[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

"
Wetfix wrote:
I have a question. Currently at 6.2k health and sometimes find it hard to sustain health. Would elder ring with +20 life on hit be benificial to the build.

yes, life on hit will help a bit with hp sustain, atleast on molten strike, since thats a lot of stuff that can trigger it. maybe not quite as much for flicker since it doesnt hit as much other than melee splash

edit: quick checked profile and you already seem to have a life on hit gem in molten, so dont think having another 20 would change that much.
also....gotta fix your links man. ancestral protector not linked to faster attacks. ice golem not linked to cwdt (we all know that little shitter doesnt survive anything)
life flask could use an upgrade to eternal (i'd recommend cannot be frozen on lifeflask since you usually only need to tap that and having anti curse on basalt flask, so it makes you immune to curses during the whole time it is up. 20Q% on that too)

gloves could need an upgrade. dont really need to be spiked gloves, molten strike projectils don't benefit from the implicit. instead some flat fire dmg/dmg vs burning rolls and/or attack speed would help more.

ring could be a tad better too, sneaking in some flat fire dmg would help your dmg output.

also, dont seem to have a blind jewel, thats big vs bosses.

"
Slendin wrote:
Would some 1 mind helping my out and check my setup :).
Loving this build, and im at level 91 now.

But for some reason i feel squizy, althow everything is fine with my setup?
Maybe some 1 can help me out :) first month in the game so far, and this build makes me love this game!

characters are set to private, gotta change it if you want advice.
Last edited by Cash4Cookies on Jan 10, 2019, 9:22:18 AM
I hope I didn't miss it in the 75 pages but I would like to see some discussion on best maps to elder/shape/farm, given flicker strike.

There are lots of lists about people's favorite maps to elder (UGS <cough>) but Flicker Strike is kind of 'special' so I thought I would see if there were any theories on best maps to run.
"
Cash4Cookies wrote:
"
Wetfix wrote:
I have a question. Currently at 6.2k health and sometimes find it hard to sustain health. Would elder ring with +20 life on hit be benificial to the build.

yes, life on hit will help a bit with hp sustain, atleast on molten strike, since thats a lot of stuff that can trigger it. maybe not quite as much for flicker since it doesnt hit as much other than melee splash

edit: quick checked profile and you already seem to have a life on hit gem in molten, so dont think having another 20 would change that much.
also....gotta fix your links man. ancestral protector not linked to faster attacks. ice golem not linked to cwdt (we all know that little shitter doesnt survive anything)
life flask could use an upgrade to eternal (i'd recommend cannot be frozen on lifeflask since you usually only need to tap that and having anti curse on basalt flask, so it makes you immune to curses during the whole time it is up. 20Q% on that too)

gloves could need an upgrade. dont really need to be spiked gloves, molten strike projectils don't benefit from the implicit. instead some flat fire dmg/dmg vs burning rolls and/or attack speed would help more.

ring could be a tad better too, sneaking in some flat fire dmg would help your dmg output.

also, dont seem to have a blind jewel, thats big vs bosses.

"
Slendin wrote:
Would some 1 mind helping my out and check my setup :).
Loving this build, and im at level 91 now.

But for some reason i feel squizy, althow everything is fine with my setup?
Maybe some 1 can help me out :) first month in the game so far, and this build makes me love this game!

characters are set to private, gotta change it if you want advice.

Profile should be public now, and thanks for responding!
Appreciate it allot!
Hey thanks for the awesome build but somehow i have way mor mana reserved then in your videos, im using anger, enfeeble and flammability. Are you using any mana reserved jewels? I have 90% Mana reserved.

Thanks

edit: I think it has something to do with me not having an additional curse effet skillpoint?
Last edited by ButzemannDE on Jan 10, 2019, 12:20:18 PM
"
Drax6661 wrote:
Hello
Thank you for this guide is really strong and very pleasant to play.
I expect to arrive at the end of the build, more than to raise 100.
I link my equipment, do you have any remarks to make me to improve my HP (6800)

thank you

Looking at your current character gear looks amazing, any upgrades would be either very expensive % increased damage corruption on chest (~20ex) or double anger watcher's eye (~30ex). Each of these will add around 8% more damage.

