3.7 FREEZING PULSE ASSASSIN (DUAL VOID BATTERY) 6-7 MIL SHAPER DPS

i cant find Snakepit in poe trade?
Snakepit rings are done for mate, use something else.

Hows this for an idea..

Use these

Surgebinders, Dragonscale Gauntlets

which give you 7% damage per power charge, and get rid of power charge on hit, replace it with Crit Multi.

It makes lots more crit multi, nearly 200% more.

what do you think???

Plus use 2 Divinarius blades for more attack damage until you get Void Batteries

"
Aucky wrote:

Hows this for an idea..

Use these

which give you 7% damage per power charge, and get rid of power charge on hit, replace it with Crit Multi.

what do you think???

Plus use 2 Divinarius blades for more attack damage until you get Void Batteries

Gonna try that. Thanks

Also, if someone wants to try something different:

I'am using "Impresence Cold" until I can get Pandemonius. It gives you decent DPS boost, you just have to be pretty close so the curse can reach your targets.
"
Aucky wrote:

Hows this for an idea..

Use these

what do you think???

Power Charge on Crit gives more dps than Increased Critical Damage.

Divinarius is super bad for Freezing Pulse, since Freezing Pulse is not an AoE.
So this is my second character ever leveled past 80 (first was BV elementalist in incursion), and as others have said the damage is insane but you are extremely squishy.
As I'm a bit new, I don't really understand void battery. Are two rares like the ones I'm using possibly better, or not even close?

More importantly, I'm running t14-t15 maps now and I really can't survive more than a couple of the boss encounters. Sure, you do good damage if they let you sit there and cast but that never happens in these boss fights (at least from my noobish perspective). What sort of things are yall doing for survivability? More curious how you cleared t16 easily as you said. Thanks and any help would be appreciated :)
From what i understand this is a glass cannon build , thus if you are not instantly killing the bosses .. the bosses are instantly kill you

which means the mathil rule applies .. ie dont get hit.

That being said I did take some time and looked at your gear and tree.

And i can see your issues.

for one thing your life rolls on gear are abysmal or flat out non existant.

The worst offenders by far are: your belt , your chest

with your boots and warlord rings being minor offenders

You can get upwards of 130 - 150 life on your belt. and 100 - 150 life on your chest.

tabby is supposed to make life easier getting to maps . but once you are in maps id frankly drop the exa to get a 6l rare with 2 res and 2 life mods

this would also make your resist situation easier because lets be honest a 6l cod is bit off in terms of investment

your warlord ring could then ideally be subbed for one with even a minor life roll in the 40s or 50s

The boots could stand to get a str roll and a higher life roll on them which would get you 50ish more base hp there

Finally your tree's over all investment in life is .. well it is comically low. So again if you are not insta killing .. you should consider .. mayhaps reinvesting some of your passive back into life and running safer maps until you gain some more levels

as for why void batteries are better

you need to consider what you are getting from the 2 power charges when you have 2

you are getting 8% damage from the power charge node
you are getting 50% damage from the 2 void batteries
80% crit from the two charges themselves
8% more damage because powercharge on crit gives 4% per extra powercharge
16% mulit because of assassins multi per charge.

this is not even considering the implicit spell crit on the void batteries themselves

nor is it considering that each wand is givn 130+ spell damage at just 7 power charges.

Void batteries only downside is that they dont have projectile speed , but then again neither do your wands .

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Dec 18, 2018, 1:39:21 PM
Thanks very much for your reply Salty - really, it helps quite a bit! I'll pay much more attention to these things you've outlined. In regards to the skill tree I really just followed the build path from this forum. When I get a 6l cod, would you recommend getting rid of MoM in the skill tree? I've read elsewhere many will keep that simply because of the mana nodes that follow it.

Again, thanks for your reply.
You will want the mana, especially if you use a cod. this is because the extra 10% damage to mana dramatically increases amount of life your mana covers

which means to really really take advantage of cod you want a free mana pool closer to 2k if you have say 4k life

in the end it is all about balancing the two pools too little in mana and a single hit will instantly wipe out your pool and interrupt your casts

This is also why you dont see a clarity being used and also why the ops linked head gear has a mana reservation mod.

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Dec 18, 2018, 3:33:49 PM
Yeap, I really don't understand the benefit of
if you just compare it, to lets say Loreweave? Isn't the 2nd just flat out better choice?

And if you have some mana problems early -
is a great solution. If you get hit you still can get instantly out because you skills don't cost mana, or just finish the boss if hes low. Also steady mana gain helps to survive a little bit longer.
well the 1% mana regen per second after mana regen passives is basically a free clarity (especially if you happen to have a massive mana pool in the 2 - 3k area)

the extra 10% damage taken before life means you can invest heavier into mana because it can cover more of your life.

The number 1 issue with most mom builds is getting hit really hard that depletes your mana preventing you from say completing a teleport or attack or getting hit with a dot that basically counters your mana regen and leaves you empty for several seconds.

So usually the best thing to do is get enough free mana to cover your life with some too spare.

for base mom that is if i recall 44% mana to life. but with cod that ratio is even higher.

So instead of needing a ton of life on the tree you can reinvest into a few more mana nodes to help your sustain without giving up a potion slot to a mana flask.

flask slots do not grow on trees you know..

That being said cod is probably one of the last things you should go for and you really should only use one when its a 6l and your gear situation can accommodate its lack of resists

until then you would be better served doing what i suggested to the other fella and rolling with a rare with life and some resists. or just staying with a tabby if you dont feel like dropping the 1 exa for a temp chest.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Dec 19, 2018, 7:00:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info