3.7 FREEZING PULSE ASSASSIN (DUAL VOID BATTERY) 6-7 MIL SHAPER DPS

Thank you for build, im finally reached 1M TTdps (472k avg in pob), now I will work on jewels.

https://i.imgur.com/umN8uuJ.jpg

I having a trouble when i import the copypaste to pob, pob says that is invalid skill tree. Can you update the paste link ?
Is really level 4 empower better than cold penetration?

Even for bosses?

I know PoB shows higher dps, but i'm still not sure about it.
POB link not working please help
"
CRE_AGA wrote:
Is really level 4 empower better than cold penetration?

Even for bosses?

I know PoB shows higher dps, but i'm still not sure about it.

I would wager that it depends entirely on how much penetration you have elsewhere

Do you have 5 - 11 % cold pen on the tree?
Do you use a wise oak for 15%?
Do you have that extremely expensive amulet for 20%?
Are you good about placing frost bomb down?

If you said yes to every single one of those things then you are looking at 70% cold pen on call anyway

an extra 37% is redundant.

Where as freezing pulse gains pretty ridiculous scaling with levels so a level 4 empower is usually the best option.

But again it boils down too how much cold pen you have elsewhere

In my case I cant afford the 20% ammy nor can i afford to run with a wise oak until i have corrupted a gem to deal with corrupting blood.

So cold pen is a decent solution for me.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jan 2, 2019, 10:30:26 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
I would wager that it depends entirely on how much penetration you have elsewhere

Do you have 5 - 11 % cold pen on the tree?
Do you use a wise oak for 15%?
Do you have that extremely expensive amulet for 20%?
Are you good about placing frost bomb down?

If you said yes to every single one of those things then you are looking at 70% cold pen on call anyway

an extra 37% is redundant.

Where as freezing pulse gains pretty ridiculous scaling with levels so a level 4 empower is usually the best option.

But again it boils down too how much cold pen you have elsewhere

In my case I cant afford the 20% ammy nor can i afford to run with a wise oak until i have corrupted a gem to deal with corrupting blood.

So cold pen is a decent solution for me.

Well, have 41% cold penetration without cold penetration gem (6% from tree, 15% flask and 20% Pandemonius), so i guess its still better keep cold penetration gem than swapping it for empower, right?

Edit: About frost bomb, have it in my setup, but barely using it, its kinda clunky and just too much messing with another button for me.
Last edited by CRE_AGA on Jan 3, 2019, 1:35:36 PM
probably as long as you dont have access to a 6l that offers +1 gems in it.

a level 4 empower is 35% more base damage on freezing pulse
cold pen is 37% resist pen

40% is about where monsters like the shaper go into the negative on resists

Thus one could argue the cold pen gem is still better than empower so long as that empower is not level 5

cheaper too.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jan 3, 2019, 1:57:06 PM
What do you think about using Taryn Shiver staff as budget option? 6 linked staff is about the price of the worst rolled Void battery(3 exa) which you need 2 of. Also you don't have to worry about getting 6 linked chest in that case.

+2 to level of cold gems from staff; dropping con destro for lvl 3/4 empower; using 21 corrupted fp... The damage should be insane imo. You can put all that together for less currency than 2 void batteries. You sure lose some crit chance but once you get 7 power charges going you should be ok right?

I have had my fill of words and tearful farewells. I desire blood and cries of our enemy.

~Gannicus
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
probably as long as you dont have access to a 6l that offers +1 gems in it.

a level 4 empower is 35% more base damage on freezing pulse
cold pen is 37% resist pen

40% is about where monsters like the shaper go into the negative on resists

Thus one could argue the cold pen gem is still better than empower so long as that empower is not level 5

cheaper too.

What about faster projectiles? afaik freezing pulse damage scales well with projectile speed and damage.
the gem? horrible. the stat? pretty valuable to a point.

cae in point if you really really are trying to be cheap

picking up a wand like this for 30 - 40 c is a decent alternative to a void battery.

Another less consistent option is

speed shrines are pretty common procs on the gull .. so much so that you will probably see atleast 1 every map.

speed shrines affect projectile speed

there is also the projectile speed node in the shadow area and an amulet craft for 10% speed each.

That being said you really only need the 60% speed you get from a 20/20 freezing pulse.

with that alone you will be shooting off screen

"
NobodySuper wrote:
What do you think about using Taryn Shiver staff as budget option? 6 linked staff is about the price of the worst rolled Void battery(3 exa) which you need 2 of. Also you don't have to worry about getting 6 linked chest in that case.

+2 to level of cold gems from staff; dropping con destro for lvl 3/4 empower; using 21 corrupted fp... The damage should be insane imo. You can put all that together for less currency than 2 void batteries. You sure lose some crit chance but once you get 7 power charges going you should be ok right?

well just a cursory look

you lose about 15- 20% cast speed

you lose 258% spell damage

you have 8% less damage from power charge on crit

you have 16% reduced crit multi

you lose 200% crit chance

but you gain 20% more base damage because of the +2 levels

And if you ever plan on going void batteries you will need to sell the staff and buy a 6l chest anyway.

honestly id rather just buy a 6l rare with good resists and life and then spend 50 chaos on 2 really good rare wands so i can phase in the void batteries when i get them

rather than dick around with investing multiple exalts on something i probably wont be able to resell fast.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jan 3, 2019, 8:50:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info