"
taylangur wrote:
Doing all content with this build now, so thanks for the guide :) Did Uber Elder and Atziri deathless too!
Is there a way to sneak in some life on hit to this build? Not really dying anymore but why not xD

Can use Elder rings with 16+ life gain on hit.

"
danabower05 wrote:
This build might be the first one I have that I will be able to beat Shaper. Just working my way up to getting the fragments for it. Just beat red elder with one death from standing in bad. I went the route of having two weapons and switching while using Kaom's heart. I will eventually get a corrupted Kaom's with increased damage corruption. I was just wondering what is the next step to upgrade? What will give me the best bang for the least amount. The helm enchant is still really expensive around 8ex. Any ideas?

For sure a boot enchant/corruption will give the most power for the least cost. There are many listed in the armor explanation section for boots. A blind on hit jewel will also provide a lot of boss/syndicate melee damage mitigation.

Since you're using Kaoms it is probably worthwhile to pick up the might of the meeks before the +2 helmet, as the % increased life bonus from scion life wheel becomes a lot more effective. After all that go for the +2 helmet, despite the high price tag it is worth it - 1.4x more molten strike damage is no joke.

Can drop the vitality void passive at this point as well, your damage is so high that it isn't doing much (Just giving +200hp leeched a second, not worth 2 passives).

"
Kelmain9 wrote:
I hope I didn't miss it in the 75 pages but I would like to see some discussion on best maps to elder/shape/farm, given flicker strike.

There are lots of lists about people's favorite maps to elder (UGS <cough>) but Flicker Strike is kind of 'special' so I thought I would see if there were any theories on best maps to run.

Anything with a narrow straightforward route works really well, just some examples would be belfry and toxic sewers.

"
Slendin wrote:
Appreciate it allot!

Thanks for setting it to public, here's some ways to improve:

- Get a little bit more lightning resist so you get to 75%, even though you're just 10% under the cap you're taking 40% more lightning damage than necessary. I realize that you have a flask with resist on it but it won't always be active especially for boss fights.

- Bleed, freeze and curse immunity on flasks. The bleed immunity is the most important one, right now you have no protection vs corrupted blood monsters. Flasks in general provide a lot of utility, really suggest reading the flask explanation section of the guide and switching flasks accordingly.

- I'd consider changing the "Beast Twirl, two stone ring" as well. Either get one with some life on it, or get a "The Taming" ring, which would provide even more offensive power as well as more resists.

Hope this helps.

"
ButzemannDE wrote:
Hey thanks for the awesome build but somehow i have way mor mana reserved then in your videos, im using anger, enfeeble and flammability. Are you using any mana reserved jewels? I have 90% Mana reserved.

The enhance gem is the most likely reason for less mana reserved, it's not being used in the videos.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
So would you recommend switching enhance out? for another gem or does it get better when i get more mana, becuase i feel like flicker sometimes stops because i dont have enough mana.
"
Slendin wrote:

Appreciate it allot!

flask, flasks, flask!
panicked eternal life flask of heat
basalt flask of waring (prefix can be whatever)

mana flask shouldn't be needed, can happily drop that.

rotgut/stibnite is not really that needed either, just grab an abyss jewel with onslaught on kill. like you can keep em, but you dont really need them. getting it from jewels is preferable.

gem quality, lots of room for improvement.
2nd wep slot is empty, grab some shitty weps, drop em in to level and do 1 gemcutter+ lvl20 gem recipe for some easy 20% quality ones.
enhance gem you'll have to drop 20 gemcutters on tho, takes forever to lvl as is. 20% quality on it doubles xp gain for it.

your whole CWDT setup is max lvl, very bad choice. you dont want it to trigger blood rage and you dont want it too trigger infrequently. lower level means it triggers more often.

lightning resistance is not maxed. thats a big issue. fix asap. currently you are only capped with endurance charges up. if they are not up (like at start of a fight or after cwdt trigger) you are much more likely to get 1shot from lightning damage. fire and cold are overcapped, so can easily drop some there and change for more lightning res.
if you fix your lightning res you can also drop that cobalt jewel or some of the resist nodes and get something better there instead.

edit: guess i was a tad slow. Monhsaroh got to it first
still gonna leave it as is. i just wanna add onto the corrupted blood issue he mentioned: if you can afford to get one, a jewel with "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you" corruption is super nice. regular bleed is much less of a threat and not having to worry about it at all is gonna be much better than having to look at debuffs and use a flask each time.

