24:25 AM
Selling these badboys, which are perfeclty made for this build and dont want them to rot away in my stash because nobody is searching for crazy combinations like that.

It basically saves you 35% mana reserved and you can run Aspect of the Spider on top which I did for example.

Didnt see any gloves that come close. Rerolling another build.
Feel free to pm me here or ingame with offers (@VaalNoLife) :)

Also selling the following for this build:

HF & GL
Last edited by pyloniac on Jan 13, 2019, 5:52:51 AM
Hi,

This is my first character that reached maps (started playing about three weeks ago), so thank you for the build.

However, I feel that even though I have around 4900 HP, I die more often than I should. For example, I tried Uber Lab today and got one hit by last phase Izaro. Any Tips on my gear would be appreciated, as it seems that you can take a lot more hits than I do.

Any advices on how to do the shaper phase on red elder fight?
He ends up dieing and im not too fast enough to kill the adds with flicker.

Should i just magma orb them and keep jumping between the portals?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info