"
ButzemannDE wrote:
So would you recommend switching enhance out? for another gem or does it get better when i get more mana, becuase i feel like flicker sometimes stops because i dont have enough mana.

it's stated in the opening post, you can drop in vaal haste there instead to cap your dodge on bosses or other hard encounters.
could also sneak in a jewel with +2 mana on hit and maybe mana regen/max mana to help you a bit till you are higher lvl and have a bit larger mana pool.
Last edited by Cash4Cookies on Jan 10, 2019, 1:20:17 PM
"
Cash4Cookies wrote:
"
Slendin wrote:

Appreciate it allot!

flask, flasks, flask!
panicked eternal life flask of heat
basalt flask of waring (prefix can be whatever)

mana flask shouldn't be needed, can happily drop that.

rotgut/stibnite is not really that needed either, just grab an abyss jewel with onslaught on kill. like you can keep em, but you dont really need them. getting it from jewels is preferable.

gem quality, lots of room for improvement.
2nd wep slot is empty, grab some shitty weps, drop em in to level and do 1 gemcutter+ lvl20 gem recipe for some easy 20% quality ones.
enhance gem you'll have to drop 20 gemcutters on tho, takes forever to lvl as is. 20% quality on it doubles xp gain for it.

your whole CWDT setup is max lvl, very bad choice. you dont want it to trigger blood rage and you dont want it too trigger infrequently. lower level means it triggers more often.

lightning resistance is not maxed. thats a big issue. fix asap. currently you are only capped with endurance charges up. if they are not up (like at start of a fight or after cwdt trigger) you are much more likely to get 1shot from lightning damage. fire and cold are overcapped, so can easily drop some there and change for more lightning res.
if you fix your lightning res you can also drop that cobalt jewel or some of the resist nodes and get something better there instead.

edit: guess i was a tad slow. Monhsaroh got to it first
still gonna leave it as is. i just wanna add onto the corrupted blood issue he mentioned: if you can afford to get one, a jewel with "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you" corruption is super nice. regular bleed is much less of a threat and not having to worry about it at all is gonna be much better than having to look at debuffs and use a flask each time.

"
ButzemannDE wrote:

it's stated in the opening post, you can drop in vaal haste there instead to cap your dodge on bosses or other hard encounters.
could also sneak in a jewel with +2 mana on hit and maybe mana regen/max mana to help you a bit till you are higher lvl and have a bit larger mana pool.

Okey thanks for the tips!
What am I doing wrong? I'm level 86 and I still die to all bosses. The syndicate can basically 1 hit me with all flasks popped. I can clear t16 trash and that's about it. (Character:SanicTheToucan)
"
doomrott wrote:
What am I doing wrong? I'm level 86 and I still die to all bosses. The syndicate can basically 1 hit me with all flasks popped. I can clear t16 trash and that's about it. (Character:SanicTheToucan)

upfront, your issue is likely the still somewhat low health pool. which mostly is gonna be fixed by getting higher lvl and some better rares and jewels.

few things
- drop mana flows and wisdom of the glade from skill tree. you have enough int and that frees up 4 skillpoints.
- pick up the extra endurance charge down in duelist area
- lvl your cwdt setup. low lvl means it triggers frequently, wasting your endurance charges and giving you only low amount of phys immunity time in exchange. drop a few lvls on ice golem and let him be cast via that too, else uptime on that little fucker is rather low
- pick up the extra frenzy charges. not only is that more dmg (dead shit doesn't hurt) but also more evasion rating
- blind on hit jewel. blinded enemies have a much much lower chance to hit you. this is literally gonna double your evade chance vs bosses.
- upgrade to a better oro's. 742 edps, wtf.
- lots of lvl19 gems with zero quality, adds up getting 20% quality ones. especially 20% enfeeble gives a good boost, even with the decreased curse effect on bosses
- panicked life flask
Last edited by Cash4Cookies on Jan 10, 2019, 2:56:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info